IGNORED

Norwich City (League Cup Home)

markjazzbassist

I'm really excited for this. Big match and full strength for me. McCarthy needs a rest and if baines is fit I'd like to see him get some time. Finally a home league cup match. COYB

Robles

Coleman stones Mori Galloway/baines (if fit)

Gibson cleverley

Gerry Barkley mirallas

Lukaku

Edited by markjazzbassist

I'm really excited for this. Big match and full strength for me. McCarthy needs a rest and if baines is fit I'd like to see him get some time. Finally a home league cup match. COYB

Robles

Coleman stones Mori Galloway/baines (if fit)

Gibson cleverley

Gerry Barkley mirallas

Lukaku

I'd keep McCarthy as a starter and bring Gibson on a bit later. There's no way he will finish a game. I'd go with Romeys comment too, bring Kone in for Rom.

Why does Rom need dropping? The days of dropping him to get him going are gone for me. I thought he was OK yesterday, I would have liked to have seen the energy and power we seen against Liverpool.

I think he knows he's got gears, second gear ain't enough and he knows that. Yesterday was third gear which I don't think we've seen much of. It's either top gear or second usually.

Someone said last night that if we got Rooney you would see Rom be the player we witnessed against Liverpool and that's because Rooney would be at him non stop.

I'd play him, he's a big lad and needs to play. He like Rooney seem to put on 5 pounds just by sitting on the bench.

I certainly didn't say drop him! It's just be good to give him a breather because he has a heavy work load being our main striker. And it gives Kone a chance up front to see if he can find his shooting boots.

If it's not looking good after an hour send Lukaku on.

exactly, plus considering his work rate in the last 3 games (United in particular) a breather is well earned.

I don't like dropping a player in form mind you, so I'm a bit torn.

Alright revised lineup

Robles

Coleman stones Mori Galloway/baines

Gibson cleverley

Gerry Barkley mirallas

Kone

Gibson off at 60'/70' for besic (if healthy) or McCarthy.

I'd be fine playing the same side add lukaku the next weekend. Cleverley and Gibson know a tackle but both can attack and pick a pass forward unlike McCarthy and even Barry of late.

exactly, plus considering his work rate in the last 3 games (United in particular) a breather is well earned.

I don't like dropping a player in form mind you, so I'm a bit torn.

2 hard working prem games and a 3rd so so and he gets a rest? He's 22... not 34 like Barry.

He needs to play every game. Provided he's worthy of it. If he gets a 2 week break he looks like he needs a pre season.

I thought dropping him is the best way to get a response, for me it's not a good model.

2 hard working prem games and a 3rd so so and he gets a rest? He's 22... not 34 like Barry.

He needs to play every game. Provided he's worthy of it. If he gets a 2 week break he looks like he needs a pre season.

I thought dropping him is the best way to get a response, for me it's not a good model.

thought age didn't matter :P

Seriously though, fair point.

For me it's not even about the last two games meaning he needs a rest, it's his overall workload. Let's be honest, he's our only option up front, in the games that really matter he has to play, so any opportunity to give him a bit of a breather should be taken.

Guest Howard's way

Robles

Coleman - Stones - Mori - Galloway

McCarthy - Besic

Barkley

Gerry - Lukaku - Mirallas

Too narrow. Del boy would never track back so we'd be overrun in midfield.... Need to start giving full licence to wingbacks. This meaning play three centre backs.

Too narrow. Del boy would never track back so we'd be overrun in midfield.... Need to start giving full licence to wingbacks. This meaning play three centre backs.

Thats why having the two DM's gives us the flexibility, they plug in and cover the fullbacks when they bomb forward.

The back 3 didnt work against Reading. We haven't used it since then. Baines is critical to it working - I wouldn't risk it till he is back and we have practised it. RM used the 3-5-2 pre season and it wasn't great. We have the centre halves to do it now that we have Mori.

4-3-3 should be more than enough with that attacking talent to get the job done. Gerry put in a good shift against Arsenal and he is working harder.

Guest Howard's way

With jags out now would be the perfect time to try the three. Looking at Juve we could learn a lot.

second this...... I understand it didn't quite work against reading but you can say 4-2-3-1 hasn't worked on all the games we've been beaten this season.

Its a bit experimental and risky for a trophy that we have a chance of winning - has galloway even played as a back 3 centre half yet and who is going to be left wing back?

I'm all for experimenting and trying new things but only if we have that cushion. Plus if Robles is in goal do we want to rock the boat that much...