IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

I'm sure you've got a long list of candidates to put forward.

I did mate (2012 to be exact), most of the ones I previously stated are now the managers of;

Borrussia Dortmund (Tuchel)

Liverpool (Klopp)

Sevilla (Emery)

Ajax (De Boer)

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/24612-if-moyes-goes/?p=315489

The again, what the fuck do I know.

Edit: Same thread, slightly later (2013)

Ottmar Hitzfield

Otto Rehhagel

Dick Advocaat - I admit, this one may have been an error in hindsight but at the time, had a fantastic record.

Slaven Bilic

Juan Ignacio Martinez

Thomas Tuchel - my favoured choice

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/24612-if-moyes-goes/?p=328886

Edited by Lowensda

Several posters on today's Liverpool thread have said Martinez should do the honorable thing and resign. Although painful, this may be the best path forward, both for Wembley and next season.

There's no likely scenario in which we can beat ManU with Roberto in charge. The injuries, the chaotic non-defending, multiple players who work for 20 minutes, then just give up.

But I'll be shocked if he either resigns or is fired before Wembley. He is so self-deluded that he may simply not be capable of seeing how nearly universally he is regarded, and now publicly referred to, as an embarrassment.

Still, a loss like today's on Saturday, and Surely he will get the sack on Sunday. There will be no reason to let him finish out the season. None. It is inconceivable that he could be our manager next season, in the absence of winning the FA Cup. It is not easy to imagine he will be retained even if we do win the Cup, but it's not literally inconceivable.

The pressure will be nearly unimaginable between now and Saturday night.

Direction......right out the door.

Robot be able to get players up for a Derby

...you have to go.

Take Lukaku with you. He was beyond shit tonight. Wants champions league hahaha fuck off, your just not good enough.

One day you may be, but at the moment your not.

Martinez, out of your depth. Nice guy and I applaud you for trying. But sorry your not the right person for the job.

For some time now, studio commentators on NBCSN have spoken frankly about how Martinez is incompetent, without (quite) using that word. Discussing the very same, obvious, issues we've talked about for weeks/months on TT, they are embarrassed that he is so embarrassing. And these are men who have worked with, and personally like, Martinez when he worked the last two World Cups.

I have read plenty of newspaper accounts from commentators in England saying the same things.

There are two very upbeat stories in the EPL this season: Leicester and Spurs. One other major unexpected story: the relative weakness of the usual candidates to win the league.

And two embarrassing stories: Aston Villa and Everton.

Edited by Elston Gunnn

I did say keep him till the end of the season, and see if he could turn it around, that he was close to doing something really good at Everton. Its a hard thing to realise that someone you believed in turned out not what you hoped for, expected or needed. Martinez golden era seems now nothing more than a cruel mirage that turned out to be Iron Pyrite.

After this fiasco I now believe he has to go and before the FA Cup semifinal. We must have a manager who can give the players some confidence and belief. For me I would let either Ferguson or Unsworth manage till the end of the season.

Martinez has to go not because we lost 4 - 0, its because the players had no confidence when we went out, had no belief and looked so disjointed. Its clear that he has lost the dressing room, because if you cant get an Everton Team to come out and fight and play as one for a derby then you have lost the dressing room.

Its also because he clearly has lost the plot, how can he have a match squad with no substitute center backs in it? I don't even do that in Football Manager!

He is a man in pain and suffering, out of his depth and we should do the only thing, the decent thing, end his suffering and ours, sack him in the morning.

I'd not give credit to Moyes for the defense, we were rubbish at the back the last couple of seasons. Especially from set pieces. Plus how come the old regime would only effect one season? For me the fitness coaches is a big one though.

The nonsense is cringe worthy, I'd happily see him go if he actually believes it and doesn't make an effort to change. I don't think Martinez needs sacking, he needs to evolve tactically and stop the bs.

Only City, Arsenal and Chelsea conceded less goals than us in Moyes' last season so we were definitely not rubbish . They were extremely well drilled under Moyes and that skill set and organisation doesn't just fade away overnight , to answer your question about the old regime

Totally agree with the lack of fitness but this cunt needs fucking off as soon as is humanly possible

I would take Moyes back in a fucking heartbeat NOW!

He looks like he's set for Celtic but the way he refused to answer if he'd like this job leads me to believe he's certainly thought about it

of course he wants the job. better players than he had and he sees if he just hires a fitness coach and plays defense we could be top 7 and in europe. add to that moshiri and 100m kitty and who wouldn't want the gig?

I would take Moyes back in a fucking heartbeat NOW!

He looks like he's set for Celtic but the way he refused to answer if he'd like this job leads me to believe he's certainly thought about it

Why moyes??? Seriously there is a shit load of managers out there who never went 11 years in charge of us without getting one win at anfield.

Why moyes??? Seriously there is a shit load of managers out there who never went 11 years in charge of us without getting one win at anfield.

I'm an avid Moyes supporter always was, he got the shitty end of the stick but kept us on the right path.

I'm an avid Moyes supporter always was, he got the shitty end of the stick but kept us on the right path.

a stable path, no real continued progression but didn't take us back. The right path is to first place, and as much as I liked and defended him, he's not the right guy.

If we want an interim, go for Hiddink. Hell do the same

Job, if not better.

a stable path, no real continued progression but didn't take us back. The right path is to first place, and as much as I liked and defended him, he's not the right guy.

If we want an interim, go for Hiddink. Hell do the same

Job, if not better.

He took us as far as could be reasonably expected without the financial clout to break the glass ceiling

I personally think we should be aiming higher but Moyes would definitely be a step up from Martinez

Moyes deserves another crack with ££££££

No he does not. To quote Gordon Gekko in Wall Street, Moyes is "Same dog, different fleas".

Martinez cannot get a team to defend, Moyes cannot get a team to play fluid attacking football.

With the squad and the money we will have we can have a chance at challenging for the top 4, so we need a top 4 manager, not a half way house.

No he does not. To quote Gordon Gekko in Wall Street, Moyes is "Same dog, different fleas".

Martinez cannot get a team to defend, Moyes cannot get a team to play fluid attacking football.

With the squad and the money we will have we can have a chance at challenging for the top 4, so we need a top 4 manager, not a half way house.

Totally disagree Moyes had a team that could play beautiful football but he didn't have a £28m centre forward on the end of it

I'm pretty sure Martinez is hurting just as much , the difference is his players couldn't give a fuck

The only reason he'll be hurting is because he knows he's under real pressure. He wasn't hurting the other times when he was trying to feed us bullshit down the screens after other defeats. I saw straight through him in the first season - full of shit. A chancer, a charlatan full of shit talk.

The players don't want to know. I have no sympathy for them but I don't blame them. He's on the same path as Mourinho was. You've lost the players mate.... There's no going back now fuck off.

What the fuck do you know. Lol

Simple...if you can't get your players up for a derby, your fucked.

Tonight was taking shambolic to another level.

And let's not blame it on red cards, injuries or whatever...we were shit before all that.

He'll stay to the end of the season. Then he needs to go. The FA Cup is a nothing subject, we won't get past United.

So frustrated.

Totally disagree Moyes had a team that could play beautiful football but he didn't have a £28m centre forward on the end of it

Ah moyes... all he needed was a striker. You could have given him Pele and the poor bastard would be on the right flank or having his space taken by Tim cahill or fellaini.

If he did then he kept them well hidden!

Don't get me wrong I am a Moyes fan, he picked us up when we were rock bottom and gave us our dignity back. We had some great times with him and he will go down as a very good manager for us.

If we are honest we can remember at Moyes's not having the tactical nouse against the top teams, the poor substitutions, the playing favorites, the bewildering team selections. Above all that though is his attitude against the top teams that we could mot win against them. We want to be beyond that and alas Moyes never will be.