IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Home)

markjazzbassist

Thought Barkley was utterly anonymous until Besic came off. When Barkley sat deeper he did much better with the ball, but it's so painfully obvious that he's lost all his confidence right now. Don't know why and glad I'm not charged with sorting it out, but it's desperate.

Naismith can't be the one trying to thread the through ball, he needs to be the one getting on the end of it. Oviedo looked decent and covered back very well, but he doesn't really link up with Baines effectively. Impossible to really judge the defense, they sorted out a few sketchy moments, but were never put under any real pressure.

Lukaku did what he could and looked more up for it than most. Besic is class, but we really didn't need to holding players today. We should have known from the first whistle what they would try to do and we should have changed our approach.

Will be interesting to hear what the club and Mirallas have to say in the next couple days, it's a potential self destruct moment.

Then it opens up to our favour too.

And what have you seen from our side that gives you confidence that we can do just that. The loads of possession that we have had over and over again all season without anything to show for it? The great wins against such massive clubs like QPR and Burnley? I don't want to sound too extreme here, but I don't have any confidence in the club right now and won't until we start winning again. Draws against other relegation teams and losses to teams like Hull aren't going to keep us up

And what have you seen from our side that gives you confidence that we can do just that. The loads of possession that we have had over and over again all season without anything to show for it? The great wins against such massive clubs like QPR and Burnley? I don't want to sound too extreme here, but I don't have any confidence in the club right now and won't until we start winning again. Draws against other relegation teams and losses to teams like Hull aren't going to keep us up

I've seen plenty thanks. And that'll do me.

Guest Red John

Bye Red John. Enjoy your benefit cola buddy. You must have such an interesting life, you're on other forums?

damn dude, it`s not even sesason 5 and you already have said bye :/

•  

Player reaction

Everton 0-0 West Brom

Posted at

22:09

Everton's Steven Naismith, speaking to Sky Sports about the penalty: "We have won the pen and the ball has fell to Kev, Kev is so confident, he showed in the FA Cup game against West Ham that he very confident then and he slotted his penalty away. He is in form and he is playing well so he wanted to step up and take it. Unfortunately he has missed but we should have had enough in the 90 minutes (to win) rather than relying on the penalty.

Asked if Baines is the penalty taker, Naismith adds: "No, Baines had a very good record and then he missed at Man Utd earlier this season, which was disappointing for him. We have got some fantastic players and Kev's dead-ball play is fantastic. Like I said, he was obviously confident from how he played West Ham, and how he started this game. So he fancied it and stepped up to take it, he has got to show he is man enough to take it, and he did so."

He took Mirallas off?

Eto'o according to some is a problem...He has got rid of him.

According to some, Dustin stepped out of line...He got dropped.

Where's the weakness?!!!

I agree.

Mirallas just didn't go into the Dressing Room at HT apparently. What else is he meant to do. Keep a player on who's gone AWOL?

I still don't understand how and why you are so confident but fair enough. Hope for the club's sake that you are right and there isn't a scenario where it's March 2nd and we have only picked up 2 points against Crystal and Leicester and lost to the other big teams.

It's not just confidence. It's a belief that the worst is behind us and we will go on a very good run. It is coming. It's a belief that I have had for a bit that this team can't play so shit all season.

I know people will disagree with me. 2 points in this...no wins in that...but I believe in what is coming.

If I'm wrong, well, fool me. If I'm right...fool s lot more than me.

I can see y'alls side of the argument but I have to strongly disagree with the bolded part. We have one win in our last 13 in all competitions. We have had 2 points in our last 6 league games. There have been rumours of Eto'o having a conflict with the locker room and now he is on his way out. And now Mirallas did this shite, saying that he's above the club. To say it's utter nonsense and shite is completely bs

Your going of pure speculation regarding Eto'o it could be true or it could be fickle fans putting two and two together either way I very much doubt our dressing room would be lost by a player who's just come in with a reputation of having past incidents

Putting the Eto'o "theory" aside the only player that seems to think he's above the club at present is Kev do you seriously consider one players arrogance constitutes a lost dressing room!!?

It's not just confidence. It's a belief that the worst is behind us and we will go on a very good run. It is coming. It's a belief that I have had for a bit that this team can't play so shit all season.

I know people will disagree with me. 2 points in this...no wins in that...but I believe in what is coming.

If I'm wrong, well, fool me. If I'm right...fool s lot more than me.

Wish I held the same belief mate. My heart's sinking a bit because our league form has just been so shite. I was really hoping we had turned the corner after drawing against City and that performance against West Ham but I was still waiting out on us picking up a win and I really hoped this would be it. Just one goal would have made me feel relief that yes we can win some games and pick up points and get out of the bottom 6 or 7 spots in the league. Still waiting...