IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

I don't think so. I think he knows the fans think we need more than the two or three new signings he says we'll make and is saying we'll be bringing two young players into the squad as well. Which, in his mind, equates to five newbies.

That's how I took it aswel he's purely emphasising the squad will naturally get stronger with who we have coming through

I hope he brings these three in sharpish but I would love to know his take on "what we need" in both position and level of ability

He said after the game he needs two players. I would hope if that's the case a striker and a playmaker are the positions he is going for. I think we can get by at centre back. Think Lennon might come in on a loan like a Barry deal and maybe mcgeady out

Back to 2 again? Memory like a sieve that man.

If we stick with the 442 I don't think we need the 10 with Ross in form like he is. Striker for sure as well need to get Kone and romelu some rest, but if it's 2 and we stick 442 I'd have STK and CB.

Even if Ross a better season this season he's still going to have dips in form at its age, so we need someone who can alternate with him. A number 10 is still a must.

I can't remember him saying two just that we would make the squad stronger unless I'm going deaf? I know he said prior to kick off we want two or three

Hopefully a CB a creative attacking mid and a forward but wouldn't be surprised to see Evans Lennon and Austin brought in

Edited by EFC-Paul

How has it gone from 3 to 2 I don't get how he can keep changing like this and not expect to be pulled over it.

Is he saying a couple rather than the word 2? As I watched him say a couple the other day then 3 in the next breath. I think he may have the word couple and few lost in trsnslation. If he doesn't he is looking like a bullshitter because he has been crystal clear and repeated time and time again he wants 3.

Why does the number matter? I'd rather see two quality signings than three average ones.

If he said 2 all along it wouldn't but he keeps saying 3. He needs to pick a number and stick to it.

3 players are what we need minimum to push on properly THAT is why it matters most but if I kept telling you I was going to give you 3 pounds but then only give you 2 you would wonder why I kept saying one thing but doing another wouldn't you?

Even if Ross a better season this season he's still going to have dips in form at its age, so we need someone who can alternate with him. A number 10 is still a must.

Completely agree. I think my priority of it being a marquee signing has lowered though, a solid striker to rotate in would be preferred. A 10 is needed but a loan or something would be fine by me. I want Ross to have competition but prefer he play.

Why does the number matter? I'd rather see two quality signings than three average ones.

No one has said three average or two quality players he's said two or three to strengthen the squad

So going from that and the sliding scale on what he said could mean in terms of quality the numbers do matter

If he said 2 all along it wouldn't but he keeps saying 3. He needs to pick a number and stick to it.

3 players are what we need minimum to push on properly THAT is why it matters most but if I kept telling you I was going to give you 3 pounds but then only give you 2 you would wonder why I kept saying one thing but doing another wouldn't you?

But that's not an appropriate analogy. Better is that I promised to give you a tenner and two fives, only to give you two tenners. Would you still feel hard done by?

2, 3... Who know's whats happening behind the scenes. Maybe 1 of them decided to get stubborn and threw a hissyfit for more money. Maybe one got a dodgy injury. Maybe 1 has been arrested. There are a 101 reasons the deal may be on or off, saying you're down to 2 might be a passive aggressive dig at the selling club who are dicking about?

I'm with Steve here; I'd rather have 2 quality signings than 3 decent signings.

But that's not an appropriate analogy. Better is that I promised to give you a tenner and two fives, only to give you two tenners. Would you still feel hard done by?

The snalogy is would you wonder why I kept saying I would give you 3 but only gave you 2. Would you question it and think it was strange? Of course you would so why wouldn't we question him saying 3 so definite numerous times only for him to say 2. Whats changed?

Myou say sooner 2 wuslity than 3 average, how do you know the 2 will be quality, what if it's Lennon and Evans and the 3rd disappears, that still wont matter though right.

If we stick with the 442 I don't think we need the 10 with Ross in form like he is. Striker for sure as well need to get Kone and romelu some rest, but if it's 2 and we stick 442 I'd have STK and CB.

I knew people would start saying this after today's game! All summer it's been playmaker this, number 10 that... step up Ross Barkley! The squad is full of midfielders and wingers of all shapes and sizes, I for one want Barkley to make that creative position his own, and on current form he's looking good for it.

No one is mentioning a right back - what happens if Coleman gets injured? I would love to see Lennon, another striker and an experienced defender to offer cover at cb and rb (two players preferably, but finances etc etc)

I knew people would start saying this after today's game! All summer it's been playmaker this, number 10 that... step up Ross Barkley! The squad is full of midfielders and wingers of all shapes and sizes, I for one want Barkley to make that creative position his own, and on current form he's looking good for it.

No one is mentioning a right back - what happens if Coleman gets injured? I would love to see Lennon, another striker and an experienced defender to offer cover at cb and rb (two players preferably, but finances etc etc)

We have browning at rb cover. Stones as well in an emergency. But you're right, January or next summer this is a must.

United looking for another striker after Rooney had 2 bad games to start the season. Maybe after this season LVG will torch that relationship and he will want to come back here. Long shot but he's ruined the de gea thing, Januzai he's being an ass about and he seems an arrogant prick to be honest

No team would be willing to pay anywhere close to the salary Rooney is receiving. I'm sure he'd rather sit on the bench for a few years than take an 80% pay cut.

No team would be willing to pay anywhere close to the salary Rooney is receiving. I'm sure he'd rather sit on the bench for a few years than take an 80% pay cut.

Fucking shame mate. Many players would give their left nut to be able to play. I guess we would have to wait till his contract expired and then could offer him a deal with our wages, he would only be able to do it for love of the game and club. So this is highly doubtful.

The main thing that concerns me slightly is the "squad" will get stronger that could mean a multitude of things, I know he's unlikely to state the first eleven will be strengthened as it could unsettle a few and it's not his style but I think that's the kind of gritty stuff I'd like to hear from him

Even stating that we will bring in others that will push the other lads for a starting place etc

If we only bring in a few like we did Atsu who make the squad itself stronger with abit of depth but can't really push for a starting spot I'd be severely fucked off