IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

REALLY starting to get the vibe that all our business this summer is hinging on Stones going. The nearer he seems to be going the closer we get to doing deals.

If he gets sold for say 35 million and we spend say 28 Everton fans will absolutely melt down and the current board will be ran out of town. I lnow I've said this before but I'm really starting to get that feeling now that these players linked are coming so late because we've been playing hardball with Stones.

If we are minus for our net spend this window there will be fucking girders i guarantee it.

Edited by Paddock

No doubt about it Pad. If Stones goes, I expect his full fee plus more on top to be spent. Or shit hits the fan.

After paying off a chunk of debt last year, knowing we have more coming in from TV and hearing all summer that we are not a selling club...there really seems to be no excuse, or reason if you like, to spend less than we sell.

I can accept that every player has a price. No problem with that. That's just business. But please, no more bullshit!

Incidentally, I don't agree with the links comment you make. That just seems to be the way we do it. We seem quite good at keeping our targets under wrap and then pulling if off when we are ready. Which tends to be late for what ever reason.

Ye me too. It's too late in the window to he able to spend the money.

Even if it was earlier in the window we still wouldn't.

The one we missed was Andrew Robertson the left back £3m ideal player to replace baines.

Martinez must be kicking himself now.

Doubt it. We have Garbutt, he's an ideal replacement for Baines.

The echo thinks Mori,yarmolenko and a striker. That would be sexual chocolate!

I'd actually be amazed if we didn't let anyone of any note go and ended up with Delafaou Cleverley Mori Yarmolenko and a decent striker plus Henen and Holgate as future hopefuls and key players tied to new contracts

I'd say that's potentially one of if not the best transfer window I can remember, if true who the forward could be is anyone's guess as Austin will likely stay down south as he's apparently stated

Yarmalenko can play up front as well I think so I think that's our 10 and striker in 1 go, Mori is the cb but I've noticed Martinez has gone back to saying a coupe. I agree with Paul here. IF we don't lose Stones and keep all our other names and sign Geri, Cleverley, Mori, Yarmalenko and a another plus Hennen and Holgate that would be an absolutely belting window. That would be 5 in and 0 out plus a couple of hot prospects.

Surely it's not going to be that good is it? This is Everton after all.

Personally I'd be happy with Yarmolenko and the centre half. Obviously the more the better but we can't have it all our own way. Still think we'll lose Stones

Tbf if someone would have said before the window opened we would sign Geri, Cleverley, Yarmalenko and a back up cb, Mirallas and McCarthy sign new deals and keep the whole squad together I'd of bitten their hand off for it so if that is all we should be happy with that.

Think you're right about Stones though.

If stones goes what happens then? Obviously our defence would be weaker so I think we spend big on another quality striker and go for the Kevin Keenan style of football that we will just out score you? If he goes then can van djyk is the obvious replacement at the back. If he goes to Chelsea I'd be definitely getting a loan back out of their a million players.

If stones goes what happens then? Obviously our defence would be weaker so I think we spend big on another quality striker and go for the Kevin Keenan style of football that we will just out score you? If he goes then can van djyk is the obvious replacement at the back. If he goes to Chelsea I'd be definitely getting a loan back out of their a million players.

Fuck knows mate supposedly the lad from Inter. One thing for sure though is if we do sell him Jags will have a brand new to the club partner who is going to need time to bed in but wont get it as he'll be lashed in at the deep end.