IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Home)

markjazzbassist

Must win if we want to be in European competition next year. They are above us in the table and Pardew has them playing well. Bolasie and Zaha are both skilled and fast wingers so we'll need baines and Coleman to be at their best to combat them.

Howard

Coleman stones Mori baines

McCarthy Barry

Gerry Barkley Kone

Lukaku

This is a home match, let's make Goodison a feared ground again, COYB!

Mirallas

Haha, I knew it would be. Well if he can improve us over kone then I would say yes but I don't think it's as simple as that, kone has given us the ability to link up play.

People have been waiting for him to fail but he's not a bad player, in fact he's very good. I think an on form mirallas is a benefit for any side, let's see if he is there.

Haha, I knew it would be. Well if he can improve us over kone then I would say yes but I don't think it's as simple as that, kone has given us the ability to link up play.

People have been waiting for him to fail but he's not a bad player, in fact he's very good. I think an on form mirallas is a benefit for any side, let's see if he is there.

I wanted Mirallas on for him 10 minutes into the second half against Bournemouth. He'd been brilliant in the first half, definitely one of our best players, but when he went he really went off the cliff. Not blaming him at all, I put the blame firmly on Martinez for it. I still can't believe he left him out there to "die".

I wanted Mirallas on for him 10 minutes into the second half against Bournemouth. He'd been brilliant in the first half, definitely one of our best players, but when he went he really went off the cliff. Not blaming him at all, I put the blame firmly on Martinez for it. I still can't believe he left him out there to "die".

I would like to know what his training schedule is, my guess is that he recovers from the game and sits on a bike and does ball work.

That would explain his inability to do a full 90. Some people will never accept that he is a good player - he just hasn't got that "appeal".

Completely agree, how was knackered and needed to come off.

He's been a huge bonus this year and I don't want him run into the ground before xmas. Martinez needs to look after him much better than he did yesterday.

Guest rusty747

Looking at the fixtures of the teams above and around us, combined with the fact that we don't play until Monday evening, this is a must win game to stay in touch with the top six. Anything less than three points and I think we will see us drift away and end up scrapping for those 7th to 10th positions for a while.

And we are better than that. But we do need to turn the performance into a result.

Looking at the fixtures of the teams above and around us, combined with the fact that we don't play until Monday evening, this is a must win game to stay in touch with the top six. Anything less than three points and I think we will see us drift away and end up scrapping for those 7th to 10th positions for a while.

And we are better than that. But we do need to turn the performance into a result.

I couldn't agree more. Palace is trying to mount a top 4 challenge as well and I feel this is a good test to see if we have what it takes to knock off middle competition or if we are middle competition.

Guest rusty747

So now we are 11th with a game in hand on most of the teams above us. If we had won at Bournemouth we would have been 6th with a game in hand on all of the teams above us.

Anything other than a win v Palace and we will be scrapping for the 'best of the rest' title again.

If we win then we will be 6th or 7th depending on Newcastle's result tomorrow and can keep looking up the league rather than over our shoulders.

So now we are 11th with a game in hand on most of the teams above us. If we had won at Bournemouth we would have been 6th with a game in hand on all of the teams above us.

Anything other than a win v Palace and we will be scrapping for the 'best of the rest' title again.

If we win then we will be 6th or 7th depending on Newcastle's result tomorrow and can keep looking up the league rather than over our shoulders.

Must win for me. 6th or 7th and were close to te pack. City lost United drew Spurs drew it's still wide open and we need to gain ground.

I hope RM plays a strong 11

Hope this doesn't have the stench of a couple of seasons ago. Blusty night and we came a cropper. Bolasie out but puncheon and zaha came cause real problems down our left side of defence. Do we play Galloway who has a couple of iffy games but Nethertheless outstanding or baines who won't be match fit but will cause more problems going forward. I'd play Baines and hope we go for it and smash em

Guest rusty747

Agreed. The old lady has to be rocking for this one. If we (sorry, you, I will be in Cape town) can create that big match atmosphere and get the players really up for it then I can see us winning easily. But if Palace manage to quiten the crowd and the frustration starts to build then I can see us getting beat.

Palace don't draw games. They have either won or lost every game this season, bar one.

If Baines is fit he has to start

Agreed. Galloway will get his arse handed to him again if he plays I fear.

We must start the game well, we can't afford to let Palace get a head of steam because they're hard to stop once they get going being that they've got pace in bucketloads. Sick of watching us start games slowly; we're at home so lets control it from the off and play to win from the start.

Guest rusty747

After the Newcastle result we now have an opportunity to make amends for last weeks cock up. Three points and we are a solid sixth with winnable games to come.

I can't get to Goodison but make it a special night under the lights lads.