IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

You brought it back with you!

I'm saying/typing stuff very light hearted and calm by the way gents, so don't be getting all angry and upset because you read something in the wrong manner.

All is good. Just different views on 2 failures at a failing club with a miserable fan base.

You don't have to explain. Part of the funs gauging how annoyed a poster is

I'm shit at that bit though.

Everyone should have to explain.

I won that one by the way lads. Thank you. Thank you very much.

Did you fuck, you started off like Roberto with some excellent points but as you went on you fucked it up by comparing him to Moyes saying both sets of supporters felt the same during first season.

Did you fuck, you started off like Roberto with some excellent points but as you went on you fucked it up by comparing him to Moyes saying both sets of supporters felt the same during first season.

Nah. Not having that. Been misquoted haven't I? Misunderstood.

I'm dead right. A winner.

Dunc... moyes never had Barry, mccarthy, Deulofeu, lukaku, nor did he play stones or barkley. That's over 50% of the first team changed... how can that be moyes???

I find it strange that you are still going on about that one. Sometimes a shift in mentality is all that's needed and that's what happened.

Sorry I should have worded it better, it was on the back of Moyse' defence and organisation. Martinez added the attacking flair but as he has stamped his impression on the team he has eroded the defensive solidity

I find it strange you still can't recognise that

Sorry I should have worded it better, it was on the back of Moyse' defence and organisation. Martinez added the attacking flair but as he has stamped his impression on the team he has eroded the defensive solidity

I find it strange you still can't recognise that

I think, over time, I have had to accept that. Kind of...not fully...but, yeah, along those lines.

Martinez approach was also fresh for the players after having Moyes for so long.

Martinez big mistake is not being able to see he did it wrong and asking those senior players what exactly changed. He could have fixed it if he allowed himself to.

Stones hardly played in the successful season it was Distin and Jags. Deulofeu was used of the bench. So there's your 50% gone.

It was Moyes back four, well drilled and organised that allows players in forward areas to flourish. Everybody knows that. Martinez added his attacking tactics to Moyes well drilled back four that's why it was successful.

However, Moyes final season we also played some great stuff.

It was no coincidence we went worse and worse at the back over the length of his contract.

I should have carried on reading before replying to Haf because you answered for me!

Make of it what you will but someone told me the other day McCarthy is not liked by most of the squad and he'll be moved on in the summer.

How true it is I have no idea.

I heard a rumour that him and Barkley came to blows at half time in the last match and that's why Barkley was substituted. Just one of those rumours you hear in the boozer so no idea how much truth there is in it

He was Martinez pet and he has done nothing in the last two years to justify his place in the side so I could see where that would cause friction

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I'm not having that at all, when we have played well it's been with McCarthy in the side. In Martinez first season when Coleman was so good, it was down to his partnership with McCarthy. Coleman pushed forward, McCarthy covered for him. He covered that much ground there were all kinds of memes being posted on Twitter and Facebook about how good he was. He was just as good last season, at the start of this season when we were playing so well it was with McCarthy in the team. When he got injured against Bounemouth we were 2-0 up, and since then we were rubbish. He came back in the side and we won a few again but he could regain his form, the same as everyone else in the side.

The lads job is to stop the other team and to retain possession, do people expect him to be scoring every other week and zipping 40 yard passes around like he's Steven Gerrard? He's not that player. No one expected it from Makelelle, so why from McCarthy?

The notion that Besic could be a better job is just terrifying IMO, that lad can barely pass a ball 20 yards without giving it away, yet he boasts that he doesn't always make a tackle and that he's better going forward.

If you want McCarthy out of the team then it needs be because we've brought in a better player, we have no one in the squad who can do better right now.

I'd love that, most overrated player in the squad.

Along with several other players, I'm reserving judgement on McCarthy until I see him under our next manager. I think our midfield and defense suffered from a lack of coaching and clear roles/responsibilities the past couple of years.

Where will he go? The timing of his sacking is pretty favourable for him. Shortly before the end of the season, I'm sure he'll have some offers left and right. I just don't think it'll be in the EPL necessarily. His record isn't that great is it? Wigan relegated, Everton did way worse than their balancing point (around place 6-7 in the League) Take away the teams with otherworldly budgets (ManU-ManCity-Chelsea-Arsenal-Tottenham-LFC) and Everton is usually the "best of the rest". This season was painfuly bad and the previous one was as well. I don't think there is much place for Martinez in the Premier League, but I can see him go manage a newly promoted team in Spain or an average team in Turkey... that kind of teams.

Anyone who wants to subscribe to them can do so directly. I subscribe to EvertonTV, sure lots do, and sometimes post unusual vids from there on here. No objection to the occasional one, I just think posting everything they ever produce is over the top. You're obviously perfectly capable of contributing your own thoughts :).

Its fine man. I still love you, no worries. Pints your way if I ever visit that small island you fuckin wankers live on.

Here is an idea though: would you be against a specific thread that was devoted to JUST video regarding EFC? Either newsclips, Toffee TV, other fan stuff. etc? I know that there is a fanbase for that stuff here (besides me) and it wouldn't pollute the other proper threads. Just an idea.