IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

How's he not helping? He missed a penalty. He got the player of the month award a week ago.

Take off your belgian chocolate coated glasses and understand what he did last night.

We were playing a team who were putting 10 men behind the ball, Lukaku wasn't doing well as there was no space to run into as they were very deep - and he can't win balls in the air or control it well. In short we needed a break.

What part of what he did last night do you not see as being harmful to the team. It was clear to everyone bar Mirallas that Baines takes our penalties. In doing what he did - even if Baines managed to get the ball he was putting undue pressure on the situation, completely and untterly unforgivable.

He knew what he had done - the cocky sod didn't expect to miss till he took a short and rushed run up (the trademark of any penalty taker who has bottled it). He never had the courage to face his team mates at half time.

Imagine if McGeady had done what Mirallas did last night - you would be beside yourself with rage. As would we all, but the thing is your little mate Mirallas can do no wrong.

Its all about glory for him. Great runs and not passing, going for a spectacular lob when 1-0 up instead of getting a shot away, not tracking back. Yeah all these things that get forgotten when he scores a free kick or whatever.

He can go, he's a good talent but no where near as good as he thinks.

Take off your belgian chocolate coated glasses and understand what he did last night.

We were playing a team who were putting 10 men behind the ball, Lukaku wasn't doing well as there was no space to run into as they were very deep - and he can't win balls in the air or control it well. In short we needed a break.

What part of what he did last night do you not see as being harmful to the team. It was clear to everyone bar Mirallas that Baines takes our penalties. In doing what he did - even if Baines managed to get the ball he was putting undue pressure on the situation, completely and untterly unforgivable.

He knew what he had done - the cocky sod didn't expect to miss till he took a short and rushed run up (the trademark of any penalty taker who has bottled it). He never had the courage to face his team mates at half time.

Imagine if McGeady had done what Mirallas did last night - you would be beside yourself with rage. As would we all, but the thing is your little mate Mirallas can do no wrong.

Its all about glory for him. Great runs and not passing, going for a spectacular lob when 1-0 up instead of getting a shot away, not tracking back. Yeah all these things that get forgotten when he scores a free kick or whatever.

He can go, he's a good talent but no where near as good as he thinks.

I totally agree - well said

Take off your belgian chocolate coated glasses and understand what he did last night. We were playing a team who were putting 10 men behind the ball, Lukaku wasn't doing well as there was no space to run into as they were very deep - and he can't win balls in the air or control it well. In short we needed a break. What part of what he did last night do you not see as being harmful to the team. It was clear to everyone bar Mirallas that Baines takes our penalties. In doing what he did - even if Baines managed to get the ball he was putting undue pressure on the situation, completely and untterly unforgivable. He knew what he had done - the cocky sod didn't expect to miss till he took a short and rushed run up (the trademark of any penalty taker who has bottled it). He never had the courage to face his team mates at half time. Imagine if McGeady had done what Mirallas did last night - you would be beside yourself with rage. As would we all, but the thing is your little mate Mirallas can do no wrong. Its all about glory for him. Great runs and not passing, going for a spectacular lob when 1-0 up instead of getting a shot away, not tracking back. Yeah all these things that get forgotten when he scores a free kick or whatever. He can go, he's a good talent but no where near as good as he thinks.

This is a complete overreaction. He's not the first to do it and won't be the last. It's masked another shit performance.

This is a complete overreaction. He's not the first to do it and won't be the last. It's masked another shit performance.

Its only an over reaction to you because you love him.

It was a deliberate act of insubordination - pure and simple. He ignored his team mates who clearly told him to give the ball to Baines, at a time when we need togetherness he threw his toys out the pram, grabbing the ball likes a little child.

The reaction from Carragher and Neville said it all. The reaction from Martinez, Naismith. The fact that he didn't go in the changing room. He's a coward. He needs to come out and apologise to Baines and the fans for that.

He isn't the first no you are right. Other egotistical fools have done the same. Drogba tried to wrestle the ball off Lampard thinking about the golden boot and not the league title. Rightly so, Drogba got absolutely roasted for it, Lampard stayed strong and netted the penalty despite the ridiculous pressure Drogba put on him.

He does need to come out and apologise. It's making news over here in Australia (something that doesn't happen unless it's regarding Man U/Chelsea/City/Liverpool), he's embarrassed himself and the club on an international level, and bottled a must-win clash against West Brom at home, the kind of games we expected to win comfortably last season.

BUT I feel like people are taking their frustrations out today on Kev purely because he's the easiest target. The side was frustrated all game despite having the lion's share of possession cause that prick Pulis was so damn focussed on parking the bus he even had their striker man-marking our fullback. Naturally that frustration is felt by the fans, and Kev actions are blown up because of it.

If we never got that penalty the usual cries of Barry's to old/slow/lazy and Martinez making dumb substitutions would be rife again. Likewise, if Kev hits the mark we'd be questioning why he didn't give it to Baines but his ego problems would seemingly be forgotten. I saw an Everton side with so much damn possession we should have netted 3 or 4 goals, yet we didn't even force a proper save out of their keeper. If we were up 2-0 at the time I don't think people would be calling for him to be sold immediately.

It was a dumb, selfish moment that has been inflated ten-fold because the game finished as a draw.

He does need to come out and apologise. It's making news over here in Australia (something that doesn't happen unless it's regarding Man U/Chelsea/City/Liverpool), he's embarrassed himself and the club on an international level, and bottled a must-win clash against West Brom at home, the kind of games we expected to win comfortably last season.

BUT I feel like people are taking their frustrations out today on Kev purely because he's the easiest target. The side was frustrated all game despite having the lion's share of possession cause that prick Pulis was so damn focussed on parking the bus he even had their striker man-marking our fullback. Naturally that frustration is felt by the fans, and Kev actions are blown up because of it.

If we never got that penalty the usual cries of Barry's to old/slow/lazy and Martinez making dumb substitutions would be rife again. Likewise, if Kev hits the mark we'd be questioning why he didn't give it to Baines but his ego problems would seemingly be forgotten. I saw an Everton side with so much damn possession we should have netted 3 or 4 goals, yet we didn't even force a proper save out of their keeper. If we were up 2-0 at the time I don't think people would be calling for him to be sold immediately.

It was a dumb, selfish moment that has been inflated ten-fold because the game finished as a draw.

But unfortunately at the time we got the penalty it was as clear as day what Pulis was here to do. Sides like Chelsea and Man City will struggle against a team set up like that.

The penalty was an absolutely amazing opportunity to get the 3 points that really were looking unlikely even at that stage. If we were 2-0 up or something - then I wouldn't have minded as much - but you still don't do it.

Its only an over reaction to you because you love him.

It was a deliberate act of insubordination - pure and simple. He ignored his team mates who clearly told him to give the ball to Baines, at a time when we need togetherness he threw his toys out the pram, grabbing the ball likes a little child.

The reaction from Carragher and Neville said it all. The reaction from Martinez, Naismith.

Even Lukaku was telling him to go give it Baines, and he's his best friend.

I'm not going to call for him to be sold because of it, we still need him, but I do hope he apologises and I would like it if he was fined and then we just move on.

Stupid desicion. Simple as that.

Does he deserve criticism? Of course he does.

Does he deserve to he ridiculed? No.

Last week he was lucky to have a great fifteen minutes of football. Until his freekick he was anonymous. But that's what he can do in a split second.

We can't afford to let him go at the moment.

Stupid desicion. Simple as that.

Does he deserve criticism? Of course he does.

Does he deserve to he ridiculed? No.

Last week he was lucky to have a great fifteen minutes of football. Until his freekick he was anonymous. But that's what he can do in a split second.

We can't afford to let him go at the moment.

No one is ridiculing him. If there was any ridiculing done it was by him.

This is where managers have created their platforms to own the team. If Martinez stands strong he will get the respect of the players. Remember - no one is bigger than the club.

If he did that playing for Clough, SAF, Shankley, Stein, Mourinho you would never see him wear the shirt again.

I'm not disagreeing Haf, I just feel that we don't Know his motives and need to give him a chance to prove his commitment......the rest is up to him and on his back.

I can see you are being diplomatic but in all honesty the motives can't have been anything other than self serving.

If Baines wasn't on the pitch then fair enough, but Baines being on the pitch means he hands the ball over to him.

Yes he should have. Totally agree.

My only questions are:

Was it out his wanting to put himself in the shop window?

Was it him wanting to help the team and thinking he was going to put it away?

I would love to know. Not that any answer is an excuse.

He's not going to say it's the first one is he? So you have to assume that he'll say that it was the second one.

So you have to decide for yourself what his motive was; and if his action is forgivable. For me an acknowledgment that he did wrong and an apology is the minimum starting point on the road back for him, if he wants one or is offered one.

Another thought; think of the added pressure on Baines next time we get a pen, and his mind says, "If I miss this then maybe Kev was right not to trust me."

He should never of taken the pen the absolute dickhead.

Reading peoples views on here has made me change my mind a bit tbh. Last night I was thinking he was being a selfish twat looking for a move, today looking at other peoples views maybe he was just stepping up to the plate but the prick should realise that we have one of the best pen takers around so he didn't need to step up right then, we need him to step up in the next 4 BIG games and pull us out the shit.

I'm torn ifI'm honest. Resding this has changed my mind a bit.

Still fuming with him though and he needs to apologise.

He definitely needs to apologize, or the situation needs to be explained in greater detail. I'm not one to say that he should be leaving because of it. He obviously felt confident enough to take it, and right now we need some confidence in this team. Unfortunately, he chose the wrong time to step up in this game.

Of course if he would have made it this would be a different story. But he didn't, and now his confidence is probably going to suffer as well, which is good for no one.

A similar situation occurred when Dempsey chose to take a penalty and missed for the USA when Donovan was always the designated penalty taker. The difference is, it was obvious that Klinnsman had chosen Dempsey for penalties and we were already up 2-0. Dempsey got some flak, but it didn't cost us the game, and people were more pissed at the miss than his character obviously. Maybe it's a lot different actually. :leggit:

Either way, I hope we keep Mirallas, but I hope he learns a great deal from this. He should listen to the team next time.

Edited by TonkaRoost

I rate Kev on his day as many do very highly but I can only agree with Haf's summary of it all

Its to coincidental for me with his antics last night and the reported contract snub/delay and other clubs apparently sniffing around

He can change a game but is far to inconsistent and misses to many games for me to be overly concerned if he left if we can get around £12/15m for him at 27 with his injury record it would be good business

Use half for a replacement (Bolasie would be a good option for me personally) and bring back Gerrard on loan with an option to buy if possible and the rest could be used elsewhere

Even Lukaku was telling him to go give it Baines, and he's his best friend.

I'm not going to call for him to be sold because of it, we still need him, but I do hope he apologises and I would like it if he was fined and then we just move on.

Fat fingers again, ment to give you a green because I fully agree with you. Unless he wants to leave because in that case this is the last chance we have to get our money back.

Yes he should have. Totally agree.

My only questions are:

Was it out his wanting to put himself in the shop window?

Was it him wanting to help the team and thinking he was going to put it away?

I would love to know. Not that any answer is an excuse.

The thing is though, Shukes, to best way to help the team was for our best penalty taker to have it, which is Baines.

You serious??? Wrong game for him but ffs his control was back to shocking.

Yes, I couldn't be arsed reading after that, you may well have gone on to make some very salient points, I guess I will never know, but I suspect it was just case of you jumping at the chance to have another pop at him

West Brom came with a plan and did a job on us last night, we could have had Ronaldo and Messi upfront but we would still not have scored because we didn't create a single chance all game. We simply were not good enough to break them down and if Lukaku had have had the touch of Tricky Trevor it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference

I would do it in a heartbeat honestly. Mainly because of Dembele.

*Only cause of Dembele.

Whats Deulofeu going for these days? I saw a cut price figure not long ago when there was a bit of speculation that barca didnt want him. Not sure if I read it on here or in an article but if we could get 12-15 for Kev could we bring Gerry back for good? That would be a great replacement for mine.