IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

He clearly has a killer pass, he's been an elite level attacking mid all his youth.

Daft to think otherwise. My opinion is he has that much to his game he doesn't know the right choice. Shoot left right, pass left right, dribble. He can do the lot.

He's in a position where players are in front of you but defenders are behind you. A lot of decisions. Trust me, he is in a very difficult role.

He clearly has a killer pass, he's been an elite level attacking mid all his youth.

Daft to think otherwise. My opinion is he has that much to his game he doesn't know the right choice. Shoot left right, pass left right, dribble. He can do the lot.

He's in a position where players are in front of you but defenders are behind you. A lot of decisions. Trust me, he is in a very difficult role.

not sure that is in doubt. The question is, will he learn?

Personally, I think he will but he seems to be a slow learner.

I used to moan at team mates for not pinging balls into me. My point was I could control anything they threw at me.

But the players around me didn't have the confidence to fire them in...so I had to learn to adapt.

Ross problem is that his brain see's things that 90% of hos teammates can't.

He needs to adapt his game to play in a team.

Is Barkley's passing the thing he's known for? He's a decent dribbler but I wouldn't place him in the top 20% of the PL in that category. I really want this kid to succeed but it seems like his stars haven't aligned just yet. There is a spark missing still, but honestly you can say that about the entire team this year. These days I compare everybody to Hazard since I feel he is the best of the best - truly deserving of player of the year. He can shine shit on most occasions - I really want to see Ross do the same.

not sure that is in doubt. The question is, will he learn?

Personally, I think he will but he seems to be a slow learner.

Will he be given the freedom to learn???

Psychologically the half wit pricks in the stands think he should be going the paper shop for them and give him a clip round the ear for buying himself a 10p bag of white mice.

I'm unsure as to what this lad needs to do in order to be allowed to develop, he's cost us fuck all but is treated like he owes us match winning performance after performance. Personally I'm disgusted.

Yes, I've had my criticisms of Rom, but not for one second would I give him verbal abuse. But this home grown blue is getting it good style.

Is he frustrating? Yes. Is he talented? Yes, can he become brilliant? Definitely.

He's in danger of becoming a very talented Tom Cleverley.

Will he be given the freedom to learn???

Psychologically the half wit pricks in the stands think he should be going the paper shop for them and give him a clip round the ear for buying himself a 10p bag of white mice.

I'm unsure as to what this lad needs to do in order to be allowed to develop, he's cost us fuck all but is treated like he owes us match winning performance after performance. Personally I'm disgusted.

Yes, I've had my criticisms of Rom, but not for one second would I give him verbal abuse. But this home grown blue is getting it good style.

Is he frustrating? Yes. Is he talented? Yes, can he become brilliant? Definitely.

He's in danger of becoming a very talented Tom Cleverley.

I think again you are arguing the wrong point

no one dislikes the lad, no one wants him to fail

its just some of us don't buy into this superstar and a 100 England caps nonsense.

and I have to ask again why if hes so talented was he sat on the bench yesterday?

or is that down to the heading of this particular theme

has Martinez got it wrong.

I think again you are arguing the wrong point

no one dislikes the lad, no one wants him to fail

its just some of us don't buy into this superstar and a 100 England caps nonsense.

and I have to ask again why if hes so talented was he sat on the bench yesterday?

or is that down to the heading of this particular theme

has Martinez got it wrong.

Can't really be arsed with the debate, are you judging him based on being benched? Personally I think he could do with a couple of games out.

Talented player, needs to mentally develop. Simple as that. There are no parallels with Rodwell other than being two footed. Potentially world class.

Barkley needs to step up. Simple as that really. He lacks any real aggression in his play which both Rooney and Gerrard had in abundance. Win at all costs mentality missing.

Good point I don't think he will ever have it you are born with it I have just watched arsenal in the first half

cazorla and ramsey show how a class midfielder performs

this again is not having a pop at Ross just the numptys who think hes world class.

Edited by seve

Good point I don't think he will ever have it you are born with it I have just watched arsenal in the first half

this again is not having a pop at Ross just the numptys who think hes world class.

Who's said he's World class? Don't recall anyone saying that.

neither are ramsey and cazorla. they're good but a far cry from world class.

Edited by markjazzbassist

100 England caps, potential world class, 35mil plus,

but no one on here has said hes world class

thought of a career in politics.

I'm reading your post over again to try and understand it - still not having any joy.

To make things clear for you:-

when Barkley clicks he's a match winner, a player who makers things happen. He has the potential to be world class.

At the moment its his mentality that needs improving.

A player that who can shoot with both feet, run at pace with the ball and has skill. Its applying it.

I'm reading your post over again to try and understand it - still not having any joy.

To make things clear for you:-

when Barkley clicks he's a match winner, a player who makers things happen. He has the potential to be world class.

At the moment its his mentality that needs improving.

A player that who can shoot with both feet, run at pace with the ball and has skill. Its applying it.

Sorry you are having trouble understanding my quotes

maybe if you take the Ross tinted glasses off.

Edited by seve

would you swap Ross for one of them?

I wouldn't.

Sorry you are having trouble understanding my quotes

maybe if you take the Ross tinted glasses off.

I'll give you an example of how your opinion of Ross is premature. JORDAN HENDERSON - no where near as talented as Barkley, Barkley has him beat in every department bar workrate and tackling.

However Henderson is twice the player he was 2 years ago, all because of application - mentally he improved. If the same thing happens to Ross then you are looking at a very good player indeed.

100 England caps, potential world class, 35mil plus,

but no one on here has said hes world class

thought of a career in politics.

Exactly, you've defeated your own argument.

All anyone has ever referred to is potential (hence the speculation of caps and big transfer fee). I'll use a similar argument I've had to use before; He's only 21! It was only his second full season, playing in an awful team and completely mismanaged by Martinez. That said, it could be argued that any minutes on the pitch for him was experience, which is really the only thing he is lacking. With experience, he will learn when to release the ball, when to hold on to it, when to make the right decision. In order to learn these things, he needs to be given the opportunity on the pitch.

The impatience with youth among fans is staggering.

Edited by Matt

hell no. ramsey is so hit and miss and his injury record is terrible. cazorla is good, but not in the pirlo, xavi, rakitic, modric, silva category.

so you would not swap Ross for cazorla and ramsey is hit and miss incredible.

there's loyalty and there is stubbornness

I wouldn't.

I'll give you an example of how your opinion of Ross is premature. JORDAN HENDERSON - no where near as talented as Barkley, Barkley has him beat in every department bar workrate and tackling.

However Henderson is twice the player he was 2 years ago, all because of application - mentally he improved. If the same thing happens to Ross then you are looking at a very good player indeed.

Every department apart from tackling and work rate that says it all

because hes not got a killer ball he never gets his head up

he can dribble and he can score great goals but that's not enough without the will to win and dominate opponents age is irrelevant Rooney had it at sixteen.

and for anyone who says he has a killer ball please give me an example.

Exactly, you've defeated your own argument.

All anyone has ever referred to is potential (hence the speculation of caps and big transfer fee). I'll use a similar argument I've had to use before; He's only 21! It was only his second full season, playing in an awful team and completely mismanaged by Martinez. That said, it could be argued that any minutes on the pitch for him was experience, which is really the only thing he is lacking. With experience, he will learn when to release the ball, when to hold on to it, when to make the right decision. In order to learn these things, he needs to be given the opportunity on the pitch.

The impatience with youth among fans is staggering.

If you had said on here this kid could be a decent player in a few years no problem everyone would have agreed

but the drivel about 100 caps and 35-50mil was utter nonsense.

I think ive proved my own argument by the response ive had.

having first gone to watch EFC in 1960 I think my judgement is based on experience not impatience.

so you would not swap Ross for cazorla and ramsey is hit and miss incredible.

there's loyalty and there is stubbornness

i'm not a ramsey fan. cazorla is the better of the 2 in my opinion, but he's 30, and will be past it soon, so no there. ramsey is 24 but i prefer ross with the ball at his feet. in 2 years ross will be better than ramsey is at this point (comparing at the same age), so no.

call me stubborn, id prefer you call me intelligent.

you pick players to hate and have this fierce argumentative streak about you, Howard, Robles, Barkley, just give it a rest. I support the club not specific players.

i'm not a ramsey fan. cazorla is the better of the 2 in my opinion, but he's 30, and will be past it soon, so no there. ramsey is 24 but i prefer ross with the ball at his feet. in 2 years ross will be better than ramsey is at this point (comparing at the same age), so no.

call me stubborn, id prefer you call me intelligent.

you pick players to hate and have this fierce argumentative streak about you, Howard, Robles, Barkley, just give it a rest. I support the club not specific players.

The one thing you got right is my dislike of Howard and ive been proved right all season

ive never said anything derogatory about Robles and I like Barkley

I just don't like all the bullshit surrounding Barkley.

but you obviously don't like other people having opinion's if they don't agree with you

I'll go out on a limb here and say Barkley will never be anything other than a good prem player. He'll never be world class as long ad he has a hole in his arse and he wont even get to excellent status.

He'll improve, he'll get better but he is nowhere near and never will be world class.

Zero assists last year a couple this with the odd goal albeit great goals is not the sign of a world class potential player. At 21 he should be putting in the odd match winning performance, Lukaku get slaughtered for his frailties but he puts in match winning performances, it's there already with him and as he grows as a player he will put those performances in more frequent I just don't see Barkley doing it.

For an attacking mid (granted he's been pushed out wide this season but still an attacking player) his goal return and assists are woeful. I posted a Barkley vs Sterling thread a while back, I've repeated it once since I'll say it again. Sterling pisses all over him in turns of goals, assists and contribution to the team and he's younger.

Cue the "but Ross missed key development cries"

What do Januzaj, Sterling, Zaha, and Barkley all have in common? They star in a couple of games and the press suddenly believe they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. The reality is, however, that they are all young kids with potential. They all need to learn and to grow and to make mistakes and to prove their abilities, regardless of what the latest lazy pundit says. Some are pointing to Barkley being played out of position this season. I would say it's part of the learning process. I agree with the point made earlier about Henderson: These youngsters, if they truly do have potential, come good after their apprenticeship years. That's where Barkley is right now. I would expect to see him make a bigger impact next season and a considerably bigger impact after that. IMO, it would be foolish to sell such potential - especially when we're looking to build a younger team that can play together for the best part of a decade.

If you had said on here this kid could be a decent player in a few years no problem everyone would have agreed

but the drivel about 100 caps and 35-50mil was utter nonsense.

I think ive proved my own argument by the response ive had.

having first gone to watch EFC in 1960 I think my judgement is based on experience not impatience.

Lucky man, having seen the greats. But rest assured, my generation of Walker, Smith and Moyes has had some experience too. You seem to be missing the key words, being experience and potential. Both are realized by game time. I've got a lot of time and patience for youth, don't think that could be argued by anyone. But talk about impatience, you're willing to dismiss a kids potential because of a poor season in a poor team.

What do Januzaj, Sterling, Zaha, and Barkley all have in common? They star in a couple of games and the press suddenly believe they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. The reality is, however, that they are all young kids with potential. They all need to learn and to grow and to make mistakes and to prove their abilities, regardless of what the latest lazy pundit says. Some are pointing to Barkley being played out of position this season. I would say it's part of the learning process. I agree with the point made earlier about Henderson: These youngsters, if they truly do have potential, come good after their apprenticeship years. That's where Barkley is right now. I would expect to see him make a bigger impact next season and a considerably bigger impact after that. IMO, it would be foolish to sell such potential - especially when we're looking to build a younger team that can play together for the best part of a decade.

:worship[1]: