IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

Anythings funny that involves Newty. Your poking the stick comment was bang on. He pokes the stick then acts as though you're the problem.

Course he does. He's never done it to me though so it was none of my business but when he does I have a right to and will tell him he's doing it.

That being said I don't want to turn this thread into a slanging match. I've said what I wanted to say, I'm sure Newty will be along to respond any time now. So be it but that's my last on it.

Apologies to ALL the other posting members for arguing in the thread (that was none Everton related)

I actually do agree our attackers are better on the counter. But as I've stated you need a decent defence to play like that. At the moment we're so fragile at the back we'll just get thumped.

Yep I think Bretts right about the counter attacking ways but you're also spot on with the needing a good defence. Look early season, we tried playing forward and bombing on on the break and we were conceding goals big time. He switched us to a more reserved style where we have started cautiously passing around the back and for a while at least we stopped conceding but the goals also dried up.

So early season we scored freely but conceded just as bad then he sorted that by playing more conservative but we also stopped scoring.

There doesn't seem to of been a happy medium been established this season and at the minute it's just farcical.

Yep I think Bretts right about the counter attacking ways but you're also spot on with the needing a good defence. Look early season, we tried playing forward and bombing on on the break and we were conceding goals big time. He switched us to a more reserved style where we have started cautiously passing around the back and for a while at least we stopped conceding but the goals also dried up.

So early season we scored freely but conceded just as bad then he sorted that by playing more conservative but we also stopped scoring.

There doesn't seem to of been a happy medium been established this season and at the minute it's just farcical.

We played both ways last season and had one of the best defensive records in the league.

Its the same players with the same system, its just that they have suffered from poor form and a loss of confidence as a result.

We haven't been able to put a string of results together (winning ones) like we did last season, our defense has shipped so many soft goals.

I believe that we will come through this, that Martinez will energize the team and we and he will be stronger as a result.

I believe in loyalty to the club, to the manager and to the players. We need to give Martinez and the coaching staff time to work through this.

Fergy always used to say it takes time to put a team together and judge a manager.

Haven't we all yet realised that our youngsters aren't ready. Garbutt has stepped up and rightly so. However the rest aren't good enough.

I'm not sure it's the youngsters, I think our older players aren't good enough.

I would quite happily see ledson instead of Barry if I'm honest. The only way to find out if they are good enough is to play them.

I'm not sure it's the youngsters, I think our older players aren't good enough.

I would quite happily see ledson instead of Barry if I'm honest. The only way to find out if they are good enough is to play them.

Let's face it though he won't even drop Barry for Besic let alone Ledson.

To be fair what are you basing it on, how often have you seen Ledson play?

A couple of times and he seems more than comfortable enough. What I'm basing my opinion on is that if senior players aren't doing it the fuckin drop them.

Why do we need to persistantly start players who aren't doing it?

Up until we seen garbutt people said he wasn't ready, he came in and proved that he was.

The thought of dropping lukaku for kone was laughed at. It wasn't when you seen him play.

Players getting picked by reputation.

A couple of times and he seems more than comfortable enough. What I'm basing my opinion on is that if senior players aren't doing it the fuckin drop them.

Up until we seen garbutt people said he wasn't ready, he came in and proved that he was.

The thought of dropping lukaku for kone was laughed at. It wasn't when you seen him play.

I completely agree with this, which was my point before to MC.

I don't agree with players being picked by reputation, unless you mean Roberto is picking his favourites and playing them in the wrong manner/position.

Garbutt has been in and around the first team squad for 3 seasons. He made his first team debut under Moyes 3 years ago. He's 22 years of age. Hes done his loan thing in the lower leagues. It was always going to be him who stepped up.

Ledson against Keasnador was nothing special. In fact I didn't notice him at all - no thanks.

I completely agree with this, which was my point before to MC.

I don't agree with players being picked by reputation, unless you mean Roberto is picking his favourites and playing them in the wrong manner/position.

If you and Hafnia seriously think bringing Ledson in will improve the midfield you should both give your heads a wobble.

Garbutt has been in and around the first team squad for 3 seasons. He made his first team debut under Moyes 3 years ago. He's 22 years of age. Hes done his loan thing in the lower leagues. It was always going to be him who stepped up.

Ledson against Keasnador was nothing special. In fact I didn't notice him at all - no thanks.

In fairness MC you tend not to notice tidy midfield play, you tend to notice players who run with the ball.

Ledson had a 91% pass accuracy. 56 passes out of 57 touches, 6 of them long balls which 5 found their man.

In fairness MC you tend not to notice tidy midfield play, you tend to notice players who run with the ball.

Ledson had a 91% pass accuracy. 56 passes out of 57 touches, 6 of them long balls which 5 found their man.

What a load of bollocks HA!

Whys that because I don't rate McCarthy as a technically gifted player? Is that what your basing that on! Do stop talking shit!

I couldn't care less of Ledson's stats. If was a second rate friendly with nothing to play for. He never stood out!

If you and Hafnia seriously think bringing Ledson in will improve the midfield you should both give your heads a wobble.

We could continue to play Barkley on the wing I guess, where he is carried and ineffectual. Or Eto'o, for that matter. Or McGeady who is repeatedly proving he is not good enough.

Or we can give a youngster to play in his preferred position, due to lack of choice and potentially shine. Like we did with Stones, and recently Garbutt.

edit: For the record,I never mentioned Ledson specifically. I said youth players playing their natural positions would be preferable to out of form first teamers (who, on form are head and shoulders above the youth) being played out of position.

Edited by Matt

We could continue to play Barkley on the wing I guess, where he is carried and ineffectual. Or Eto'o, for that matter. Or McGeady who is repeatedly proving he is not good enough.

Or we can give a youngster to play in his preferred position, due to lack of choice and potentially shine. Like we did with Stones, and recently Garbutt.

edit: For the record,I never mentioned Ledson specifically. I said youth players playing their natural positions would be preferable to out of form first teamers (who, on form are head and shoulders above the youth) being played out of position.

What has bringing Ledson in got to do with anyone playing on the wing???

We have Besic and Barkley who can play central midfield. Barry is also fit..... Seriously what has the wing got to do with Ledson?

What a load of bollocks HA!

Whys that because I don't rate McCarthy as a technically gifted player? Is that what your basing that on! Do stop talking shit!

I couldn't care less of Ledson's stats. If was a second rate friendly with nothing to play for. He never stood out!

Ahh look the master of contradiction's toys have come out the pram. Give him some stats to counter his opinion and stats don't matter, but only when they support his opinion.

Why is McCarthy popping up in this now? Technically gifted? Techniques in football:-

Tackling

Passing

Shooting

Dribbling

Heading

3 out of the 5 I think he's more than technically adequate in. Tackling definitely. Passing very good. Dribbling maybe not great but uses pace to go past a man, shooting he could show more of.

So what's your new definition of technical ability MC? To do a zidane spin, a rabona? Probably some sort of FM 2014 nonsense. Not sure if it's listed in wiki cliches

P.s don't forget control. He's pretty good at that. Imo a pretty all round solid technical player.

Edited by Hafnia

What has bringing Ledson in got to do with anyone playing on the wing???

We have Besic and Barkley who can play central midfield. Barry is also fit..... Seriously what has the wing got to do with Ledson?

Sorry, got mixed up with one of the other promising youngsters

Ahh look the master of contradiction's toys have come out the pram. Give him some stats to counter his opinion and stats don't matter, but only when they support his opinion.

Why is McCarthy popping up in this now? Technically gifted? Techniques in football:-

Tackling

Passing

Shooting

Dribbling

Heading

3 out of the 5 I think he's more than technically adequate in. Tackling definitely. Passing very good. Dribbling maybe not great but uses pace to go past a man, shooting he could show more of.

So what's your new definition of technical ability MC? To do a zidane spin, a rabona? Probably some sort of FM 2014 nonsense. Not sure if it's listed in wiki cliches

Your the one who's just said "MC you don't tend to see good midfield play" based on what you fucking lunatic? What a fucking bellend statement that is.

Is it based solely on me not rating the central midfield partnership of McCarthy & Barry from the word go? It that what you're basing that on?

The trouble with you lot is you get too hung up on this youth bollocks and start screaming for a player to be picked for the first XI when you have absolutely no idea how good or bad they are. The manager and coaching staff these these players at close quarters day in day out and if they are ready they will get a chance. You cant just pick someone because they are young, its laughable

Your the one who's just said "MC you don't tend to see good midfield play" based on what you fucking lunatic? What a fucking bellend statement that is.

Is it based solely on me not rating the central midfield partnership of McCarthy & Barry from the word go? It that what you're basing that on?

Stop chatting shite, you are so predictable. You make a statement, corner yourself and then redirect it in order to divert the focus away from the shit you spouted.

You clearly just didn't rate McCarthy and tried to find any justification to enforce this opinion. At one stage calling Gibson the complete midfielder.

You would best be suited to scouting 15 year old kids playing fa doubles who have to hog on to the ball. One-two touch footballers just don't creep on to your radar. So the answer is no, you just don't appreciate good midfield play. Youre still like a fancy Dan loving teenage fanboy.

The trouble with you lot is you get too hung up on this youth bollocks and start screaming for a player to be picked for the first XI when you have absolutely no idea how good or bad they are. The manager and coaching staff these these players at close quarters day in day out and if they are ready they will get a chance. You cant just pick someone because they are young, its laughable

It's not about age. It's about ability. Barry has played in matches and been completely shite, he's cost us goals. If he was a kid he would be banished so the point does stand.

Osman is unfit, besic has been ill so why not light a fire under some players arses.

I'd like to think that kone starting ahead of lukaku would put some much needed fire in his belly but I thought he dulled and that tells you all you need to know.

Ledson from what I have seen and certainly in the England set up is a player that suits Martinez style down to the ground. A touch footballer who has great movement and shows for the pass, doesn't hang on to it and gives it accurately.

Stop chatting shite, you are so predictable. You make a statement, corner yourself and then redirect it in order to divert the focus away from the shit you spouted.

You clearly just didn't rate McCarthy and tried to find any justification to enforce this opinion. At one stage calling Gibson the complete midfielder.

You would best be suited to scouting 15 year old kids playing fa doubles who have to hog on to the ball. One-two touch footballers just don't creep on to your radar. So the answer is no, you just don't appreciate good midfield play. Youre still like a fancy Dan loving teenage fanboy.

Why because I DONT rate McCarthy? .... Now I don't rate anyone who can't run with the ball. You're a spanner short. The most ridiculous statement ever.

Its not just because they're young, don't think anyone has said its solely for youth. Its because they're an unknown quantity, not only to us but to all the other teams who have sussed us out, and that we have players that can play in their natural positions. The latter point is most important for me.