IGNORED

Sergi Roberto

• 2 weeks later...

Sergi Roberto is average, wouldn't like him.

Adama Traoré is a beast. Barça have a jam in the forward positions with Suarez, Messi, Neymar, Pedro, Munir, Adama, Deulofeu, Sandro... but unfortunately I doubt we'll sign anyone from them.

• 4 weeks later...

How did he do?

Unfortunately I only watched him for 10-15 mins as the game was all but wrapped up for barca. He sat deepest of midfield, definitely is of the Artea/Cabaye mould, looked to get on the ball. Would like to watch him in a league game from the start to see if he dictates the tempo ect.

Unfortunately I only watched him for 10-15 mins as the game was all but wrapped up for barca. He sat deepest of midfield, definitely is of the Artea/Cabaye mould, looked to get on the ball. Would like to watch him in a league game from the start to see if he dictates the tempo ect.

So absolutely the creative spark we're crying out for then? :lol:

• 1 month later...

Watching him closely for barca today at half time. Not impressed greatly, plays very sideways and slow - sitting deepest again but offers little going forward and rolls the ball to xavi at first chance ( can't blame him thought ). Does good defensive work, very tight and alert marker in the box but honestly I'd have Cleverly on a free over Sergi @8mil from what I've seen here.

Watching him closely for barca today at half time. Not impressed greatly, plays very sideways and slow - sitting deepest again but offers little going forward and rolls the ball to xavi at first chance ( can't blame him thought ). Does good defensive work, very tight and alert marker in the box but honestly I'd have Cleverly on a free over Sergi @8mil from what I've seen here.

Reminds me of a guy I met who knew Alan Ball in his later years; apparently his instructions pre the World Cup Final from Sir Alf were simply, "When Bobby Charlton loses the ball you go and get it, then give it back to Charlton."

Not watched the game all the way through since I was six (and can't actually remember watching it then) to see if the story stacks up, but I though it was a good quote.

• 4 weeks later...

He's supposed to be creative. So he would be the 10. He's on the outs there so if he was really cheap it's worth it, but he doesn't have the highly rated thing going for him and in the games he has played he's been pretty anonymous.

Im not impressed. Like ive said earlier, he sits the deepest of the mids and just ticks possession over. Hes a tidy player, bit of pace - he seems very similar to Cleverley. It could be a case of being over awed by Xavi, Inestia and Rakatic that he feels pressured to just give them the ball and restrict his own flair :dont know:

Im not impressed. Like ive said earlier, he sits the deepest of the mids and just ticks possession over. Hes a tidy player, bit of pace - he seems very similar to Cleverley. It could be a case of being over awed by Xavi, Inestia and Rakatic that he feels pressured to just give them the ball and restrict his own flair :dont know:

Spot on, he doesn't look a forward thinking number 10 to me.

It could be a case of being over awed by Xavi, Inestia and Rakatic that he feels pressured to just give them the ball and restrict his own flair :dont know:

I rather agree with this. How many times has a gem of a player emerged when given the opportunity to prove themselves after always playing the understudy to big name stars?

• 3 weeks later...