IGNORED

Young Boys Europa (A)

markjazzbassist

His touch has actually been ok tonight. I get amazed when he gets credit for it being better. Previous it really hasn't. Tonight it's been as good as I've seen.

Mate I agree, he has held it up and created chances. I wouldn't say we have played the ball to him any different, he has just been on his game tonight and this is how we can play with a striker who can hold the ball and distribute.

Bravo lads! Well done. Yes, hands down the best I have seen them play since August and a retro glimpse of just how powerful the old 13-14 Everton team was when they were on and hungry. Let's keep this going!! I still don't like Big Rom's comments from last week but I loved his performance today. The chances that they created today was brilliant.

Unfortunately it means you miss out on the general feel good factor. He's back on unofficial ignore.

Good game for Matt to make.

A really good performance very happy Matt got to see that game in person.

i should go to all the games, lucky mascot me!

Well, I didn't expect that. Their goal really woke us up, and the fans too (couple of gripes with a handful of them, some real dickheads tarnishing our name). We could've had double figures if some of the decision making and finishing was better. As much as I rate him, there were 3 stinking misses from Rom, just as well he had already bagged "the footballers" hat trick :lol:

Thought YB did well on the first 30 mins but that double save after going behind changed the game. They seemed to give up and we were ruthless, something we've been crying out for! Said to one of the guys after Stones went off, it looked like they were a man down; crisp, fast passing, movement, supporting the player on the ball.

Blaming Howard for the goal is crazy. It was a quality finish. Everyone was slipping for the first 20 mins, it was watching Bambi on ice, so I don't get the criticism aimed at McCarthy (had a good game in my opinion, glad he was taken off and rested a bit).

Ross was soooo much better but still lacked a little decision making. But his foot work and balance :o

There wasn't a bad performance on the pitch. Stones made a booboo, but up until then had been solid. I'm more forgiving with youth anyway, especially when the game is already wrapped up. I was worried we were going to just sit back, but we played the counter brilliantly. But, we were playing against a very poor side, who could've made much more of a game of it. Great momentum, and another thumping at Goodison, plus a thumping against Leicester and were in for an exciting climax to the season.

I recorded the game and just finished watching. First of all, what a great improvement from the toffees. I loved the faster speed of game which paid off with a Lukaku hat trick. Let me say that although Lukaku scored the most goals today, this was a team effort. Although Lukaku gets criticized unfairly in my opinion, this is what happens when the midfield plays in sync and Coleman is allowed to run up on the wing.

Garbutt deserves to start over Oviedo.

The referee was obviously biased in favor of YB. If it wasn't the soft fouls, it was the liberal use of the yellow cards against Everton, particularly the one against Lukaku.

On Stones...yeah he messed up, but that was no where near a straight red card.