IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

Forgot to add that I still think it's unlikely. My point was that it's not totally out of the question either, depends also a lot on what Moshiri can promise the new gaffer. There's an interesting project for sure. Plenty of promise in the team.

I think Lampard was only 23, 24 max, when Jose went to Chelsea and convinced him he was the best midfielder in the world, and he played like it too.

In being specific, with Joses sit back and counter style of play you have to be organised at the back. One thing we currently are not, I think this would improve Stones no end. You have to be quick in transition, which suits Geri, breaking like that would be great for Barkley too, though his speed of decision would have to improve. I also think fast counter attacking like that is perfect for Rom, see some of his best goals for us on the break. And every player has to defend, so Barkley would have to tackle.

Apart from hoping he could do for Ross what he did for Lampard, I'm basing the rest on the style of play he brings rather than his track record of improving youngsters.

I also think the siege mentality he brings to a club would be great for our non atmosphere at Goodison Park, the crowd would love him.

Realistically though, won't happen, even though I think if United don't want him he would consider us, and would raise out profile massively, but we'll still have Roberto and carry on being nice old soft Everton who everyone likes. If we had Jose everyone would hate us, and fear us.

That makes more sense then.

Yeah I don't think he is one to be bringing youngsters through. But then our young lads are already first team quality. I really think Jose would be perfect for us in every way, but I just don't think even if Roberto went Kenwright would consider him. Moshiri on the other hand we have no idea.

Would love Biesla here a great character who wouldn't pussy foot around and knows what he wants from his players

Definitely very high on my list but not sure if there's any truth in it

Don't really know about this cat - can you elaborate on what type of manager he is? Thx

I don't know too much about the international market for managers but here are the qualities I think we need from the next manager: 1. He's got to be accountable for performance. RM never takes any blame when the players aren't their best. It's on the manager to get that out of them. 2. He's got to have a clear vision of what he wants from his players and play players in positions where they can best succeed. 3. He's got to be able to develop young players and grow their confidence. Lukaku, Barkley, Stones, and Geri are all young and yet to fulfill their potential. The next guy has to help them reach their potential.

If the next guy can do those three things, I'll support him.

Guest rusty747

Can someone draw out out current team in this 3331 formation he uses?

I don't know what way this lines up.

Robles

Stones. Jags. Mori

Coleman. Barry. Baines

Deulefeu. Barkley. Mirallas

Lukaku

Just a guess

Can someone draw out out current team in this 3331 formation he uses?

I don't know what way this lines up.

Robles

Coleman Mori baines

Lennon besic Oviedo

Barkley

Gerry Lukaku Mirallas

The defensive mid is the starter of attack so they need to be a good passer hence besic over McCarthy. Barry isn't fast enough for this system I wouldn't think. He prefers athletic defensive mids converted to his centre back I think Mori is fast big and able to pass. I don't see jags fitting in, stones maybe right centre back since he is fast and can pass.

Edited by markjazzbassist

That was what I was thinking too, but it just seems like 541 to me, not like reinventing the wheel.

I was wrong it's 3313 in attack and morphs into 343 at times. He's all about the flanks so wing backs and wingers are important. He also isn't about traditional centre backs he likes defensive mids at centre back so they can be super athletic since its a high defensive line.

Super attacking and super high press defense. Poetchino is a disciple at Spurs.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Robles

Coleman Mori baines

Lennon besic Oviedo

Barkley

Gerry Lukaku Mirallas

The defensive mid is the starter of attack so they need to be a good passer hence besic over McCarthy. Barry isn't fast enough for this system I wouldn't think. He prefers athletic defensive mids converted to his centre back I think Mori is fast big and able to pass. I don't see jags fitting in, stones maybe right centre back since he is fast and can pass.

That line up looks horrendous,we would leak even more goals than we do already

If Mourinho would even consider Valencia then we would defo have a chance.

For me he would be the one manager who would get the most out of our big four young players.

Mourinho has already unloaded Lukaku once. He's notorious for having favourite 'types' of player, Rom's face just doesn't fit with him, and I doubt Barkley's would either given the fact the lad cannot defend to save his life.

Also, Mourinho just doesn't bring kids through. I'd rather have a Van Gaal or Klopp type who base their whole philosophy around developing players from a young age. There's a lot of young talent at our club that would never get a look in under Mourinho.

Great news! I like Biesla and put him as someone I wanted in the who to replace Martinez thread. he won't have the issues he had at Marseille because we can keep our players and he will have finances to buy players.

3331 could be nice as well. Really excited about this.

Bielsa is a maverick, no way of predicting whether he will do well or fail. Loved what he did at Bilboa, from all accounts worked miracles at Newells Old Boys and his philosophy there is what Pochettino bases his approach on.

Would be a huge gamble imo. He'd be very likely to clear out a huge chunk of our squad for not fitting into his ultra fitness, high-press demands - and I'm talking Barkley, Lukaku, Geri in that, just not in his mould at all. On the other hand, it would be exciting to see what he could do with Besic, McCarthy, Lennon, Coleman, Cleverley, plus the likes of Walsh, Ledson, Garbutt who are the sort of young, hungry, high energy players he has made a career turning into top players.

Bielsa is a maverick, no way of predicting whether he will do well or fail. Loved what he did at Bilboa, from all accounts worked miracles at Newells Old Boys and his philosophy there is what Pochettino bases his approach on.

Would be a huge gamble imo. He'd be very likely to clear out a huge chunk of our squad for not fitting into his ultra fitness, high-press demands - and I'm talking Barkley, Lukaku, Geri in that, just not in his mould at all. On the other hand, it would be exciting to see what he could do with Besic, McCarthy, Lennon, Coleman, Cleverley, plus the likes of Walsh, Ledson, Garbutt who are the sort of young, hungry, high energy players he has made a career turning into top players.

Lukaku I can understand as he doesn't strike me as a Bielsa type centre forward (except for his physique). Niasse looks more like it assuming he is any good. But Barkley doesn't look like someone why shys away from hard work. Deulofeu is also physically a decent fit (Bielsa likes his players to have pace) but whether he's prepared to put in the shift I don't know. Bielsa won't accept him standing with his arms on his hips on the centre-line while the opposition attacks.

Moyes is an easy choice for the Bookies id imagine. I don't know how id feel about him coming back. Personally i think there are better options and id like someone new. In fairness to Moyes though he kept us top 7, a few cup runs and all with no money.

If you read the story it suggests that the story originates from Bielsa's people.

And I'd assume a Moshiri type manager is the one the club is looking from now on. Why should Kenwright have the last say with just over 10% of the shares?

There's a difference between 'should' and 'will'.

Kenwright almost certainly still has as much control as he did before. By all accounts, Moshiri is just the money man (apparently).

I'm 99% that until Moshiri truly has his feet under the desk, Kenwright will still have the largest say when it comes to the manager etc.