IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

sort of funny that the start of last year it was "the strongest squad weve had in years", we need the 3 players in equally as bad as we need players back from injury. I think we are fine for wingers, id be happy with Lennon deadline day, but i think with kev, Gery, McGeady, Oviedo, Peanuts and Connor Mac we are well covered!

made up Mccarthy has signed. If we get Kev on board i would hope Mcgeady goes on loan at least, freeing a spot for lennon but can see him going to a west ham or stoke.If we keep stones im happy for browning and galloway to be back up as it will give them game time and experience in the cups or through injuries. Shaqiri talk wont go away though. Is he a number ten? apparently roberto has said we are close to two signings. A striker is a must i would like a real livewire up front. Pace pace pace. I like the look of wilson at United

Bit of a conspiracy theory this I know BUT.... Does anyone else think we mat be waiting on the Stones sale so we can get the "3" needed?

God i hope not. Keep him till next season where he will be worth shitloads more. He should be in the england first team and with a good euros who knows? Im hoping we nail a bang on signing tommorow to give us a lift

As stated yesterday, everyone had a meltdown because RM signed Kone for £6m, that was before he sold fellaini... If he knew he was gonna sell fellaini then I don't think Kone would be here - he would have gone bigger.

Apply the same logic to this scenario... If we went out and spent £5m on a centre half then stones would be staying. We haven't - he's keeping his powder dry. As good as gone me thinks.

The McCarthy deal is probably just a means of pacifying the fans.

As stated yesterday, everyone had a meltdown because RM signed Kone for £6m, that was before he sold fellaini... If he knew he was gonna sell fellaini then I don't think Kone would be here - he would have gone bigger.

Apply the same logic to this scenario... If we went out and spent £5m on a centre half then stones would be staying. We haven't - he's keeping his powder dry. As good as gone me thinks.

The McCarthy deal is probably just a means of pacifying the fans.

yep. we are skint as fuck even with tv money.

sort of funny that the start of last year it was "the strongest squad weve had in years", we need the 3 players in equally as bad as we need players back from injury. I think we are fine for wingers, id be happy with Lennon deadline day, but i think with kev, Gery, McGeady, Oviedo, Peanuts and Connor Mac we are well covered!

Peanuts will only play a handful of games due to injury and is not the player he was. McGeady is just not good enough, which leaves Oviedo who is more a left wing back, left sided midfielder, although he can do a job there. Connor Mac has potential but is not there yet (although I believe he will be one day).

All that leaves us two players who while brilliant are the poster boys for "fragile hamstring syndrome".

We need Lennon.

Peanuts will only play a handful of games due to injury and is not the player he was. McGeady is just not good enough, which leaves Oviedo who is more a left wing back, left sided midfielder, although he can do a job there. Connor Mac has potential but is not there yet (although I believe he will be one day).

All that leaves us two players who while brilliant are the poster boys for "fragile hamstring syndrome".

We need Lennon.

It's a common injury being a sprinter.... Most out and out wingers who rely on explosive changes of speed have trouble with their hamstrings.

I will put some money on one them being Jonny F-ing Evans.

Still think we should have signed Lennon. I've seen healthier aids victims when it comes to Gerry, Mirallas and Mcgeady.

Really stuck when it comes to another forward though. Maybe Austin? Any option other than Kone will do for me.

Odds slashed to 4/7. i bloody knew it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what an enlightening interview it was too.

I kid, it was just more of the shit we've gotten used to.

It was a bit uncomfortable wasn't it. Carragher jept asking him why Barry drops back and the left back pushes up. Martinez looked like he didn't know the answer himself. I was sitting there feeling awkward for him.

Talk Sport 9pm Everton phone in if you don't already know.

About the number 10 position everyone is crying out for... Yohan Gourcuff is a free agent after being released by Lyon. Injury risk, yes, but also seriously talented. If we're that cash strapped, wouldn't a punt on a player with his credentials, and still only 29, for FREE be worth a look?

About the number 10 position everyone is crying out for... Yohan Gourcuff is a free agent after being released by Lyon. Injury risk, yes, but also seriously talented. If we're that cash strapped, wouldn't a punt on a player with his credentials, and still only 29, for FREE be worth a look?

How can we be cash strapped? i just dont get it. I just hope over the past 5 years of spending none of our own money we have squirreled a wedge to go towards the ground. I would accept that. I just blindly hope that all the transfer rumours are just that rumours. I hope we have our targets and they haven't come up yet. Payet at West ham looks a player and it seems we have missed out. Shakiri is not for me. Not a number 10. I can see us getting Halovic in that role on loan, lennon is a must for me aswell

It was a bit uncomfortable wasn't it. Carragher jept asking him why Barry drops back and the left back pushes up. Martinez looked like he didn't know the answer himself. I was sitting there feeling awkward for him.

Talk Sport 9pm Everton phone in if you don't already know.

we know why Barry does that. He's covering the full back. McCarthy also drops back and the right back pushes up, I don't see why he didn't ask the same question of him. It seemed like a waste of a question from Carragher to me. He pulls enough teams up for midfielders leaving defenders exposed or holes when a player pushes up. I didn't get it at all.

we know why Barry does that. He's covering the full back. McCarthy also drops back and the right back pushes up, I don't see why he didn't ask the same question of him. It seemed like a waste of a question from Carragher to me. He pulls enough teams up for midfielders leaving defenders exposed or holes when a player pushes up. I didn't get it at all.

He kept saying "we don't see any other team do it why do you" if I'm honest Steve Martinez looked like he was struggling to justify his reasons for doing it.

If Liverpool did it in Suarez's last season they would have won the league. They did it yesterday though, Milner and Henderson covered the full backs when they went forward, but they don't go forward as much as we do.

Most teams attack primarily from their midfield, so they have cover. Our primary attacking points are our full backs, so we need someone to tuck in.

We had players like Carsley and Neville covering the left back under Moyes, but we only needed one as our right back didn't attack as much until Coleman came in. But then under Moyes, Baines & Coleman didn't attack at the same time like they do under Martinez, it was one at a time so only one player had to cover one side at a time.

Baines got slated at the World Cup for not attacking like he did at Everton, but he had no one covering. Henderson covered the right back, when Baines did go up we got caught out.