IGNORED

West Ham (home)

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

Agreed. It's 'make do and mend' with team selection right now and we are going to have to fit a few more square pegs into round holes for the next month or so. This is where Bobby M needs to earn his money by organising, drilling and motivating our fit players well enough to ensure that we are in striking distance of the top 4 when our injured players return.

Agreed. It's 'make do and mend' with team selection right now and we are going to have to fit a few more square pegs into round holes for the next month or so. This is where Bobby M needs to earn his money by organising, drilling and motivating our fit players well enough to ensure that we are in striking distance of the top 4 when our injured players return.

Even while balancing Europa League games.

Even while balancing Europa League games.

Come on Steve, this is a forum about Everton F.C founded 1878, not Roberto Martinez born 1973. He is a breath of fresh air, but let's not make excuses when he makes weird decisions.

He's possibly getting Barkley game time but for me he needs to be behind the striker or not at all.

Edited by Hafnia

Come on Steve, this is a forum about Everton F.C founded 1878, not Roberto Martinez born 1973. He is a breath of fresh air, but let's not make excuses when he makes weird decisions.

He's possibly getting Barkley game time but for me he needs to be behind the striker or not at all.

I'm sorry? Someone mentioned that we have to use some round pegs in square holes while so many players are injured, and I simply commented that it's even more tricky than that because of having the extra load of Europa League game. What in that justified your rant about Everton FC being founded in 1878?

You may be smart and know a lot about the team, but you sure as heck get fixated on people and ideas. Why can't you simply take comments the way they are intended instead of always trying to find a hidden agenda or pushing your own?

I'm just watching the game now, about 30 mins through.. And I'm actually enjoying the fact we have a slightly more attacking midfielder with McCarthy. Against these sorts of teams, we should just play the one holding and even have Ross partner in the middle Pushing forward.

I'm sorry? Someone mentioned that we have to use some round pegs in square holes while so many players are injured, and I simply commented that it's even more tricky than that because of having the extra load of Europa League game. What in that justified your rant about Everton FC being founded in 1878?

You may be smart and know a lot about the team, but you sure as heck get fixated on people and ideas. Why can't you simply take comments the way they are intended instead of always trying to find a hidden agenda or pushing your own?

Steve I'm a massive Roberto fan, but let's cut to the chase the criticism of him in terms of formations, substitutions etc is totally valid. What does Europa have to do with playing Barkley out wide??? Absolutely nothing.

My point is that if something is relevant and valid then don't just try and drum up an excuse. Europa is not an excuse. Roberto is a top manager and I love him bit Everton is why I'm on here not the manager.

Im fully expecting a good run over the next few games. We are 5th in the table right now (form table)

Tottenham - cant really seem to find any form. Watched the game against Hull today and they dont look right. Something is off.

Hull - i saw nothing that scares me tbh

Man City - we usually do well against them.

QPR - the worst team in the PL.

I expect at least 7 points bit could even be 9 or 12.

We accepted the charge and were fined £20,000.

I'm glad it's so little but it's pitiful really, how is that supposed to make clubs (in general, not talking this case specifically) do more to "control" their players in the future. It's petty cash even to us given the state of football finance nowadays, equivalent to fining a Ferrari driver 50p for speeding and expecting him to think, "Wow, I'll never do that again."

I'm glad it's so little but it's pitiful really, how is that supposed to make clubs (in general, not talking this case specifically) do more to "control" their players in the future. It's petty cash even to us given the state of football finance nowadays, equivalent to fining a Ferrari driver 50p for speeding and expecting him to think, "Wow, I'll never do that again."

Wait until Bill tells them the xmas party is now cancelled it cos we're skint now we've had to pay that. They wont do it again for defo!

Why do they charge the team and not the players? In American sports they just fine the players. If I were naisy I would tell bill k that I would pick up the bill, it was his fault.

Why was it Naismith's fault? It was the West Ham players that started it all because they didn't like the tackle. Did he do something first?

We were fined because we didn't control our players. Nothing to do with instigating anything. If it was for instigation then only West Ham would have been fined.

Always thought that wording's a bit strange; for the "club" to control the players people would have to go onto the pitch, which is against the rules in itself isn't it? So if we'd have tried to control them we'd have been committing another offence :huh:.

Always thought that wording's a bit strange; for the "club" to control the players people would have to go onto the pitch, which is against the rules in itself isn't it? So if we'd have tried to control them we'd have been committing another offence :huh:.

I've thought the same thing myself, but it's the FA so what do you expect? :P