IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

• 1 month later...

Once we've got youth taking over from underperforming seniors I'll believe him. For now it's just words. I wonder who this brilliant playmaker we've got in the youth ranks that he mentioned is?

I'd guess this is Dowell judging by the pre-season and his early inclusion last year - Martinez seems to really like him.

Like you said, Ledson sounds like a different type of player.

I'd guess this is Dowell judging by the pre-season and his early inclusion last year - Martinez seems to really like him.

Like you said, Ledson sounds like a different type of player.

It sounds like Dowell's doing well judging by the snippets I've heard on SSN, and he scores fairly regularly for our youth sides, so it could be him.

Our youngsters really are a cause for optimism.

It sounds like Dowell's doing well judging by the snippets I've heard on SSN, and he scores fairly regularly for our youth sides, so it could be him.

Our youngsters really are a cause for optimism.

Not impressed myself as I said in the game thread, can't see it (yet).

I'll bow to your opinion seeing as I'm not watching (and again we do well!).

Sounds like Twitter disagrees with me though.

And have you considered moving to an igloo somewhere in the Arctic circle for the next nine months? It'd be the decent thing to do.

I'm hoping Mark does his reviews again next season. One of the reasons I love TT, they're sorely missed. Don't blame him for not doing it last season, though the Arctic will make it even harder to get him to do it!

I stopped because I got tired of saying the same things every week tbh!

I would be very happy if you restarted it... maybe do a trial run for the first three games or so? :)

If it's going to be a regular segment it needs a name.

Any good ideas?

Romey's Analysis of How he Thought Each Player did in Each Game Throughout the Season Thread 2015/16

Catchy, I know.

Looking at the first three games means it could just be a case of me blowing a blood gasket, so lets go down the comic book route and call it Death In The Family :lol:.

Romey, let me help you out with this handy template. Just cross out the entries that don't apply,

Another [exciting/dull/boring/brilliant] game. Such a pity that Howard had a howler and let in those [one/two/three/four/ten] late equalizers. Ratings for this game.

Howard. Couple of awesome saves. Pity about the [howlers/penalties/beard].

Coleman. Great runs up the wing and enjoyed the [goal/foul on Henderson/miskick]. Sucks in defence sometimes.

Jags. Great captain but too [quiet/slow/boss] at times. Wonderful half-volley to [score/crack the crossbar/knock out the ref].

Stones. Great in the air. Great on the ground. Don't believe the rumours that he's going to [Chelsea/United/City/Arsenal/Bayern/Harrogate for his hols.]

Baines. Superb sense of space. Great defensive plays. Waste of [one/two/three/four/twenty] corners.

McCarthy. The man is an engine. 90% pass completion to [Howard/Jags/Stones]. Has struck a real partnership with [Cleverly/Cleverley/TC].

Barry. Looked for him everywhere on the pitch. Only knew he was playing because he [came out the tunnel/got a red/held hands with Bobby]

Clev. The surprise player of the season. Two great passes for the season. Only player to have [scored from 50 yards/missed an open goal/have two three Es in his name].

Kev. Doesn't seem interested, but what a [goal/hairstyle/salary].

Gerry. What trickery but too selfish and no [final product/new haircut/hamstring left]

Rom. Great goals again today. The man is a beast. Can't [say enough about him/see him staying/control the ball].

Ross: Came on after [85/86/87/88/89/90] minutes. Wonderful shot with his [right/left] foot.

Gibson: Nice to see him play this season. Left after [1/2/3] minutes with a torn [hamstring/bicep/shirt]. Will be out for [1/2/3] [weeks/months/seasons]