IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Home)

markjazzbassist

Apparently we had 17 attempts. It's just they all hit someone because of the wall in front.

Barkley wasn't as bad as people are making out. The crowd did their best to destroy his performance. When Rom missed that shot that Barkley had a hand in the crowd went silent.... Maybe because they had nothing they could say about him.

Stones and Besic were bright sparks. Both played really well.

Robles was freezing.

Tottenham struggled to break down a league 1 side last night and only got through with a soft penalty... Similar to our game. As for Mirallas, he stepped up first against west ham in the shoot out, and I want to believe he is acting like the senior player and trying to drag us out of the shit. It looks bad because he missed, it happens.

Tottenham struggled to break down a league 1 side last night and only got through with a soft penalty... Similar to our game. As for Mirallas, he stepped up first against west ham in the shoot out, and I want to believe he is acting like the senior player and trying to drag us out of the shit. It looks bad because he missed, it happens.

That is irrelevant. Baines took 4th which is statistically the most missed penalty and is often now where you see the best penalty takers go. The reason being it is often that someone will have missed one by 4th and that is a "score to stay in" penalty. There is least pressure on first. Some teams go for a good taker to get the morale up but 4th is the toughest.

Either way, what he did and how he did it was wrong for whatever reason he thought was acceptable at the time.

I think all this talk of penalties and who is in form and who was crap is irrelevant apart from 2 games we have been crap

since august, its now nearly February and nothing has changed, off the pitch no plan b, no leadership if he was at

any other club he would be close to the door, bill does not act very quickly but I think 5 months of under achievement

needs some action from above, also this talk after every match we were unlucky or a bad call from the ref has got to stop

and someone has to tell it as it is. other managers criticise players rogers dropped his keeper steve bruce criticised his

c/b and keeper last week, we just say everything is ok, not good enough, The mirrallas thing worry's me not because of

the outcome but it shows the ship is rudder less. we are 3 points ahead of the bottom 3 and only 3 months left of the season

even if we go on a good run and finish 8th its still a poor season he has turned a top 6 side into a bottom half of the table side.

why haven't we bought a keeper or cb or winger we have heard today just how much sky pay us, also if funds are low

sell one of the under performers and do something positive stop letting everything just slide.

I think all this talk of penalties and who is in form and who was crap is irrelevant apart from 2 games we have been crap

since august, its now nearly February and nothing has changed, off the pitch no plan b, no leadership if he was at

any other club he would be close to the door, bill does not act very quickly but I think 5 months of under achievement

needs some action from above, also this talk after every match we were unlucky or a bad call from the ref has got to stop

and someone has to tell it as it is. other managers criticise players rogers dropped his keeper steve bruce criticised his

c/b and keeper last week, we just say everything is ok, not good enough, The mirrallas thing worry's me not because of

the outcome but it shows the ship is rudder less. we are 3 points ahead of the bottom 3 and only 3 months left of the season

even if we go on a good run and finish 8th its still a poor season he has turned a top 6 side into a bottom half of the table side.

why haven't we bought a keeper or cb or winger we have heard today just how much sky pay us, also if funds are low

sell one of the under performers and do something positive stop letting everything just slide.

I know your stance from past posts, and I know we'll disagree. So just a few things...

1) what other club where he his only half way through his 2nd full season, having finished 5th in his first, would he be shown the door? You say any club???

2) 5 months of underachievement? So if we were sat in, say 5th, what would we have achieved? What other clubs have achieved anything just now? Surely the only time to say if we have underachieved is at the seasons end?

3) Dropping players...I thought Martinez dropped Distin? Didn't he also drop Lukaku for a few games? Did he not also sub Mirallas at half time the other day?

4) 4 points ahead of bottom 3 with 4 months left of the season (petty of me I know, but when shooting someone down you have to have the facts pin point accurate or you look a bit daft)

5) If we go on a good run and finish 8th, he hasn't turned a top 6 side into a bottom half team. 8th is in the top half. Also, I've heard this top 6 stuff a few times. In the last 5 years we have finished top 6 twice. Once under Martinez. Before that it was 2 years of 7th and one of 8th. Before that it was a few years of 6th/5th...did you call for Moyes head when we slipped out of the top 6? Did you call for his head when we finished 17th and 11th under him?

6) I doubt we'd get much for an under performer. So finding a better replacement with the same money seems a bit unrealistic.

I do agree with the bits about needing a winger and the need not to make excuses about ref's etc, but other than that, reading what you put makes me think you've had a tipple or two?!!!

I know your stance from past posts, and I know we'll disagree. So just a few things...

1) what other club where he his only half way through his 2nd full season, having finished 5th in his first, would he be shown the door? You say any club???

2) 5 months of underachievement? So if we were sat in, say 5th, what would we have achieved? What other clubs have achieved anything just now? Surely the only time to say if we have underachieved is at the seasons end?

3) Dropping players...I thought Martinez dropped Distin? Didn't he also drop Lukaku for a few games? Did he not also sub Mirallas at half time the other day?

4) 4 points ahead of bottom 3 with 4 months left of the season (petty of me I know, but when shooting someone down you have to have the facts pin point accurate or you look a bit daft)

5) If we go on a good run and finish 8th, he hasn't turned a top 6 side into a bottom half team. 8th is in the top half. Also, I've heard this top 6 stuff a few times. In the last 5 years we have finished top 6 twice. Once under Martinez. Before that it was 2 years of 7th and one of 8th. Before that it was a few years of 6th/5th...did you call for Moyes head when we slipped out of the top 6? Did you call for his head when we finished 17th and 11th under him?

6) I doubt we'd get much for an under performer. So finding a better replacement with the same money seems a bit unrealistic.

I do agree with the bits about needing a winger and the need not to make excuses about ref's etc, but other than that, reading what you put makes me think you've had a tipple or two?!!!

if we sat in fifth we have achieved our potential thus far

3 or 4 points above relegation that makes all the difference?

if we go on a run and finish eighth that is under achievement he spent 32 million

distin had a personal problem that he brought to work apparently

lukaku has had an injured foot so has been rested

the poor performers like howard, barry jags have not been touched

we were supposed to kick on from last year not collapse

it was time for a change as regards moyes but he built from scratch

RM inherited a good team and a lot of money to spend more than any EFC manager in 30 years or more

im not calling for his head but he needs to change things and I don't think he is tough enough

and he needs to come out and say this is not good enough.

one thing he did inherit was a team that could defend at the moment we have got wigans defence.

if we go on a run and finish eighth that is under achievement he spent 32 million

RM inherited a good team and a lot of money to spend more than any EFC manager in 30 years or more

im not calling for his head but he needs to change things and I don't think he is tough enough

one thing he did inherit was a team that could defend at the moment we have got wigans defence.

I find it difficult to follow your posts but I think I get the just of what you are saying.

Moyes inherited the team that he himself built at the start of each season - it didn't stop him looking stale. Martinez took it to a new level and this year we are seeing second season syndrome.

He was the best thing to happen to the club from last summer up till this september and now all the "I told you he is rubbish" merchants are out. In short he's been good for a lot longer than he's been bad.

I find it difficult to follow your posts but I think I get the just of what you are saying.

Moyes inherited the team that he himself built at the start of each season - it didn't stop him looking stale. Martinez took it to a new level and this year we are seeing second season syndrome.

He was the best thing to happen to the club from last summer up till this september and now all the "I told you he is rubbish" merchants are out. In short he's been good for a lot longer than he's been bad.

I think the concern is how bad its been.

Its like that nursery rhyme; When Roberto's good, he is very, very good but when he is bad, its fucking awful and dangerous.

I genuinely hope you are right I don't want the upheaval of new manager etc I just want RM to toughen up and stop being so predictable

the rest of the league have worked us out.

I genuinely hope you are right I don't want the upheaval of new manager etc I just want RM to toughen up and stop being so predictable

the rest of the league have worked us out.

I can agree with this.

I love Roberto and think he's the right man for the job, but he definitely needs to toughen up. At least he's shown some flexibility in the recent games.

Guest rusty747

We need a strong finish to the season now. Stones is back up to speed, Robles is proving capable, McCarthy must be fit again soon, Eto'o we can live without, Mcaleny needs to grab his chance, as do Browning and possibly the other 2or 3 youngstets in Qatar at the moment.

But most of all we need leadership and direction - off the pitch from Bobby and on it from Jags. I like Jags as a player but he has imho been found wanting as a Captain recently. Not just the Mirallas pen incident but other times when he needed to be geeing up and encouraging the team he has just been another player.

If Mirallas is so good and so confident why not offer him the Captaincy? Personally, I would give it to Nais.

I get you.

Not quite the Wigan defence bit....yet!!!

Martinez is not the right man.

Then who is? Look at the options available if we fire him. There's a reason the managers are out of work, they aren't good at it. He's better than some guy who's moonlighting as a pundit currently because he can't get a contract. A lot better.

Plus he has a 5 year deal. It's not going to happen man.

I think the concern is how bad its been.

Its like that nursery rhyme; When Roberto's good, he is very, very good but when he is bad, its fucking awful and dangerous.

Too true, even the improvement in the last couple of games ( minus the WBA game) hasn't been anything like us at our best last season.

What's changed, well he (Martinez) did have a stronger squad last season, ie less injuries, he probably didn't get pre-season right and we had a crazy couple of games against Liecester and Arsenal where confidence took an early knock.Thing is though, the team/squad from last season should have been able to ride those blows and at least been able to give a better account of themselves than they have.At times our football has been terrible, that's what hurts the most.

Bill will stand by him I think we all know that.Martinez would have to have major problems with the players/squad before his job comes under threat.

I miss the little bit's of magic from Osman and Pienaar.Without Pienaar Baines is only 2/3 the player he was.

Another worry is Barkley, he's taken some terrible stick from fans, the lads between a rock and a hard place, where the hell is the manager and coaching staff to help him, you have to wonder if it isn't us, letting him down!

Have we got coaches at Everton capable of getting the best from him.

We've got a brilliant young spine, Stones, McCarthy, Barkley, Lukaku all just into their 20's, potentially the best two full backs in the Prem, assorted other better than average players, why the awfull football.