IGNORED

Relegation Battle!

jrossiter

Well!! It's official. We are in the relegation battle according to sky sports. Although we lead the way on stats for most the ones we are bottom of are more concerning!!!

Fewest tackles (more possession but signs of lack of effort)
Shooting accuracy (well we have seen this but the stats don't bode well in comparison to others

I don't ever believe we will get relegated but neither did most teams that did!!!

Well!! It's official. We are in the relegation battle according to sky sports. Although we lead the way on stats for most the ones we are bottom of are more concerning!!!

Fewest tackles (more possession but signs of lack of effort)

Shooting accuracy (well we have seen this but the stats don't bode well in comparison to others

I don't ever believe we will get relegated but neither did most teams that did!!!

Actually I think that the majority of teams that are relegated have a fair idea they'll be there or thereabouts at the beginning of the season.

Your "too good to go down" teams that actually do go down are few and far between (but they make good headlines and scare stories).

We'll finish top half imo.

However, there's no doubting the fact that someone looking at the table with no knowledge of the teams would say we're candidates, so on paper we're certainly in "the battle" but we've been in far worse places with far weaker squads and survived. Like I said elsewhere, it's character building for our younger/newer fans to live through a barren spell :).

It only takes a win, and another, and another, and another, and then we will be fine. I think I read on here somewhere that Martinez would have Everton win the Europa League, but relegated down into the championship. Everton will not be relegated. I have faith in the players if not in Martinez to keep us afloat. Hypotheticals can be ridiculous sometimes and then again there is a reason why some of us are thinking relegation. I have only been an Everton supporter/follower for a few years and this is the first time that this has been discussed with some seriousness.

However, there's no doubting the fact that someone looking at the table with no knowledge of the teams would say we're candidates, so on paper we're certainly in "the battle" but we've been in far worse places with far weaker squads and survived. Like I said elsewhere, it's character building for our younger/newer fans to live through a barren spell :).

Anyone who believes we're"too good" to go down is seriously deluded. We aren't and we could.

I'm not saying we will but we're a couple of bad results away from being right in the bottom 3.

We need to stay focused. We drop points against West Brom our next 3 are all very losable.

I seem to remember saying about dropping points to Palace earlier in the season and fretting about our coming games, this time round I'm positively shitting myself over it.

Anyone who believes we're"too good" to go down is seriously deluded. We aren't and we could.

I'm not saying we will but we're a couple of bad results away from being right in the bottom 3.

We need to stay focused. We drop points against West Brom our next 3 are all very losable.

I seem to remember saying about dropping points to Palace earlier in the season and fretting about our coming games, this time round I'm positively shitting myself over it.

If we don't pick up points from the next four then I think Martinez position becomes untenable - even by the likes of MikeO.

If we don't pick up points from the next four then I think Martinez position becomes untenable - even by the likes of MikeO.

Or even by the likes of Mr Contradiction himself (so that's what MC stands for).

Moyes finished seventeenth in his second season, you can join the corner if you like but it ain't going to happen, nor should it.

You're the exact type of fella who'll give a vote of confidence until the shit really hits the fan! - relegation threat and only then.

I don't think he should be sacked "yet" I think we should maybe give him another year.... This time next season if there's no change he's needs to be gone. A good side has turned into a boring frail side.

The school of science is not back!

:huh:

You're criticising me for supposedly only getting worried when we're in a relegation fight but then you say you'd give him another year to sort it. So presumably if this year does turn into a relegation fight you'd keep him anyway. So you'd give him a vote of confidence longer than I would but you're citicising me for keeping the faith.

Contradiction in action.

And, just out of interest even though you already know what sort of person I am, if we were still in this mess in twelve months time I'd be at the front of the "sack him" line.

Already been through those post. Opinion is going to change on a game to game basis. 4 more games with little or no points is going to change it dramatically again.

Thats almost a perfect definition for "Fickle" - inconsistent is good though....

inconsistent

Also found in: Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

in·con·sis·tent (ĭn′kən-sĭs′tənt)
adj.
1. Displaying or marked by a lack of consistency, especially:
a. Not regular or predictable; erratic: inconsistent behavior.
b. Lacking in correct logical relation; contradictory: inconsistent statements.
c. Not in agreement or harmony; incompatible: an intersection inconsistent with the road map.

Edited by Hafnia

Thats almost a perfect definition for "Fickle" - inconsistent is good though....

inconsistent

Also found in: Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

in·con·sis·tent

(ĭn′kən-sĭs′tənt)

adj.

1. Displaying or marked by a lack of consistency, especially:

a. Not regular or predictable; erratic: inconsistent behavior.

b. Lacking in correct logical relation; contradictory: inconsistent statements.

c. Not in agreement or harmony; incompatible: an intersection inconsistent with the road map.

I couldn't give a shit if you, Cornish Steve or MikeO think I'm inconsistent or fickle. One thing I've never done is blow smoke up Martinez arse. I wanted him as manager, he did well last season.

I was the first on here to say he talks shit though FACT. Was shot down for it. Others have seen through him now though. Still don't think he's the right guy to pull us out of a relegation fight. Should it ever get THAT bad

Edited by MC11

Already been through those post. Opinion is going to change on a game to game basis. 4 more games with little or no points is going to change it dramatically again.

If you think your opinion may change then why in the world say we should maybe give him another year? Why not say, "Lets see how he does over the next three or four games?"

Nowhere have I put a time scale on how long we should stick with him so your ridiculous suggestion that I'm somehow the blind loyalist is totally baseless.

You're a fool.

I'm being polite because I've had a good day.

I couldn't give a shit if you, Cornish Steve or MikeO think I'm inconsistent or fickle. One thing I've never done is blow smoke up Martinez arse. I wanted him as manager, he did well last season.

I was the first on here to say he talks shit though FACT. Was shot down for it. Others have seen through him now though. Still don't think he's the right guy to pull us out of a relegation fight. Should it ever get THAT bad

Calm down now MC, someone who likes to go around throwing a few grenades should be a little more understanding when one gets thrown back at him....

No one for a minute would think you had any smoke in reserve, after all you use it all on Mirallas.

I don't think he talks anything other than telling press what he wants them or the players to hear. Does anyone think that Mourinho and SAF sit there and tell the truth??? Of course they don't. They bait the press, they use psychology and everything else.

Edited by Hafnia

If you think your opinion may change then why in the world say we should maybe give him another year? Why not say, "Lets see how he does over the next three or four games?"

Nowhere have I put a time scale on how long we should stick with him so your ridiculous suggestion that I'm somehow the blind loyalist is totally baseless.

You're a fool.

I'm being polite because I've had a good day.

I couldn't give a shite if you think I'm a fool. There's things I think you are, but I'll keep it to myself. I've also had a good day!

Guest rusty747

Martinez is too nice to be successful anywhere imho. Look at the really successful Everton teams, 1984-87 with Howard Kendall. Everyone talks about the 3-1 demolition of Bayern Munich being the greatest night ever at Goodison and we did play very well. But ask Bayern how we played that night and they will tell you we were dirty, nasty and fouling our way to victory. The Bayern manager was quoted after one tackle as saying "Mr Kendall, this is not football." Similarly 1969-70 with Harry Catterick. We had skill to spare but a steel spine and a manager to match. And not many teams fancied upsetting us.

Who is up for the fight in this present Everton set up? Big Dunc obviously, Jags. Besic. Lukaku is a pussycat, Seamus is as hard as nails but doesn't project that image on the pitch, McCarthy maybe. Now I am struggling. We need to get a few headlines for getting nasty and winning ugly rather than being patted on the back as the team that nearly won something or nearly avoided relegation.

I think we will be fine and finish mid table but its not a given and we need to work to get there.

Edited by rusty747

MC11, on 26 Dec 2014 - 17:33, said:

You're the exact type of fella who'll give a vote of confidence until the shit really hits the fan! - relegation threat and only then.

I don't think he should be sacked "yet" I think we should maybe give him another year.... This time next season if there's no change he's needs to be gone. A good side has turned into a boring frail side.

"Maybe" Mike should look at the words MAYBE and YET before using it to prove a point.

Edited by MC11

MC11, on 26 Dec 2014 - 17:33, said:

"Maybe" Mike should look at the words MAYBE and YET before using it to prove a point.

:rofl:

The best you can do?

Thanks for all the input. Overall I think the feeling is naaaaahhh never but we do have it in the back of the mind which is not what was expected this year!!!! Prob 10th is realistic providing we win games!!! Which at yhe moment isn't good. I see people delighted we got a draw against West Ham at home and city at home. Last year they would have been wins if the form followed through!!!!

jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif

Ha! I've had mine out for the past few weeks. I've hardly commented, but have been tempted often! All the 'neg heads' are having a field day...doing my tits right in.

BUT it's been a good read every day! It's funny that not long ago I was accused of causing shit for a certain someone...total bollocks of course...strange how it carries on still.

While I'm on, might as well add my views on the relegation battle. There is no relegation battle. Blah. Blah. Blah. Whatever.

Ha! I've had mine out for the past few weeks. I've hardly commented, but have been tempted often! All the 'neg heads' are having a field day...doing my tits right in.

BUT it's been a good read every day! It's funny that not long ago I was accused of causing shit for a certain someone...total bollocks of course...strange how it carries on still.

While I'm on, might as well add my views on the relegation battle. There is no relegation battle. Blah. Blah. Blah. Whatever.

Just negged ya mate.

Tbh though this would be the most boring forum ever if everyone on it was positive. Just read the positivity thread if that's all you're interested in.

Edited by MC11

Spot on and good to have you back.

When does it become a relegation battle?

We are 3 points off the drop zone with some very tough fixture on the horizon. Our mini revival has so far seen us dumped out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle, apparently this is the first time since the 1959/60 season that Everton have failed to win a domestic Cup , and move closer to the bottom 3

We have the least clean sheets in the division, have conceded the most goals by mistakes and look vulnerable every time we concede a corner. For those saying we are too good to go down I bet the likes of Notts Forrest and Leeds thought the same

Hopefully we can fight our way out of this mess but to just stick your head in the sand and ignore it wont make it go away

When does it become a relegation battle?

We are 3 points off the drop zone with some very tough fixture on the horizon. Our mini revival has so far seen us dumped out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle, apparently this is the first time since the 1959/60 season that Everton have failed to win a domestic Cup , and move closer to the bottom 3

We have the least clean sheets in the division, have conceded the most goals by mistakes and look vulnerable every time we concede a corner. For those saying we are too good to go down I bet the likes of Notts Forrest and Leeds thought the same

Hopefully we can fight our way out of this mess but to just stick your head in the sand and ignore it wont make it go away

For me, honestly, it becomes a relegation battle if we are still only 3 points clear with 10 or less games to go. I know that I usually pay more attention to it from game 30. Talk of a relegation battle have been going on for at least 5 or 6 games. Which is ridiculous.

I know the season so far has been shite, but I always said we'll come strong the 2nd half of the season. That's my true belief. On that one, we have to wait and see.

I know about the stats, and they are quite daunting and startling actually. The biggest one we talk about is goals conceded. 34 now. But let's not forget that 10 of those were in the first 3 games, those games I think, set us up for the season so far. Unfortunately.

I'm not sticking my head in the sand. And thinking of it in any other way also won't make it go away, would it?! Look, we see things differently. Your naturally very pessimistic. I'm not. I find your approach a tad frustrating, you no doubt find mine bemusing, frustrating etc. Different people and all that. And that's ok.