IGNORED

Barclay's Asia Trophy 2015 - Everton vs. Stoke

Lowensda

Look at the team sheet. McAleny wasn't listed in the squad despite making the trip. Don't tell me he injured himself in training? Or is Martinez rotating the squad?

Can only make 6 subs in these matches. He is probably just less important to our plans than players who need to prepare for the season as regulars in our squad. I'm sure he will see further action in the remainder of the preseason though.

Can only make 6 subs in these matches. He is probably just less important to our plans than players who need to prepare for the season as regulars in our squad. I'm sure he will see further action in the remainder of the preseason though.

Agreed. What's the point in playing the same players in every pre-season match? It's the time for experimentation and learning about the entire squad.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Just watched the game, nothing to get excited about if I'm honest.

I know it was only a friendly and shouldn't judge some players but......Pienaar and Hibbert need to be moved on and replaced.

They really struggled out there today and was it was painful to watch.

Liked Jags, Stones, Galloway, Browning and Cleverley.

Lukaku deserved a goal for the effort he put in, also get the feeling he will fall out with Gerry if he keeps making runs without getting the ball.

Only a friendly I know but at least Saturdays all about a final with a few beers.

Agreed. What's the point in playing the same players in every pre-season match? It's the time for experimentation and learning about the entire squad.

Fair enough, but a few youngsters I've never seen before (Antonee Robinson) were named to the team sheet.

Nice 3.30 ko here and I'll have no problem finding a bar showing it now it's Arse playing. Hopefully there are one or two more Blues around to join up with.

I absolutely love being away on hols when football is on.

Favourite memories:-

WC 1998 in Tenerife - watching england v columbia and england v argentina - plus numerous other games and having beer!!!

WC 2006 in cyprus - perfect times for beer o'clock

There is just something ace about it - enjoy Mike

Watched the metalist away game in magaluf at the bar just round the corner from the hotel..Mrs fucked off on the beach and I was sat with another evertonian...was brilliant...weirdly I saw him 3 weeks later at the ground..was a season ticket holder in the park end as well..Small world!

Fair enough, I'm just used to Sky being on everywhere!

That was the reason the site wasn't showing it live then? They were saying during the Swindon game it would be shown with a 4 hour delay because its a Premiership competition...

Nice 3.30 ko here and I'll have no problem finding a bar showing it now it's Arse playing. Hopefully there are one or two more Blues around to join up with.

Sneaking down to Bournemouth for the weekend so hopefully it's on somewhere there!

Nothing like footy abroad I agree.

Then again when the suns out Costa del Bournemouth is like being abroad.....just less northerners ;-)