IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

I'm with Steve on this, Duffy was probably a better CH than both of those young lads, but was shipped out on loan, and then sold !!.

We need experience in central defencewhich is a very important position.

If Duffy was at any other club we would have saw him as bad average. I never understood what people saw in him.

Admittedly he did OK when he came into a poor side. But these two young lads look like they can actually play the ball too.

Why? Why should a kid be bad news for being a back up?

We're in the Premier League not League One. You seriously want to rely on Browning and Galloway at centre half - naive. I imagine you probably rallied behind Duffy when he was here.

The CB argument is pretty simple. Would you rather have Browning/Galloway step in or someone of Alcaraz's quality?

I could go either way but to pretend we could get a quality CB to come in with the understanding that they are 3rd choice at a "mid tier" PL club is madness. Complete madness.

Let's not get so carried away from the negative hysteria of the Kiev game. Alcaraz was a capable defender, injury prone but very experienced.

Browning or Galloway could face aguero one day and get their confidence smashed to pieces. At their stage of development it's not right. At a loan club yeah they can step away, at their parent club the stakes are higher.

We're in the Premier League not League One. You seriously want to rely on Browning and Galloway at centre half - naive. I imagine you probably rallied behind Duffy when he was here.

For back up, yes.

And yeah, I got behind one of our players when he was given a chance and looked half decent. More fool me.

It's gone deathly quiet on the 'new recruits' side of things.

Really hope we show some ambition now and go for some big, experienced players.

It's gone quiet for the other clubs we are always apparently "competing with" for signatures, too. However, we never make our interest public. So, either no other clubs are making a bid of ours public or there aren't any players for the press to fabricate links to.

Quiet is good as far as I'm concerned. The less our fans hear "Everton in the hunt with clubs X, Y, Z for Azerbaijani starlet," see us apparently "miss out" on Azerbaijani starlet's signature, and then subsequently freak out about us not signing anybody, the better. If they have less headlines to get excited about, maybe they'll just shut up for a while.

I think we will nab 2-3 more players before the summer is out. And, I think we will find out about it once the players are en route or after a deal has been agreed, per usual.

We've made two signings and neither one actually improves us - one is a winger replacing a winger we've lost, so no change there, and the other player brought in addresses none of the problems we needed solving. With the start of the season we have I don't think we can afford to wait to make the signings we actually need until transfer deadline day. They need to be in for the first game of the season, and anything extra that might crop up as the window goes along can be left.

I'm getting a little worried tbh.

It's time to stop messing about and spend some money get saido berahino in we need a proven striker.

If we sell stones which is looking likely we could get berahino in plus a centre back.

Berahino would be a beautiful thing. He'd be perfect inter-changing with Rom.

Cost an absolute bomb though....unlesss....we give them Garbutt on Loan and send Kone the other way :D

Edited by tenaciousj

I don't want beriniho anywhere near our club. We need a centre back and a striker and the most important a playmaker. I'm gonna self harm this season if I have to watch Barkley/Naismith in that role. It kills me. What I'd give for a young arteta. I'd go for yarmelenko who can play in behind the front man but as a replacement for kev more likely. I'd go for the lad at City on loan not dzeko, his name escapes me.

I don't want beriniho anywhere near our club. We need a centre back and a striker and the most important a playmaker. I'm gonna self harm this season if I have to watch Barkley/Naismith in that role. It kills me. What I'd give for a young arteta. I'd go for yarmelenko who can play in behind the front man but as a replacement for kev more likely. I'd go for the lad at City on loan not dzeko, his name escapes me.

Jovetic?

It's a morning of rants apparently.

I'm beginning to truly despise the transfer market. The expectations set forth by the fans has become unbearable.

We aren't going to sign a new goalie. We have Howard and Robles.

We aren't going to spend 7-10mil on a backup RB. Coleman is staying. 7-10mil (Byram) buys you a starter not a backup. Hibbert/Browning will be trusted to do the job.

We aren't going to spend 10-20mil on a backup CB. Jags/Stones clear starters. 5mil appropriate backup range. 15mil when Jags leaves maybe. Browning/Galloway trusted.

Set at LB - Baines, Galloway, Garbutt, Oviedo

Set at CM - Gibson/Cleverley/McCarthy/Besic/Barry/Osman

W - McGeady/Oviedo/Mirallas/Deulofeu/Pienaar

AM - Barkley/McAleny

ST - Lukaku/Naismith/Kone

The only realistic things that can happen until the deadline are:

Cheap cover CB (Free-4mil)

Sell Stones for 35mil buy CB, AM, ST that add up to no more than 50mil

Sell McGeady buy winger for 5-7mil

Sell Mirallas buy winger for 7-12mil

Buy AM for 7-10mil

Sell Kone buy striker for 5-10mil

And as the transfer market has shown, typically less than half of those things will occur.

In my opinion the biggest need is another striker. Cover for lukaku mostly but it also allows you to chase games late. Right now if we are losing by 1 we cant even really go to 4-4-2 and have any tangible effect on the game. Kone is so bad it wont change a thing. Need a 2nd striker to come off the bench and change the game.

It's a morning of rants apparently.

I'm beginning to truly despise the transfer market. The expectations set forth by the fans has become unbearable.

We aren't going to sign a new goalie. We have Howard and Robles.

We aren't going to spend 7-10mil on a backup RB. Coleman is staying. 7-10mil (Byram) buys you a starter not a backup. Hibbert/Browning will be trusted to do the job.

We aren't going to spend 10-20mil on a backup CB. Jags/Stones clear starters. 5mil appropriate backup range. 15mil when Jags leaves maybe. Browning/Galloway trusted.

Set at LB - Baines, Galloway, Garbutt, Oviedo

Set at CM - Gibson/Cleverley/McCarthy/Besic/Barry/Osman

W - McGeady/Oviedo/Mirallas/Deulofeu/Pienaar

AM - Barkley/McAleny

ST - Lukaku/Naismith/Kone

The only realistic things that can happen until the deadline are:

Cheap cover CB (Free-4mil)

Sell Stones for 35mil buy CB, AM, ST that add up to no more than 50mil

Sell McGeady buy winger for 5-7mil

Sell Mirallas buy winger for 7-12mil

Buy AM for 7-10mil

Sell Kone buy striker for 5-10mil

And as the transfer market has shown, typically less than half of those things will occur.

In my opinion the biggest need is another striker. Cover for lukaku mostly but it also allows you to chase games late. Right now if we are losing by 1 we cant even really go to 4-4-2 and have any tangible effect on the game. Kone is so bad it wont change a thing. Need a 2nd striker to come off the bench and change the game.

It's like we've gone through the stages of grief reading through the forum and finally hit acceptance this transfer window.

Roberto never said there would be a mass of signings,apart from back up centreback cover we are no weaker than last season.

If anyone leaves they have to be replaced and I think there will be contingency plans for this.

With all this talk about a number 10 where does everyone see Barkley? should he be played deeper to get more involved?

I can see a few players going out on loan maybe Garbutt and Galloway with maybe a loan coming in.

Roberto never said there would be a mass of signings,apart from back up centreback cover we are no weaker than last season.

If anyone leaves they have to be replaced and I think there will be contingency plans for this.

With all this talk about a number 10 where does everyone see Barkley? should he be played deeper to get more involved?

I can see a few players going out on loan maybe Garbutt and Galloway with maybe a loan coming in.

Yes deeper replace Barry and run box to box. His quickness and ability to transistion make him valuable deep. McCarthy can stay the destroyer.

Yes deeper replace Barry and run box to box. His quickness and ability to transistion make him valuable deep. McCarthy can stay the destroyer.

For now. I can see Barkley going AMC in a couple of years once he's learnt to release the ball quicker