IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

There is going to be a hell of a lot of dirt coming out about Martinez, I suspect. I'd love to know what went down with him and the players.

That statement sounded pretty jarg. It made Martinez sound like a bit of a prick. Where did it come from? The Duncan Ferguson page on Facebook is claiming it's real.

It started with the Eto signing, the beginning of the end.

Heard that Pienaar has been fit for nearly three months, Martinez and him have barely spoken for two months. The only players in the team who seemed to still be listening to Martinez in the last month has been Joel, Cleverley and Barry.

Heard that Pienaar has been fit for nearly three months, Martinez and him have barely spoken for two months. The only players in the team who seemed to still be listening to Martinez in the last month has been Joel, Cleverley and Barry.

Let it go Ste, it's over. You can sleep at night (for now) :).

Wasnt a fan of them at first but got to say, glad Chalkie introduced me to them now

Cheers mate. I think they're great Matt. They have been pretty spot on as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not posting them anymore though here because Mr. Mike said I wasn't contributing my own thoughts and just posting these videos, which I disagree with, but I don't want to upset the apple cart. Oh well.

BTW, very good point about Martinez spending a bunch of time in Brazil for the World Cup, and we just went into 14-15 unprepared. I noticed from game one of that season that something was "off". I think that was the beginning of the end. Its been a LONG, LONG haul from that point until now. I remember during the Southampton match when they lost 3-0 that something was clearly wrong, and in a big way.

Let me publicly say this: Thank you Roberto for your service to this club.

Just like marriages and friendships, not every situation works out and we are not all compatible, but EFC gave RM more than a fair shake at this and imo today they made the correct decision (albeit too late for everybody's sake).

COYB.

Cheers mate. I think they're great Matt. They have been pretty spot on as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not posting them anymore though here because Mr. Mike said I wasn't contributing my own thoughts and just posting these videos, which I disagree with, but I don't want to upset the apple cart. Oh well.

BTW, very good point about Martinez spending a bunch of time in Brazil for the World Cup, and we just went into 14-15 unprepared. I noticed from game one of that season that something was "off". I think that was the beginning of the end. Its been a LONG, LONG haul from that point until now. I remember during the Southampton match when they lost 3-0 that something was clearly wrong, and in a big way.

He was actually pretty great with that ESPN coverage. Maybe should have just stayed there

He was actually pretty great with that ESPN coverage. Maybe should have just stayed there

In hindsight? Yes.

But I would bet that even the doubters and naysayers (who were still looking at his past with Wigan) thought that 13-14 was a good first season, had been won over by him (or close), and we were only going to improve upon that position of fifth. Who saw last season coming? Not me. But a bunch of us saw this season coming, that's for sure.

In hindsight? Yes.

But I would bet that even the doubters and naysayers (who were still looking at his past with Wigan) thought that 13-14 was a good first season, had been won over by him (or close), and we were only going to improve upon that position of fifth. Who saw last season coming? Not me. But a bunch of us saw this season coming, that's for sure.

Definitely. And I was just kidding for sure because we were on a high that summer. But between Roberto and Klinsman (I'm a Yank) I would kill for a clean sheet draw at this point

I always supported the club and trusted the board to make the right decision; also played devil's advocate a bit to get some balance on occasion.

Am I happy? No. Everton are playing crap and in the wrong half of the league and our manager has failed. That doesn't make me happy at all; I wanted him to kick on from 13/14, didn't everyone?

Fair enough Mike although i didn't ask about being happy with our football. None of us are happy about that. Again we all wanted Roberto to kick on from his first season which didn't happen. Was merely asking if you were happy that now he's now gone we can move on. The reason i asked? To my knowledge you were the only one still backing him. Never mind

So what exactly is it that Roberto did to turn so many of his players against him?

Players don't suffer fools. If they work 4 days a week training and spend their time doing things that aren't right and on match day thd manager sets them up wrong they get pissed off

Fair enough Mike although i didn't ask about being happy with our football. None of us are happy about that. Again we all wanted Roberto to kick on from his first season which didn't happen. Was merely asking if you were happy that now he's now gone we can move on. The reason i asked? To my knowledge you were the only one still backing him. Never mind

Answered that seven pages back...

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/27581-martinez-direction/page-53&do=findComment&comment=513183

Anyone who wants to subscribe to them can do so directly. I subscribe to EvertonTV, sure lots do, and sometimes post unusual vids from there on here. No objection to the occasional one, I just think posting everything they ever produce is over the top. You're obviously perfectly capable of contributing your own thoughts :).

Just re-reading the announcement, did Roberto walk? Or did the club sack him?

Everton Football Club regrets to announce that Roberto Martinez has left his position as First Team Manager with immediate effect.

Don't mention termination of contract, mutual decision or sacked even.

Did he walk or get the sack do we think?

all the media seems to think its a sacking

Personally I don't need to know how, and we all know why.

In hindsight? Yes.

The 13/14 season was a great season but most of us knew that it was built on the back of Moyes' team.

The worry with Roberto was always going to be his track record defensively, Wigan were an absolute shambles at the back and now we know why

I honestly think this is the end of the line for Martinez, his failings have been exposed to the world and he is too stubborn to change and even if he did swallow his pride I don't think he has it in him to send out an organised team

Dunc... moyes never had Barry, mccarthy, Deulofeu, lukaku, nor did he play stones or barkley. That's over 50% of the first team changed... how can that be moyes???

I find it strange that you are still going on about that one. Sometimes a shift in mentality is all that's needed and that's what happened.

Edited by Hafnia

Dunc... moyes never had Barry, mccarthy, Deulofeu, lukaku, nor did he play stones or barkley. That's over 50% of the first team changed... how can that be moyes???

I find it strange that you are still going on about that one. Sometimes a shift in mentality is all that's needed and that's what happened.

I've never bought into the "13/14 was down to Moyes" theory which most people seem to accept as a given.

Never heard the argument used before when a new manager has come in and done well, ever; be interested if anyone has examples.

If Leicester fail next season will their title be down to Pearson?

Stones hardly played in the successful season it was Distin and Jags. Deulofeu was used of the bench. So there's your 50% gone.

It was Moyes back four, well drilled and organised that allows players in forward areas to flourish. Everybody knows that. Martinez added his attacking tactics to Moyes well drilled back four that's why it was successful.

However, Moyes final season we also played some great stuff.

It was no coincidence we went worse and worse at the back over the length of his contract.

Edited by MC11

Stones hardly played in the successful season it was Distin and Jags. Deulofeu was used of the bench. So there's your 50% gone.

It was Moyes back four, well drilled and organised that allows players in forward areas to flourish. Everybody knows that. Martinez added his attacking tactics to Moyes well drilled back four that's why it was successful.

However, Moyes final season we also played some great stuff.

It was no coincidence we went worse and worse at the back over the length of his contract.

That's pretty much my thoughts in a nutshell.

Don't think anyone has defended him for a while.

He fucked up. Simple as. Good luck to him for what ever comes his way next.

We move on to the next guy. Some still need to move on from Moyes, don't they?!

At the end of the day, it is what it is. He didn't deliver on his promise. Couldn't see his flaws. Got caught out and got sacked.

Now we wait for the next guy to come in. Is everyone going to be happy with the next guy? Doubt it. Look at the comments...can't be a league winner in a 'lesser league' because he's not good enough. Can't be a bloke from a smaller club in England because he's not won anything. Can't be a proven winner because he won't be interested. Can't be a young bloke because he's inexperienced. Can't be an old bloke because we want more than a few years.