IGNORED

Has Martinez got it wrong?

Lowensda

The lad talks sense, simple as that. Interesting, well thought, and refreshing after reading that shite savage spewed out.

I see Savage at the top of a page and I hit the red box with the cross in it. He's everywhere on the BBC just now and it annoys the shit out of me, he's a tit.

The lad talks sense, simple as that. Interesting, well thought, and refreshing after reading that shite savage spewed out.

It's suits you because it's pro Martinez. Martinez will do well to last the season the way things are going.

An indication of where we are going will be tomorrow, a heavy defeat and the writing is clearly on the wall.

We drew at home against a West Ham side with the majority of their best players missing. The draw certainly wasn't a silver lining.

I'll say it again I can't see Martinez staying here long.

These same people 12 months ago were saying Moyes should have been more open and dynamic like Martinez yet here they are saying Martinez now needs to be pragmatic like Moyes. So where is the consistency?

Its not a matter of consistency, its wanting a manager to learn and adapt, because we're fucking tired of having an arrogant, stubborn manager who stick to his principles when everything is crumbling around him (results wise certainly)

Its not a matter of consistency, its wanting a manager to learn and adapt, because we're fucking tired of having an arrogant, stubborn manager who stick to his principles when everything is crumbling around him (results wise certainly)

It's seems the consistency lies somewhere in the middle. Adapting to every situation instead of sticking to his fruitless possession based football. I think we clarified that we aren't playing the same way as last season anyway. We aren't getting anywhere near as many balls into the box.

It's seems the consistency lies somewhere in the middle. Adapting to every situation instead of sticking to his fruitless possession based football. I think we clarified that we aren't playing the same way as last season anyway. We aren't getting anywhere near as many balls into the box.

Must be a full moon, because I completely agree :P

It's suits you because it's pro Martinez. Martinez will do well to last the season the way things are going.

An indication of where we are going will be tomorrow, a heavy defeat and the writing is clearly on the wall.

We drew at home against a West Ham side with the majority of their best players missing. The draw certainly wasn't a silver lining.

I'll say it again I can't see Martinez staying here long.

Whether it suits me or not I would subscribe to anything Carragher says over savage. Take the blue tinted shades and watch carragher on a Monday night with Gary Neville and its an education. They've taken analysis to the next level.

Savage? Yard dog player who still has a semi on cos Moyes wanted to sign him... Says it all. Robbie Savage in an Everton shirt???

He doesn't even research his stuff or make his own opinions. He uses BBC researchers. He's full of shit.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-boss-roberto-martinez-8416995

If he really believes that Hull away is the only time we have played without confidence then ha has definitely lost the plot

I take his interviews with a pinch of salt if I'm honest. I have done even when we do well or things are going well.

It's just not as irritating when we are winning.

Theres been a lot of bashing on Martinez interviews lately but surely you must understand that the interviews are one version of whats going on and whatever is said in the changing rooms etc is another version.

Managers who pick on one player in an interview do so for a reason, mainly to motivate that player. It only works on a certain type of player. An Ibra for example. Would probably not work on Messi. So to explain a bad spell that Messi is having they turn to other things, such as an small injury that is having an effect on his game.

Managers who talk about the good aspects of every game despite the fans seing none what so ever, obviously dont want the Messi types (mentality, not skills) to be effected in a negative way. The Ibra types can hack being told that they were sh1t. They try harder. The rest drop shoulders and confidence. Thats what Martinez wants to try to avoid.

Jagielka is looking very low on confidence at the moment and he needs to play his way out of it because there is no one to replace him.

Martinez has not got it wrong. There is a lot of circumstances brought together to create this nightmare that the club is in. RM is not without blame but there is so much more to it. It remains to see if Martinez is stong enough to handle this slump and turn it around. If he does he will be a much better manager for it.

You cant compare this to his Wigan times. Wigan were relegated because the players werent good enough.

Theres been a lot of bashing on Martinez interviews lately but surely you must understand that the interviews are one version of whats going on and whatever is said in the changing rooms etc is another version.

Managers who pick on one player in an interview do so for a reason, mainly to motivate that player. It only works on a certain type of player. An Ibra for example. Would probably not work on Messi. So to explain a bad spell that Messi is having they turn to other things, such as an small injury that is having an effect on his game.

Managers who talk about the good aspects of every game despite the fans seing none what so ever, obviously dont want the Messi types (mentality, not skills) to be effected in a negative way. The Ibra types can hack being told that they were sh1t. They try harder. The rest drop shoulders and confidence. Thats what Martinez wants to try to avoid.

Jagielka is looking very low on confidence at the moment and he needs to play his way out of it because there is no one to replace him.

Martinez has not got it wrong. There is a lot of circumstances brought together to create this nightmare that the club is in. RM is not without blame but there is so much more to it. It remains to see if Martinez is stong enough to handle this slump and turn it around. If he does he will be a much better manager for it.

You cant compare this to his Wigan times. Wigan were relegated because the players werent good enough.

Excellent post.

Has Martinez now got it right?

I can never believe that bobby has ever told his players to refrain from showing any passion and to not make any meaty challenges. this being evident today, I can only blame the players...

Whilst I'm talking about passion, that was the most half hearted body language I have ever seen from a player in Mirallas. I wouldn't be surprised if his agent has already set up a move away.

Have to say I'm one of his biggest critics (in case anyone had missed that :P ) but in his defence he has showed a willingness to deviate from his beliefs and changed his way of wanting to play. This pleases me no end and fills me with a lot of hope that he has it in him to turn this around.

I'm by nio means convinced by him yet but I'm hopeful and impressed with the turn around last two games. For me he has from now until May to show he has it in him to manage this club successfully. If he drags us out of this slump and finishes the season strongly I'll be happy to give him another season.

Time will tell.

I think Mirallas was actually getting his training stuff off before City scored tbh.

No he wasn't. He was called straight back in once they scored.

He was warming up for a good 20minutes up and down the line. Gwladys street must hav sung "oh Kevin Mirallas" 3 times. Basically saying hurry the fuck up and get him on.

And how isn't any of that playing for a draw?

Playing for a draw and accepting that we had the right balance between attack and defence after 4 straight defeats are two different things.

As Romey said Mirallas was getting ready so what's the problem apart from the fact that mirallas wasn't on the pitch and mcgeady was?

Playing for a draw and accepting that we had the right balance between attack and defence after 4 straight defeats are two different things.

As Romey said Mirallas was getting ready so what's the problem apart from the fact that mirallas wasn't on the pitch and mcgeady was?

Mirallas was not getting ready before they scored. That's the point

Exactly. People used to slag Moyes of for playing for draws. This stunk of it!

Moyes playing for a draw meant parking the bus and bringing on Heitinga for our lone striker with half an hour to go.

There's zero comparison between that and the way we were playing yesterday.