IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

Reading Martinez comments after the game about the starting 11 against Watford and how we're going to play this swason shows absolutely that nobody is coming in before the Watford game.

There is absolutely no doubt in ky mind that there will be no signings before the Watford game which means a loan and possibly Lennon on deadline day and that's our lot.

If it is, I feel like giving my season ticket back.

Reading Martinez comments after the game about the starting 11 against Watford and how we're going to play this swason shows absolutely that nobody is coming in before the Watford game.

There is absolutely no doubt in ky mind that there will be no signings before the Watford game which means a loan and possibly Lennon on deadline day and that's our lot.

If it is, I feel like giving my season ticket back.

I feel exactly the same paddock gutted the way we are going about our transfers.

Good news, two season tickets is just what we need! I'll send you guys my address.

Could you help with a bit of petrol money as well?

Last season I was watching a few bundesliga games and I would like us to go for John Brooks. Young American and reminds me a lot of Stones. Plays for Hertha BSC, is 22 years old. Comfortable on the ball as well. Would probably cost the same amount as Virgil van Dijk though.

But younger and experience in a stronger league

Last season I was watching a few bundesliga games and I would like us to go for John Brooks. Young American and reminds me a lot of Stones. Plays for Hertha BSC, is 22 years old. Comfortable on the ball as well. Would probably cost the same amount as Virgil van Dijk though.

as an american i watch him regularly with the US team. he's better with hertha than the US team but he could be good for us. He could definately learn a lot from Jags and I think that would really benefit him. he had a rough gold cup the last couple of weeks, but I believe that's more do to the US team than him alone.

just been on sky we are the lowest spenders in the prem thus far.on top of that ive seen barca in for nolito the player that scored a trick against us pre season last year. im encouraged about us fucking chelsea off, i can see stones being in a bidding war in a seasons time with united winning out £40 mill plus.

Please stop complaining about how much we've spent in the transfer market. PLEASE.

Spending doesnt equal success at "our level". We got a full england international on a free and took Barcelona to the cleaners on the Deulofeu signing. Yet we still complain. I swear this board would be happier having paid 10mil for Cleverley and 8mil for Deulofeu just to say we are trying to spend money this summer.

The club recognizes next summer is massive overhaul (chances are Stones will leave and many players will be on the fringes of retirement) and is saving up, rightfully so.

Please stop complaining about how much we've spent in the transfer market. PLEASE.

Spending doesnt equal success at "our level". We got a full england international on a free and took Barcelona to the cleaners on the Deulofeu signing. Yet we still complain. I swear this board would be happier having paid 10mil for Cleverley and 8mil for Deulofeu just to say we are trying to spend money this summer.

The club recognizes next summer is massive overhaul (chances are Stones will leave and many players will be on the fringes of retirement) and is saving up, rightfully so.

I completely agree with this, in as much as expenditure shouldn't result in success....however.

Everton's best 11 in 2013

Howard

Coleman - Jags - Distin - Baines

Barry - McCarthy

Deulofeu - Barkley - Mirallas

Lukaku

Everton's probable starting/best 11 in 2015

Howard

Coleman - Jags - Stones - Baines

Barry - McCarthy

Lukaku

As a team. We haven't progressed. The Bench is almost identical. In football, you have to improve year by year, even if it's by one first team player. In 2 years, we haven't done that. Ideally, we should have found a Barry replacement and a Howard replacement, at the bare minimum.

I know Cleverley is here, but we haven't seen him yet.

You're absolutely right about next year (Big over haul), whether that's for the good or not, who knows?

On the flipside of that, we have a very settled starting 11 and that should help during tough times.

I don't think it's the amount of money we've spent that people are complaining about to be honest. It's the fact that we've only brought in two players in when we have a squad that badly needs freshening up now after a pretty torrid season. To do that you generally need to spend money, they can't all be frees or bargains if we want the club to actually progress and improve. Saving up for next summer is something that seems to get thrown about every year without it actually happening. We have this season to play first anyway, we have to get through that.

Edit - also, it's a fact that we're in the richest league in the world and have only spent less than £5m and have been outspent by every other club so far (even some Championship clubs) and still appear to not have much in the way of funds. Now hopefully it's just the way it appears and it's not the reality, but I can understand people's frustration about it.

Edited by Romey 1878

I don't think it's the amount of money we've spent that people are complaining about to be honest. It's the fact that we've only brought in two players in when we have a squad that badly needs freshening up now after a pretty torrid season. To do that you generally need to spend money, they can't all be frees or bargains if we want the club to actually progress and improve. Saving up for next summer is something that seems to get thrown about every year without it actually happening. We have this season to play first anyway, we have to get through that.

Edit - also, it's a fact that we're in the richest league in the world and have only spent less than £5m and have been outspent by every other club so far (even some Championship clubs) and still appear to not have much in the way of funds. Now hopefully it's just the way it appears and it's not the reality, but I can understand people's frustration about it.

boom_2_T.png

I completely agree with this, in as much as expenditure shouldn't result in success....however.

Everton's best 11 in 2013

Howard

Coleman - Jags - Distin - Baines

Barry - McCarthy

Lukaku

Everton's probable starting/best 11 in 2015

Howard

Coleman - Jags - Stones - Baines

Barry - McCarthy

Lukaku

Let's hope those XI don't perform as badly as in 13/14 eh :D.

TV money comes in today, so we night actually see some movement in the market.

I think knowing it was coming in clubs would have just done business on the strength of it tbh mate. You may be right like but clubs constantly do business on the strength of finances they know are coming in.

I'm now expecting us to be in for Messi by 10am tomorrow.