IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

FWIW, I'd say that McCarthy is worth about £25m on the open market, maybe a little more. To Everton, though, given the role he plays, he's worth considerably more than that. At £13m, he was a steal.

I'd go along with that; and he certainly has the potential to be £30m+, particularly if you factor in the current rate of inflation in the market.

Somebody mentioned Mike Walker in the match day thread today and I think that is exactly who Martinez reminds me of at the moment

Im not quite at the point whereby Im calling for his head just yet but he needs to formulate a plan B pretty swiftish because plan A is well and truly fucked

How long can we keep saying this for though? The season needs to be saved somewhere and I don't fancy him to keep us up with 10 games to go. We need to act fast.

Moyes would have been my first choice but that's gone! unless we want to pay £5-6m in compensation. I actually can't think of a manager who'd sort this mess out other than him!

We need Jags to stand up and be counted! He's one of the main lads in that dressing room. I'm still very weiry of Eto'o s influence on the squad. He is a massive name and maybe he's shaken the dressing room a bit. Certainly noticed him, Lukaku and Mirallas in a clique..... That's just 3 egos right there.

Edited by MC11

After shit loads of thoughts going through my head tonight I genuinely hope Roberto can turn this round. This negative atmosphere isn't going to help him or the players. So come Saturday the 10th I hope the whole of Goodison gets behind him and the team.

I genuinely like Martinez as a man. He seems a real genuine guy, he's had us playing good stuff. We just need to find the formula to start winning and picking points up again. Changing players positions isn't going to help the matter. We need to go back to basics and that's playing people in their desired positions if that means leaving Barkley or Naismith out so be it.

We need Mcgeady to step up or Pienaar to come back in and show some form!

This exactly.

After shit loads of thoughts going through my head tonight I genuinely hope Roberto can turn this round. This negative atmosphere isn't going to help him or the players. So come Saturday the 10th I hope the whole of Goodison gets behind him and the team.

I genuinely like Martinez as a man. He seems a real genuine guy, he's had us playing good stuff. We just need to find the formula to start winning and picking points up again. Changing players positions isn't going to help the matter. We need to go back to basics and that's playing people in their desired positions if that means leaving Barkley or Naismith out so be it.

Agreed

We have twochoices. We sack him or we back him

We need some new faces in this month so the board either gets their hands in their pockets and backs hm to keep us up and we just write this season off as second season syndrome and start again with a clean slate. Or we sack him and try a different approach.

I hope the former tbh. I know I bleat on about him but I so badly want him to succeed I really do, I want to be wrong about him.

I'm not going to start banging on about seeing this coming etc I take no pleasure in it I like everyone else on here am hurting with the way things have gone lately and sometimes I say stuff in the heat of the battle where the passion rules my head that's why I decided not to post much after yesterday.

Massive point in our season coming here. We should back him to bring in a central defender and a winger and hope he keeps us up then we can put all this behind us and start again next season.

One other point, given our league form maybe it would be a good idea if we got knocked out the Europa.

Jags:-

“We lacked confidence going into it and then conceding twice, the second just before half time, sort of took the wind out of our sails."

That's an appalling quote when you look at it. Took the "wind out of our sails" - there was no wind Jags, just half paced, pass, pass and hope that Hull decide not to sit back and soak it up in their half and then get it up to our half and press us.

No fight, no passion, no pace... just a bunch of overpaid ego's who look like rabbits in headlights.

I expect far more from him to be honest.

One solution:- I would try and gets Stubbsy back in as an assistant manager and take the team for defensive coaching. I know he's up in scotland and things are looking better for him but surely we could tempt him with a more developed role???

Best post I have read from you.