IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

Appearances in 2013/14

Messi 46

Ronaldo 47

Bale 44

Mirallas 37

I think Mirallas gets a bit of unfair stick for his injury record but his schedule is no where near that of the 3 players you mention.

Certainly I think real explosive sprinters are more prone to hamstring pulls. But I suppose it's all down to individuals.

I agree that we need more wingers. I totally disagree with how high up you rate 'Kev'. Did you say he'd walk into 75% of teams or champions league teams or something? I think if that were true we would have had some bids for him. I don't think we've had any? I rate him, and he us valuable to us but he's not 'that' good.

If he leaves he'll play CL football with a bigger club than ourselves. Only player in this squad ready for it. Would be a much better player with better players around him.

If he leaves he'll play CL football with a bigger club than ourselves. Only player in this squad ready for it. Would be a much better player with better players around him.

To be honest I thought he'd been with us for about 5 years...did t realise this was only his 3rd season.

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2013/6/6/4375422/tactical-analysis-inside-the-mind-of-roberto-martinez

Apologies if this has been talked about before, but this article seems to break down the tactile play of RM, and from what it seems to conclude that Wigan weren't able to execute his approach properly due to technical and talent limitations, it seems like the current Everton clan is also experiencing the same issues. From what I see at least.

I will indeed...If you'd care to point out where I mentioned you had said anything out of context etc etc.

Drop the shield and sword...not everything is a personal attack to get defensive about.

I got bored of all the to and thro pointless arguing a while ago.

As per usual you've missed the whole point of my post. Stop pokink with a stick Newty then holding your hands up playing the holier than thou card it's fucking embarrasing.

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2013/6/6/4375422/tactical-analysis-inside-the-mind-of-roberto-martinez

Apologies if this has been talked about before, but this article seems to break down the tactile play of RM, and from what it seems to conclude that Wigan weren't able to execute his approach properly due to technical and talent limitations, it seems like the current Everton clan is also experiencing the same issues. From what I see at least.

But that's ridiculous then. If his approach or tactics demand players at a level/calibre higher than the personel he has present, you adapt or change upur approach to suit the abilities. That is the role of a manager. To get the best out of the personel under his tuition.

Its like a new teacher, teaching year 2's GCSE's expecting them to understand and execute it, irrelevant to their true/current skillset.

But that's ridiculous then. If his approach or tactics demand players at a level/calibre higher than the personel he has present, you adapt or change upur approach to suit the abilities. That is the role of a manager. To get the best out of the personel under his tuition.

Its like a new teacher, teaching year 2's GCSE's expecting them to understand and execute it, irrelevant to their true/current skillset.

Thought you didn't like the analogies in here?

:P

But whats to say a defensive approach would have worked any better? Given their budget and the injuries they had, staying up twice and winning an FA Cup is a pretty good return.

As a teacher myself, I couldn't agree more.

If the man is *that* unwilling to adapt his system and vision to the current clan he has, then the lion's share of the problem lies with him. I have always liked this guy since day one, but I guess his arrogance and pride is becoming more and more apparent, and I think he is starting to lose favor (or favour for you brits) for some of us. I'm still with him and back him 100% for now, but if changes aren't made, that number is gonna dwindle.

watching everton more and more I can honestly say that a counterattacking style is our best option for the players we have. We do not have majority possession footballers. They can't pass under pressure, there not imaginative enough on the ball and too much time on the ball kills there ability to make things happen.

Take the Newcastle away last year, Wolfsburg away this year, these type of games suite us best nd make us look like a quality side. We are a better villa side and we need to start playing to the players we have available at the club.

McCarthy, Barkley, Mirallas, lukaku, atsu....these are all players that on counter attack, have scored some nd assissted some very good goals a nd look far more comfortable doing so. And finally by playing. This way, it gives reason for using two holding midfielders when shit breaks down.

Edited by Brett Angel

Iwatching everton mote and more I can honestly say that a counterattacking style is our best option for the players we have. We do not have majority possession footballers. They can't pass under pressure, there not imaginative enough on the ball and too much time on the ball kills there ability to make things happen.

Take the Newcastle away last year, Wolfsburg away this year, these type of games suite us best nd make us look like a quality side. We are a better villa side and we need to start playing to the players we have available at the club.

McCarthy, Barkley, Mirallas, lukaku, atsu....these ate all players that on counterattack, have scored some nd assissted some very good goals a nd look far more comfortable doing so. And finally by playing. This way, it gives reason for using two holding midfielders when shit breaks down.

To play counter attacking football you have to draw teams onto you and have a solid defense. Newcastle were all over us for long periods and we still couldn't counter.

Surely your average year 2 student should be able to pass a GCSE anyway!

To play counter attacking football you have to draw teams onto you and have a solid defense. Newcastle were all over us for long periods and we still couldn't counter.

We were never set up to play counterattacking against Newcastle. Just agree will ya, you know you do but feel you have to counter every point with a difference of opinion you fool

I think the main problem is lack of confidence not which particular type of football we played. Last year we played very good counter attacking football against Newcastle away. We defended really well and were full of attackihg intent when we broke. Same against Utd away, and Chelsea at home

Similarly against Arsenal at home last season we took them apart and dominated them, we enjoed good victories where we dominated posession and created many chances. Our defence was one of the best in the league.

This season with mostly the same team our defence has looked shakey from day 1. Both against Leicester and Arsenal we threw away leads and have looked vulnerable. As a result our defence has been pressurised and cracked. This has spread to the rest of the team, and we look totally devoid ofnany belief. Players dont want to make mistakes, and are afraid to take chances, and we just dont create.

Why is our defence so leaky? Because Jags came back from the world cup a wreck, and this spread to the rest of the team. I also think that we are missing having Pienaar playing at anything like good standard, and Mcgeady for whatever reason just hasnt settled. We just havent had any wingers to allow Baines or Coleman to play off.

We have played players out of position in an attempt to cover our lack of wingers and also accommodate Barkley, Eto, Naismith, which just has not worked. The players all drift inside, the fullbacks get isolated and we just get predictable.

I am a fan of Martinez and a big believer of his style of football, we are not playing as fast paced as last year because of our lack of confidence. I dont think he has lost the dressing room, I just think he strugglling to list the team. I think he will lift them but only once we sign 2 new wingers to replace Pienaar and McGeady, and signed a new centre half. We need tonget Stones and a.n.other to be the central partnership and get them playing ASAP.

Our best chance this season is in Europa, we should concentrate on that and use the league to blood new players and build for next season.

Edited by London Blue

I think the main problem is lack of confidence not which particular type of football we played. Last year we played very good counter attacking football against Newcastle away. We defended really well and were full of attackihg intent when we broke. Same against Utd away, and Chelsea at home

Similarly against Arsenal at home last season we took them apart and dominated them, we enjoed good victories where we dominated posession and created many chances. Our defence was one of the best in the league.

This season with mostly the same team our defence has looked shakey from day 1. Both against Leicester and Arsenal we threw away leads and have looked vulnerable. As a result our defence has been pressurised and cracked. This has spread to the rest of the team, and we look totally devoid ofnany belief. Players dont want to make mistakes, and are afraid to take chances, and we just dont create.

Why is our defence so leaky? Because Jags came back from the world cup a wreck, and this spread to the rest of the team. I also think that we are missing having Pienaar playing at anything like good standard, and Mcgeady for whatever reason just hasnt settled. We just havent had any wingers to allow Baines or Coleman to play off.

We have played players out of position in an attempt to cover our lack of wingers and also accommodate Barkley, Eto, Naismith, which just has not worked. The players all drift inside, the fullbacks get isolated and we just get predictable.

I am a fan of Martinez and a big believer of his style of football, we are not playing as fast paced as last year because of our lack of confidence. I dont think he has lost the dressing room, I just think he strugglling to list the team. I think he will lift them but only once we sign 2 new wingers to replace Pienaar and McGeady, and signed a new centre half. We need tonget Stones and a.n.other to be the central partnership and get them playing ASAP.

Our best chance this season is in Europa, we should concentrate on that and use the league to blood new players and build for next season.

I don't think we have a cats chance in hell of winning the Europa League unless our league form picks up dramatically

If we carry on the way we are going by the time the next round of European games come around we will be firmly entrenched in the bottom 3 and the players will have zero confidence. This season is already in danger of being a write off , we should concentrate fully on securing our Premiership survival before we can even start thinking about blooding youngsters in preparation for next season

Haven't we all yet realised that our youngsters aren't ready. Garbutt has stepped up and rightly so. However the rest aren't good enough.

Out of curiousity, based on what?

Considering half our first team could be deemed not good enough at the moment, I don't see any problems bringing in some of the youngsters.

Out of curiousity, based on what?

Considering half our first team could be deemed not good enough at the moment, I don't see any problems bringing in some of the youngsters.

Will you ever stop waffling on about our youth? You're one of the worst for it. THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THE FIRST TEAM AND IMPROVE US. There is MUCH better players already in the first team.

On average only 1-2 players make the grade every season and they usually hover in and around the match day squads. About 1 player makes it into a regular first teamer every 4 years.

None of them are even close based on Krasnador. Garbutt is the only one and that's why he's moved up and the rest haven't.

Will you ever stop waffling on about our youth? You're one of the worst for it. THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THE FIRST TEAM AND IMPROVE US. There is MUCH better players already in the first team.

On average only 1-2 players make the grade every season and they usually hover in and around the match day squads. About 1 player makes it into a regular first teamer every 4 years.

None of them are even close based on Krasnador. Garbutt is the only one and that's why he's moved up and the rest haven't.

It was a simple question, calm down and stop contradicting yourself. Youth arent good enough but you just admitted Garbutt had earned it, so why are the rest not?

Edited by Matt

Why is our defence so leaky? Because Jags came back from the world cup a wreck,

So It's all Jagielkas fault then? :rofl:

I really have heard it all now. Mcgeady and Barkley giving the ball away like they did the other day, Distin being passed his prime, Stones being injured coleman and Baines under performing is ALL Jagielkas fault. Oh my fucking lord.

I don't think we have a cats chance in hell of winning the Europa League unless our league form picks up dramatically

If we carry on the way we are going by the time the next round of European games come around we will be firmly entrenched in the bottom 3 and the players will have zero confidence. This season is already in danger of being a write off , we should concentrate fully on securing our Premiership survival before we can even start thinking about blooding youngsters in preparation for next season

Couldn't agree more Dunc. People saying it's ok we'll win Europa.. We seriously need to find 40 points first because I'd sooner have prem survival than win that.

Seriously, anyone sitting back thinking everything will be rosey needs to sit up and start worrying because we are in a botton half fight as we speak now, defeats to Hull and Man City next two games and we could be in the bottom 3. Will people start to take notice of the "doomers and gloomers " then.

As per usual you've missed the whole point of my post. Stop pokink with a stick Newty then holding your hands up playing the holier than thou card it's fucking embarrasing.

More like it's embarrassing how you keep losing your rag and flinging shit at people. Did Santa not bring you what you want?

You've turned it a right waste of space these days. Now get to fuck and take your tantrums elsewhere.

More like it's embarrassing how you keep losing your rag and flinging shit at people. Did Santa not bring you what you want?

You've turned it a right waste of space these days. Now get to fuck and take your tantrums elsewhere.

:rofl:

Put your dummy back in diddums. Don't like it when people tell you how it is do you.

Don't bother responding, you post like a pre pubescent schoolboy with all your childish gibbering about any sexual innuendo you can.

You'd send a glass eye to sleep you score sraw. Keep supporting "football" over Everton champ that's the real reason you are never arsed because you already admitted elsewhere you aren't really arsed.

Now get backto the underwear section in the catalogue you bellwhiff

We were never set up to play counterattacking against Newcastle. Just agree will ya, you know you do but feel you have to counter every point with a difference of opinion you fool

I actually do agree our attackers are better on the counter. But as I've stated you need a decent defence to play like that. At the moment we're so fragile at the back we'll just get thumped.