IGNORED

where are we going this year?

I think everything depends on how we defend. Once the individual errors and lapses at set pieces really started to cost us points last season, it sucked confidence out of us all over the pitch (I thought we still played some decent stuff til about November). The worry is that the drop in tempo was Martinez's answer to the defensive problems, reduce risks rather than work on some actual defensive strategies. If we play that way again we'll do well to make the top half. My hope is we start solid, concede few and grind out a few results, and from that platform find some confidence and start living up to the school of science song again.

I just want us to play high tempo stuff. Hopefully if we buy a playmaker that is happy to receive the ball in all areas that will speed up our play. Our tendency to overplay i think is we dont have the player that can dictate and dominate a game through his class. I want a player that can disguise a pass and glide past a player. Obviously players like that cost money but thats where we should be concentrating on. Mcarthy and hopefully kev signing on makes me more hopeful. i still think our first eleven or potential first eleven is better than Spurs and the shite

I think a big factor in playing at a higher tempo is being prepared to knock it direct to Lukaku. I know people criticise his touch but he just loves it 1-1 with a defender so he can use his pace and strength, he'll pick up his own second balls if he feels he's in a scrap. Doing that turns defences and creates chances for the midfield to push up near the final third, rather than mincing around in their own half waiting for the perfect opening that barely ever comes. I'm convinced if we played 4-3-3 with Barkley, McCarthy and Cleverley and used Rom as a pivot we'd improve enormously. Can I see Martinez go direct? The 13/14 version did, last year, not a chance.

We won't be in a relegation scrap far from it imo

We've just played a newly promoted side which is always uncharted territory granted we didn't play very well

We need to bring in three possibly four players that can change the dynamic of the side Shaqiri Lennon and a different type of forward ie a Hernandez type would be ideal but we'll have to see

Either way I'd expect us to finish in the top ten I'd stump for 8/9th

We're going the exact same place we did last season if today is anything to go by. Nothing different to last season.

It was the same side or as good as mate. It was only ever going to be the same shit different day. We're desperate for new players and they all should have been in and settled for today.

By the way Watford had 6 new starters today including 3 of their defence.

We should have twatted them.

It was the same side or as good as mate. It was only ever going to be the same shit different day. We're desperate for new players and they all should have been in and settled for today.

By the way Watford had 6 new starters today including 3 of their defence.

We should have twatted them.

I don't care about the personnel, that's not really the problem. It's the tactics and style of play. Too fucking slow. No one moving. No creativity. What the fuck did we work on over the summer? Fuck. All.

After today's performance, in the bottom half and if we don't bring some players in, we might be in the Championship. As someone on twitter said, "If you aren't better than a newly promoted side at home on the first weekend of the season, who are you going to be better than?"

After today's performance, in the bottom half and if we don't bring some players in, we might be in the Championship. As someone on twitter said, "If you aren't better than a newly promoted side at home on the first weekend of the season, who are you going to be better than?"

Daft comment. The last time you want to play newly promoted sides is on the first day of the season; hiding to nothing, said it before the fixtures came out.

Daft comment. The last time you want to play newly promoted sides is on the first day of the season; hiding to nothing, said it before the fixtures came out.

I agree, but on twitter optastats today posted non of the last 9 promoted teams have won. D2 L7.

The issue is the manager. Full stop.

Agreed. If we played direct we would have had that match. They parked the bus and countered. If we had attacked and didn't have the high line it would have opened the game up more and they would have had to attack and we'd have had more space.

With our schedule Roberto Needs to change it up or he will be gone. I caught myself wishing for moyes today.

I agree, but on twitter optastats today posted non of the last 9 promoted teams have won. D2 L7.

That may well be the case for the last three years but I think it would be a statistical anomaly if you dug a bit deeper. I'd rather have played Chelsea today.

Watford will be in a relegation battle. We won't.

The issue is the manager. Full stop.

Maybe, maybe not. We don't fully know if Martinez has or hasn't been backed this summer. Maybe he had already identified targets but not been allowed to get them in early. Maybe he's delayed any dealings intentionally. Tactically, it's easy to point the finger at Martinez but none of us know the full story.

What I will add is, Jagielka, McCarthy and Mirallas have bought into what Martinez is doing and Deulofeu and Cleverley have chosen us with other options available. I for one won't judge until the window is closed and we can see what hand we've actually got.

I don't care about the personnel, that's not really the problem. It's the tactics and style of play. Too fucking slow. No one moving. No creativity. What the fuck did we work on over the summer? Fuck. All.

You missed the point. It's the entire same fucking set up. Same shit managers, shit backroom staff, same players not wanting to play for him, not giving a fuck . EXACTLY the same personel right accross the board AND no new faces to be able to even try snd change it.

Maybe, maybe not. We don't fully know if Martinez has or hasn't been backed this summer. Maybe he had already identified targets but not been allowed to get them in early. Maybe he's delayed any dealings intentionally. Tactically, it's easy to point the finger at Martinez but none of us know the full story.

What I will add is, Jagielka, McCarthy and Mirallas have bought into what Martinez is doing and Deulofeu and Cleverley have chosen us with other options available. I for one won't judge until the window is closed and we can see what hand we've actually got.

The shit board didn't phase moyes, he was still able to get the team to perform (without half of them injured).

That may well be the case for the last three years but I think it would be a statistical anomaly if you dug a bit deeper. I'd rather have played Chelsea today.

Watford will be in a relegation battle. We won't.

I was surprised tbh, I'd bet you're right. I'd would have preferred Sunderland or west ham.

Relegation battle or not I'm just bored of Martinez. Overly positive and stubborn to the point of madness. He looks noticeably drained, Everton is a job too far for him.

MJB wasn't an Everton fan in the Moyes era so wouldn't have been aware of any of that.

Lol you writin my biography mike?

I most certainly was a fan during moyes reign, hence why I said earlier I found myself wanting him back during the match but then caught myself. We would have been up 2-1 or 2-0 but then sat back and defended for the last 20 minutes with strikers and midfielders being taken off for defensive players. Ross Barkley can't get a match but hitzlsperber and Phil Neville get sent on and we just pray nothing goes in as we are attacked non stop.

My point was fairness in assessing the 2 managers. Moyes didn't have 30 mil to drop on a striker, so I'm not buying the RM doesn't get money line, moyes never did and he did fine. Blame injuries, rm himself, players, but rm doesn't get to blame the board.