IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

He said after the west ham game we all know what a good season WH have had and we have gone above them he is very happy with that.

I don't think he has any idea what club he is at, might have been good for wigan but not us.

He said after the west ham game we all know what a good season WH have had and we have gone above them he is very happy with that.

I don't think he has any idea what club he is at, might have been good for wigan but not us.

I don't think he means that he's happy with our season, but despite us not having a good season we're above a side who are considered to have had a very good season.

I don't think he means that he's happy with our season, but despite us not having a good season we're above a side who are considered to have had a very good season.

That's your interpretation, and I don't think west ham have had a very good season. finished 10th 2013 Edited by seve

• 2 weeks later...

Listening now. It's mostly been a decent interview so far. I was annoyed listening to him lamenting missing Pienaar and Osman for large chunks of the season - they're both at the end of their careers so he should have only been relying on them as squad players anyway and brought someone in over the summer. It's good to know that he wants to do that this summer though.

Really enjoyed the interview. Not many managers would be that open so fair play to Roberto for his openness and honesty.

I like how honest/respectful he was over Garbutt (who's talking contracts with us this week if ToffeeTV are to be believed). His outlook on youth and development is a massive positive into opinion. Sure I read someone giving him stick on not giving youth a chance on here - I disagree completely, think he's got plans for many coming through - it obviously takes time though.

Really enjoyed the interview. Not many managers would be that open so fair play to Roberto for his openness and honesty.

I like how honest/respectful he was over Garbutt (who's talking contracts with us this week if ToffeeTV are to be believed). His outlook on youth and development is a massive positive into opinion. Sure I read someone giving him stick on not giving youth a chance on here - I disagree completely, think he's got plans for many coming through - it obviously takes time though.

Once we've got youth taking over from underperforming seniors I'll believe him. For now it's just words. I wonder who this brilliant playmaker we've got in the youth ranks that he mentioned is?

Once we've got youth taking over from underperforming seniors I'll believe him. For now it's just words. I wonder who this brilliant playmaker we've got in the youth ranks that he mentioned is?

I presumed Ledson as he said doing the deeper job but also being able to find the killer pass.

"Roberto Martinez sat down with Toffee TV, NSNO, Bluekipper, When Skies Are Grey, SOS1878, Toffeeweb and ourselves, to look back at the season."

Why were we not invited :dry:?

I assume no one asked?

Sound quality is terrible for me, anyone else.

I assume no one asked?

Sound quality is terrible for me, anyone else.

If they'd invited us they could have had a sound engineer on board gratis.

Two birds, one stone :P.

(Not that I'd have attended on our behalf; many far better qualified local representatives we could've provided)

Just be interested to know how it was decided who was present, it's not like we're an insignificant splinter group :huh:.

If they'd invited us they could have had a sound engineer on board gratis.

Two birds, one stone :P.

(Not that I'd have attended on our behalf; many far better qualified local representatives we could've provided)

Just be interested to know how it was decided who was present, it's not like we're an insignificant splinter group :huh:.

Maybe our illustrious leader can shed some light?

5 minutes in and I'm so annoyed. Why the fuck doesn't he interview like this all season! It would remove so much of the frustration!

Finally finished the interview. Its a shame you can't here some of the questions (credit to the lads asking the questions, well prepared, very diplomatic without being easy), but it really is a great interview and it should offer a lot of reassurance to the doubters.

Even more excited for next season now :)