IGNORED

Predict our result: 2015/16 season

Cornish Steve

Congratulations to ForEverton2 for winning this weekend - and coming very close to a perfect 10. If only Lukaku had scored before Barkley.... With one week left, mogsy holds a comfortable lead for the month of November. Blue250 maintains a slim lead for the season and for points per prediction.

Nov%2021_zpsyjqbzvrw.jpg

Hey Steve just a quick question not a moan:-).

My 1 nil with Mori to score first gets 2 points.

Pete's 3-0 nil Mori to score first gets 3 points?

1 nil or 3 neither got the 4 so how do these scores differ? sorry Pete if you get deducted, this is a serious competition ;-).

1 nil or 3 neither got the 4 so how do these scores differ? sorry Pete if you get deducted, this is a serious competition ;-).

He got the "better than average" point :).

Mike gave the reason.

Take a look at those whose names are highlighted in green. Their predictions were "better than the average prediction." I introduced this last year to reward those who predict close to the actual score but who otherwise might not be rewarded for that. In the example you quotes, 3-0 was closer to the actual score than was 1-0, so Pete secured an extra point.

Here's how it works. I find the average score predicted by everyone and calculate the deltas from the actual score. If the sum of your two deltas are less than the sum of those two deltas, you get the extra point. For example, if the average predicted score is 2.7-1.2 and the actual score is 3-0, the sum of the deltas is 1.5. If you predicted 2-0 (sum of deltas being 1.0), you get the extra point. If you predicted 1-0, your deltas total 2.0 and you're outside the average deltas. Does that make sense?

Mike gave the reason.

Take a look at those whose names are highlighted in green. Their predictions were "better than the average prediction." I introduced this last year to reward those who predict close to the actual score but who otherwise might not be rewarded for that. In the example you quotes, 3-0 was closer to the actual score than was 1-0, so Pete secured an extra point.

Here's how it works. I find the average score predicted by everyone and calculate the deltas from the actual score. If the sum of your two deltas are less than the sum of those two deltas, you get the extra point. For example, if the average predicted score is 2.7-1.2 and the actual score is 3-0, the sum of the deltas is 1.5. If you predicted 2-0 (sum of deltas being 1.0), you get the extra point. If you predicted 1-0, your deltas total 2.0 and you're outside the average deltas. Does that make sense?

Cheers Steve. So what you're saying is I have to improve on my delta's ;-).

Seriously though thanks for clearing that up.