IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

yeah ive had enough and the season hasnt kicked off yet. i know in two years we will or could have a great young team but under roberto will they stay? We all know Kone is shite so that leaves us with Lukaku. I have wanted a striker with real pace like a Radzinksi but who could finish and its obvious to a guide dog that and a player that has a trick and can see the final ball is what we need.Im happy with browning and galloway at the back if stones stays but we need three attacking players. I can see watford nicking a goal first game and us not having a shot

yeah ive had enough and the season hasnt kicked off yet. i know in two years we will or could have a great young team but under roberto will they stay? We all know Kone is shite so that leaves us with Lukaku. I have wanted a striker with real pace like a Radzinksi but who could finish and its obvious to a guide dog that and a player that has a trick and can see the final ball is what we need.Im happy with browning and galloway at the back if stones stays but we need three attacking players. I can see watford nicking a goal first game and us not having a shot

You're a right bundle of joy, aren't you! :)

When I look at the squad list on EFC our first team looks pretty good but you don't have to look too deep to see the cracks.

No real CB coverage assuming stones stays we cannot start the season next week with galloway as the rotation option. No cover upfront. we need a cheaper lukaku to cover him.

We need a new goalkeeper.

I will put some money on one them being Jonny F-ing Evans.

Still think we should have signed Lennon. I've seen healthier aids victims when it comes to Gerry, Mirallas and Mcgeady.

Really stuck when it comes to another forward though. Maybe Austin? Any option other than Kone will do for me.

With liverpool blowing everyone away in the transfer market i think we are in for a very hard season.

They are linked with two more players today

Kroos and traora

They aren't going to get Kroos. He's on another tier to that lot. Liverpool can't attract that calibre atm. Kroos will want to play CL football.

I still don't get why we are penny pinching with so much money coming in from sky.

Someone said it's 120m this year.

Neither do I mate, it just makes no sense. Some quarters are saying "we shouldn't spend for the sake of it" and I agree, lets not spend for the fun of it lets spend in players we actually need. If we had Chelseas team I'd get thst line of thinking. The squad is already super strong so why add for addings sake but we're fucking crying out for a number10 and a back up striker so go and fucking sign them.

I just don't get this wait until last day to save a couple of million pounds. The damage could be already done then and our season could be over before it's begun, confidence low and moral shot.

The manager has acknowledged we're short in certain areas so give him the money to sort it out. Liverpool are spending 100 million, I don't expect that type of investment but a third of what they are spending isn't too much to ask is it? They have no champions league money and they'll spend at least another 30 before the windows closed so it's not just the Sterling money they are spending.

It's a fucking joke it really is.

plus they are extending the ground for next season they are leaving us behind and it's hard to take.

You know what Patto mate, I think it's too late to catch up. I think our ship has sailed a long time ago and the only way out is a sugar daddy. People say they wouldn't want that they would not want that and would sooner us build a team and do it on our own. Wouldn't we all but the harsh reality is it's not going to happen it's not the 80s backwards any more, the premier league has arrived and we're going backwards not forwards and without a new ground and or major investment I fear we'll end up closer to a Leeds or Forest rather than a Chelsea or Man U.

oh so it's only 80m off sky plus our own income so that explains why we've only spent 4m.

No matter how we look at it our performance in the transfer market so far is pathetic.

Just wait till the finances come out - you will see a nice bunch of spin around how retaining the likes of Jags, Garbutt, etc etc has cost us an extra £5m per year and that the price of the new kentucky grass at finch farm has gone up by 300% due to a drout. Agents fees, consultancy fees for Walton Hall park.

All part of operating costs you see..... this oh so well audited expense line that has shot up inexplicably in line with TV revenue....

some may say a means of making money disappear, but hey thats all conspiracy theories.

Sad thing is, people only get bothered about all this when they cant see us get the players in. The football is a distraction for the rest of the time which suits the club.

Then stop reading the news. It's almost all made up anyway. :)

So Steve, you deem it acceptable to, after the season we had go into this season with Cleverley as the only change to the squad from the season BEFORE LAST, except we don't have Alcaraz or Distin. We have one player extra (we now own the other 3) which is Cleverlwy and we have lost 2 which by my counting leaves us 1 player less than 2 seasons ago.

You think that's acceptable do you? Please don't throw Mcgeadys name in the hat or tell me we have youngsters breaking through because that wont wash.

Edit, I forgot about Besic sorry so we're breaking even.

Edited by Paddock

So Steve, you deem it acceptable to, after the season we had go into this season with Cleverley as the only change to the squad from the season BEFORE LAST, except we don't have Alcaraz or Distin. We have one player extra (we now own the other 3) which is Cleverlwy and we have lost 2 which by my counting leaves us 1 player less than 2 seasons ago.

You think that's acceptable do you? Please don't throw Mcgeadys name in the hat or tell me we have youngsters breaking through because that wont wash.

Edit, I forgot about Besic sorry so we're breaking even.

Henen was signed. So was Deulofeu. Didn't even know about TC's Welsh cousin. :) And I will be flabbergasted if we don't sign players before the window shuts.

Henen was signed. So was Deulofeu. Didn't even know about TC's Welsh cousin. :) And I will be flabbergasted if we don't sign players before the window shuts.

Deulofeu was there 2 seasons ago, Henen is a youth player and if we lose the first 4 or 5 what good is it bringing them in then?

Mtypical attitude as to why we are just a mediocre bog standard run of the mill club because fans seem to accept the shite we get served season in season out by an under achieving board!!

I could and have accepted it n the past. If we have no money I don't want us to risk the future or safety of the club but teams like Bournmouth, Weat Ham, Swansea, Stoke to name a few are pissing all over us in the transfer market, all stealing a march on us, strengthening and closing the gap whilst we sit there and say "I'm glad we don't spend money incase we waste it"

Fucking bollocks. The targets were supposedly identified looooong ago so where the fuck are they?

Don't think I didn't notice. I just ignored it to save my blood pressure :P.

I noticed too, I just chose to ignore him being his usual smart arse self.

Must be easy being chilled and not worrying too much when you don't actually support Everton, you support the manager.

We knew since May that both Alcaraz and Distin would be leaving (possibly before that as Martinez released them) and with 3 days to go before our first game... WE STILL HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANYONE IN TO COVER THE CB POSITION!!!! How shit is that??

He said the same about the number 10 role. We've been working hard since January and are really happy with the progress we've made and have identified our targets he said and 3 days before the Watford game nobodys come in and we're struggling to put a team out. Wtf!!

Edited by Paddock

We knew since May that both Alcaraz and Distin would be leaving (possibly before that as Martinez released them) and with 3 days to go before our first game... WE STILL HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANYONE IN TO COVER THE CB POSITION!!!! How shit is that??

It says to me that stones is going. Buy cheap cover now - or quality cover when he is sold... the fact we haven't bought cheap cover says its the latter.

I noticed too, I just chose to ignore him being his usual smart arse self.

Must be easy being chilled and not worrying too much when you don't actually support Everton, you support the manager.

Bit harsh mate. It was just an attempt at humour...I'm just not good at it haha.

And trust me, you won't find anyone more in love with Everton than me :-)

Club comes before any player or manager ever will.