IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

You all watch, this third signing will be a 20 year old goalkeeper that is "one for the future". Kidding.

On a serious note, I have no idea why Rodriguez is signing unless he truly shows great potential for the future. Naismith is a guy who can play up top and give us hustle and workrate but not a ton of end product. Add to that, Kone has shown glimpses of being decent. Today he made several poor mistakes, but also did some positive things and he's clearly working hard to try to win over the fans and prove himself.

If we're going to sign a striker, it might as well be someone of half decent quality who offers us something different from what we already have.

I like Naismith and appreciate his effort but I think we should sell him and get a proper striker or proper 'number 10' in his place. I just don't think he fits Roberto's preferred systems yet he's a good player and deserves game time but today's another example where he's been brought on ahead of Mirallas/Deulofeu where maybe one of them would have been a better change.

Naismith isn't good enough, I feel harsh saying that but he just isn't. He tries and I really like him he's a top lad but he just isn't good enough for the level we want to be at.

These 2 South Americans are looking like being the couple Martinez has said in the next 2 days the other imo will be Lennon on deadline day and that will be that.

The cynic in me thinks the Yarmalenko deal hinged on Stones going and if he isn't then nobody big is coming in. Does anyone ghink a striker who has scored a handful of goals in a shite league is going to do any good? Does anyone truely believe at 22 this lad is good enough?

Wouldn't mind Lennon coming in. But not as the 'marquee' signing as it where.

If Lennon was to come in alongside these 2 unheard of South Americans, I must admit I would be a bit 'meh'.

If we bring in Muri/Mori whatever his name is, Lennon and Yankingdelodophious whatever his name is....I'd be over the moon.

I suspect there will be a few names thrown around in the coming days.

Martinez says that the club hopes to announce 2 over the coming days...if that is the 2 South Americans, I'd be a bit anxious as to who the 3rd will be.

But like Paddock is saying, I'm not to sure what this south American striker will bring. His scoring record is nothing exciting. Hmmmm.

I'd be very disappointed if one of the 3 is Rodrigues.

The 3 we believed to have been getting, all needed to be of good/decent quality. At his age and his performance record, suggest Rodrigues won't be anything to shout home about.

Mori is an OK signing.

Yarmolenko would be exactly the type of player we should have been going for, if the manager/board/team are serious about moving forward.

The longer the window goes on, the less confident I'm feeling.

Edited by tenaciousj

I honestly don't understand the worry. My expectations are pretty standard for this season anyway. I'm expecting a mid table finish as we are. Certainly far too good to go down (I know that's been said before). I'm pretty confident at least one decent player will be coming in before the window closes.

Wouldn't mind Lennon coming in. But not as the 'marquee' signing as it where.

If Lennon was to come in alongside these 2 unheard of South Americans, I must admit I would be a bit 'meh'.

If we bring in Muri/Mori whatever his name is, Lennon and Yankingdelodophious whatever his name is....I'd be over the moon.

I suspect there will be a few names thrown around in the coming days.

Martinez says that the club hopes to announce 2 over the coming days...if that is the 2 South Americans, I'd be a bit anxious as to who the 3rd will be.

But like Paddock is saying, I'm not to sure what this south American striker will bring. His scoring record is nothing exciting. Hmmmm.

Meh?

It'll be a fuckin joke...but wouldn't surprise me

I honestly don't understand the worry. My expectations are pretty standard for this season anyway. I'm expecting a mid table finish as we are. Certainly far too good to go down (I know that's been said before). I'm pretty confident at least one decent player will be coming in before the window closes.

after yesterday's game I'm confident of a top six position. With no Europe we are better than Spurs, Southampton etc so don't see why we shouldn't be battling with the shite for that position

after yesterday's game I'm confident of a top six position. With no Europe we are better than Spurs, Southampton etc so don't see why we shouldn't be battling with the shite for that position

I don't think we have as strong a squad as Spurs . Starting 11 yes but squad depth they are stronger.

Other than the first half against Watford, I'm massively encouraged by the start to the season. We eere good second half Watford , phenominal ;) against Soton and I thought we were a little unlucky against City who I think will win the league at a canter by the way. Another day Lukaku isn't flagged offside, Howard doesn't have a spaz moment and we win 1-0. Thought we matched them first half and for a little spell in the second.

Think you're getting well ahead of yourself mate. Whilst we did ok yesterday we never tested their back four. Looked good at Southampton looked piss poor against Watford. Manager making mind boggling substitutions - either wrong personel or far too late. We've got a long way to go if we think we'll get in the top 6. Can't see it yet. If we get a marquee signing maybe that will change.

Yesterday he was brilliant. I would never want to be in a midfield against David Silva, the man is just on another level from anyone in our team, but for a lot of the game Barry did a good job. He's looking good on the ball too.

The fella next to me was screaming that Stones needs to be sold because he's shit, and we should take £30m for Barkley too because he's shite too. I was very confused. I sit by some dick heads. But they sit by one too!

Cleverley > McCarthy so far.

I'd agree with that, I'm a big fan of McCarthy but he hasn't hit the ground running. His off the ball work is excellent and it was on Sunday but I want to see him snapping into tackles and not "jockeying".

Cleverley looks the player I seen for Man United before Kevin Davies "did him" and before the United fans and supposed England fans went on a mission to destroy a young lads career before it got going. As I stated before he signed he is going to Vault alot of people and I'm sure they will be happy with that.

There is something infectious to a team when a hard working touch footballer is in the side. He has a quality delivery, looks for a pass and is a superb athlete - pace and stamina.

To regurgitate a story I have stated a few times, I played against a lad with similar traits to Cleverley and I could not get near him or away from him - he was minimal in what he tried to do, he just turned the ball over time and time again and took no more than 3 touches at most . It turns out he had been released by Everton at 15/16 and you could tell. At first I thought it was Michael Johnson (the man city player who's career went down the pan)

Maybe i should have started a new thread but are we really going to come out of this transfer window stronger?

With the names flying around albeit taken with a pinch of salt i was a little bit optimistic.

Now i think we are scrapping the barrel with 3rd or 4th choices as we lack funds and pulling power.

Personally i don't think our squad will be any stronger/better come 2nd September. Maybe a bigger squad but that's as far as it goes.

Maybe i should have started a new thread but are we really going to come out of this transfer window stronger?

We will but not to the degree many of us would have liked/expected. The fact that we've not sold and added Cleverley/Deulofeu (with more on the way) will result in a stronger squad. There's still work to be done and I do fear another frustrating season if these areas aren't.