IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Home)

markjazzbassist

Terrible game !

The problem with Mirallas, is going to test Martinez, we've lost the two players capable of splitting defences, Osman and Pienaar, now Mirallas looks like a walking time bomb.

Boring football once again served up.We deserve more.The captain of England in centre defence, one of the games brightest prospects next to him.Two full backs apparently worth £20million each, Englands best young talent since Rooney (Ross), and assorted other bloody good players, Lukaku, Naismith, Besic, Mirallas......where's it all gone wrong !

Mr Martinez, don't take my beloved Everton down.

I can't even say we are too good to go down, becuse going by Mondays showing..........we aren't.

Terrible game !

The problem with Mirallas, is going to test Martinez, we've lost the two players capable of splitting defences, Osman and Pienaar, now Mirallas looks like a walking time bomb.

Boring football once again served up.We deserve more.The captain of England in centre defence, one of the games brightest prospects next to him.Two full backs apparently worth £20million each, Englands best young talent since Rooney (Ross), and assorted other bloody good players, Lukaku, Naismith, Besic, Mirallas......where's it all gone wrong !

Mr Martinez, don't take my beloved Everton down.

I can't even say we are too good to go down, becuse going by Mondays showing..........we aren't.

I disagree with Barkley being the best English talent since Rooney - have you watched a match with Harry Kane recently? Ross is a joke compared to that lad. I don't buy the hype surrounding that kid - actions speak louder than words.

The entire team just looks so poor - I can't even believe it. They are becoming a parody of the 13-14 Everton FC.

I am at a total loss. Palace, Liverpool, and then Chelsea. I can't even imagine them mustering up 3 points combined from what they have displayed.

I disagree with Barkley being the best English talent since Rooney - have you watched a match with Harry Kane recently? Ross is a joke compared to that lad. I don't buy the hype surrounding that kid - actions speak louder than words.

The entire team just looks so poor - I can't even believe it. They are becoming a parody of the 13-14 Everton FC.

I am at a total loss. Palace, Liverpool, and then Chelsea. I can't even imagine them mustering up 3 points combined from what they have displayed.

Manager has to go.

Your right about Barkley, I was just quoting gossip amongst pundits !

I think there is a big over reaction to yesterdays game. The Mirallas thing is silly but some of the shit I have heard is way OTT. He was acting like a cock and by not scoring he has piled pressure on the matter. Had he scored and we won there wouldnt be half the crap I have heard last night and today.

On the whole I thought the lads gave it a right good go. You cant say anyone out there wasnt trying their hardest to break the lock, but a combination of very good defending, bad decision making and players without confidence just meant we didnt pick the lock. We deserved the 3 points and West Brom didnt deserve anything for just sitting deep and playing for the point. Annoyingly its the players we relied on last season to add a little spark that just dont have that at the moment, mainly Barkley who slowed the play down every single time he was on the ball and neglected forward balls all day and then Naismith who constantly gave the ball away under little or no pressure. Oviedo was never going to add that spark but with Mirallas off we didnt have much else to bring on.

The sub thing is a joke too. Who cares if Barry or Besic come off for an attacking player? If they had come off for a defender then I would be at the front of the queue and while I do think Besic was having the better game, Barry was the one more likely to create an opportunity which is backed up by his 2 key passes compared to 0 for Besic. Thats even before it comes out that he picked up a knock.

My view of that game is that if the penalty goes in we score 3 or 4, but until you get that first goal, the frustration grows and the confidence gets lower.

We wont meet many more teams in the league as resilient as West Brom were last night, and whilst we didnt have as many shots on goal as I would have liked, there were plenty of times the ball was in the right areas but we couldnt get our foot to the ball or when we did we scuffed the crap out of it.

We have played much better in the last 4 days. The pressure on the ball is much better, we arent letting teams waltz into our half anymore and we will start winning games and when our confidence grows, and Ross especially gets his head up, then we will start showing our form from last year.

I think there is a big over reaction to yesterdays game. The Mirallas thing is silly but some of the shit I have heard is way OTT. He was acting like a cock and by not scoring he has piled pressure on the matter. Had he scored and we won there wouldnt be half the crap I have heard last night and today.

On the whole I thought the lads gave it a right good go. You cant say anyone out there wasnt trying their hardest to break the lock, but a combination of very good defending, bad decision making and players without confidence just meant we didnt pick the lock. We deserved the 3 points and West Brom didnt deserve anything for just sitting deep and playing for the point. Annoyingly its the players we relied on last season to add a little spark that just dont have that at the moment, mainly Barkley who slowed the play down every single time he was on the ball and neglected forward balls all day and then Naismith who constantly gave the ball away under little or no pressure. Oviedo was never going to add that spark but with Mirallas off we didnt have much else to bring on.

The sub thing is a joke too. Who cares if Barry or Besic come off for an attacking player? If they had come off for a defender then I would be at the front of the queue and while I do think Besic was having the better game, Barry was the one more likely to create an opportunity which is backed up by his 2 key passes compared to 0 for Besic. Thats even before it comes out that he picked up a knock.

My view of that game is that if the penalty goes in we score 3 or 4, but until you get that first goal, the frustration grows and the confidence gets lower.

We wont meet many more teams in the league as resilient as West Brom were last night, and whilst we didnt have as many shots on goal as I would have liked, there were plenty of times the ball was in the right areas but we couldnt get our foot to the ball or when we did we scuffed the crap out of it.

We have played much better in the last 4 days. The pressure on the ball is much better, we arent letting teams waltz into our half anymore and we will start winning games and when our confidence grows, and Ross especially gets his head up, then we will start showing our form from last year.

My bold:

Fuckinell Bailey never thought we'd agree on something.

I agree with a lot of that, but the highlighted bit is crucial.

"Had he scored...." but the fact is he didn't when Baines probably would have. Game changer.

I agree with a lot of that, but the highlighted bit is crucial.

"Had he scored...." but the fact is he didn't when Baines probably would have.

No I agree in that it shouldn't matter whether he scores or not because he is being a tosser either way however you wouldn't have heard a whisper about it today if he had. None of this cliques, changing room troubles, fallouts and other bollocks. In fact if he had scored I bet some would even be saying he should be our new number one taker.

You say we wont meet many teams as resilient as West Brom, but the thing is we won't meet many teams if any, who pose less of a threat going forward.

We have played better since the first West Ham game and last night wasn't a disaster.......but it wasn't pretty.

No I agree in that it shouldn't matter whether he scores or not because he is being a tosser either way however you wouldn't have heard a whisper about it today if he had. None of this cliques, changing room troubles, fallouts and other bollocks. In fact if he had scored I bet some would even be saying he should be our new number one taker.

The second he did what he did he put extra unneeded pressure on the penalty and created an image of our team that looked fuckin amateur.

Low and behold he missed it. Even if he did score it was totally unacceptable what he did.

I disagree.

When you have the best (current for MC's benefit) penalty taker in the league why would any fan say "sack him" because Mirallas nicked one?

"...cliques, changing room troubles, fallouts and other bollocks..." I'm in agreement with you though, don't go along with that.

There will inevitably be people who don't get along with each other as well as they do with others in a such a large group of blokes. Sure that's the same at every club.

Everyone who goes to work in the morning has mates and "team-mates" whatever their career.

You say we wont meet many teams as resilient as West Brom, but the thing is we won't meet many teams if any, who pose less of a threat going forward.

We have played better since the first West Ham game and last night wasn't a disaster.......but it wasn't pretty.

West Brom came with no intent last night. I would put money on no other team playing us in such a way again for the rest of the season.

I dont know if you have ever played or managed against a team that sits back and digs in but it isnt easy and in the top flight I bet it is even more difficult. I have watched plenty of top teams struggle to break down a Pulis side, especially not one where everyone is playing for their place in the team. You have to take your chances when they come and the few we did have we didnt take. We didnt stop trying, we didnt stop making runs and when we did get some space we tried to work in behind. This will probably sound harsh but if you take Barkley out of that side and replace him with Osman then we probably win. That was as poor as I have seen Ross who seemed more interested in going backwards or dwelling on the ball rather than anything else. I dont think thats something you can really say about the rest. Stones was always coming forward, the FB's were getting up the pitch, Barry and Besic were breaking forward and also trying to overlap but sometimes it just doesnt work and that was last night.

I disagree.

When you have the best (current for MC's benefit) penalty taker in the league why would any fan say "sack him" because Mirallas nicked one?

"...cliques, changing room troubles, fallouts and other bollocks..." I'm in agreement with you though, don't go along with that.

There will inevitably be people who don't get along with each other as well as they do with others in a such a large group of blokes. Sure that's the same at every club.

Everyone who goes to work in the morning has mates and "team-mates" whatever their career.

I only say that just because of how fickle some fans are. One player scores a goal, he should be starting. Someone has one bad game they should be dropped etc.

Yeh exactly, its only natural. The performance against West Ham wasnt one of a squad that arent as one.

The second he did what he did he put extra unneeded pressure on the penalty and created an image of our team that looked fuckin amateur.

Low and behold he missed it. Even if he did score it was totally unacceptable what he did.

I dont think its quite as dramatic as that. It happens plenty of times, it just so happens that Sky dissected it like they did.

He shouldnt have done it, give him a bollocking and lets move on.

Is the argument fueled by Sky Sports punditry ?

I really wouldn't have thought much about it if they had not said it was a disgrace..

My concern was the actual performance throughout the game by the entire team.

I can honestly say I sat there watching (at home of course!!!) thinking 'what the fuck is he doing?'...then I seen his 'run up' and again thought 'what the fuck is he doing?'.

Sky maybe added a bit of spice. But the chilli was already burning.

You can't go making rational posts!!!

Good stuff though.

Is the argument fueled by Sky Sports punditry ?

I really wouldn't have thought much about it if they had not said it was a disgrace..

My concern was the actual performance throughout the game by the entire team.

No Rubes. Josh videoed the aftermath of the award on his phone, we were both saying how wrong it was (toning down the volume and the language) and that Kev was sure to miss and lo and behold.....

He deleted it in disgust sadly but I wish he hadn't. Most annoyed I've been watching Everton for as long as I can remember. Nyarko incident maybe comes closest. Pundits were spot on.

West Brom came with no intent last night. I would put money on no other team playing us in such a way again for the rest of the season.

I dont know if you have ever played or managed against a team that sits back and digs in but it isnt easy and in the top flight I bet it is even more difficult. I have watched plenty of top teams struggle to break down a Pulis side, especially not one where everyone is playing for their place in the team. You have to take your chances when they come and the few we did have we didnt take. We didnt stop trying, we didnt stop making runs and when we did get some space we tried to work in behind. This will probably sound harsh but if you take Barkley out of that side and replace him with Osman then we probably win. That was as poor as I have seen Ross who seemed more interested in going backwards or dwelling on the ball rather than anything else. I dont think thats something you can really say about the rest. Stones was always coming forward, the FB's were getting up the pitch, Barry and Besic were breaking forward and also trying to overlap but sometimes it just doesnt work and that was last night.

I've got to say, I've been shocked by the amount of people I've seen saying we played badly. Aside from the whole penalty debacle, I thought it was more West Brom playing the perfect game (considering they game for a point) than Everton blowing it. We didn't set the world alight by any means, but as has been mentioned, you throw those tactics at any team and it can work. Chelsea beat Bayern in the Champions League final with those tactics.

Someone fill me in on the Nyarko incident?

He showed so much disinterest in playing against Arsenal a fan ran on the pitch and offered to wear the Blue shirt and took his off.

Nyarko more or less refused to play for us after that. We wasted £4.5m on him. A disgusting excuse for a football player.

He showed so much disinterest in playing against Arsenal a fan ran on the pitch and offered to wear the Blue shirt and took his off.

Nyarko more or less refused to play for us after that. We wasted £4.5m on him. A disgusting excuse for a football player.

Still better than Per Koldrup, I've been told.

Guest rusty747

Mirallas deserves a bollocking for being a cocky arrogant git but no more than that. Anything else is just Sky Sporys trying to make headlines.

What we are missing is no more than a lucky deflection to get our confidence going again. Can't fault the guys for effort. Lack of confidence meant that too many safe (sideways, backards) passes were made or that too many touches were taken resulting in playing too slow.

Thete are issues that need resolving, no doubt about it but its not quite the doom and gllom that so e would have you believe. We need a new 'keeper, a new cb, to either play to Lukaku's strengths or to sell him, and we need a new leader. Jags has to be replaced as captain. A true leader would at least have got involved in the penalty decision and decided the matter himself. Jags bottled it and needs replacing as captain. Barry to the end of the season maybe, then review?

What boggles my mind is that not once did we attempt to play a ball into the feet of one of the strikers at the top of the 18 with the intent of a little layoff and shot.

Dunno about that.

I'm sure I seen a fair few attempts.

Problem is, you have 9 WBA players on the edge of the 18. No space for little one - two's, flicks, through balls etc.