IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

I've got no idea who the next guy could be but Mourinho? No chance. His salary would be too much, he spends money like it grows on trees, doesn't develop youth...and we just aren't the right club for him.

I'll have to start looking around because I have no idea who could do it and/or is available.

Do you really see Mourinho giving full control to someone else over player transfers?

Frankly, I have no idea. RM doesn't seem to give managers that power, for instance Pellegrini complained he had no say over transfers and that the team was all wrong. It was a band with 11 guitar players and no drummers, or something to that effect.

Just checked and according to an article in the Guardian Mourinho didn't decide who Chelsea sign: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jul/03/premier-league-transfers-who-decides-club-buys

Frankly, I have no idea. RM doesn't seem to give managers that power, for instance Pellegrini complained he had no say over transfers and that the team was all wrong. It was a band with 11 guitar players and no drummers, or something to that effect.

Just checked and according to an article in the Guardian Mourinho didn't decide who Chelsea sign: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jul/03/premier-league-transfers-who-decides-club-buys

I knew it happened at RM...thought Mourinho 's ego was too big to allow it elsewhere!

Of course and so he should in any club. Think that has been a major issue with the neighbours in the past, signing players that don't really fit the system the manager is using. But that's different to our model where the manager basically has the final say on any transfers as long as the financial constraints are met. During Moyes's time there were a few exceptions (Rooney and Arteta sold to appease the banks) but apart from that manager decides.

But fear not: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/661753/Jose-Mourinho-Manchester-United-Gonzalo-Higuain-PSG-Premier-League-Louis-Van-Gaal-News

Oh yeah, because both Kenwright and Moshiri are gonna sit on a train and discuss it with a random bloke.

It's a nothing story.

I'm feeling the same way. As somebody who's only spent time in London, I'm unfamiliar with longer train rides in England. Wouldn't a random fan generally not have access to the kinds of cars that these uber-rich public figures are sitting in? Or, is there a greater chance of mixture than I as an American would expect?

Furthermore, why would they be using a train? I realize it is significantly more common, but I figure Moshiri as a private jet type.

Edited by JoeQuince

I'm feeling the same way. As somebody who's only spent time in London, I'm unfamiliar with longer train rides in England. Wouldn't a random fan generally not have access to the kinds of cars that these uber-rich public figures are sitting in? Or, is there a greater chance of mixture than I as an American would expect?

Furthermore, why would they be using a train? I realize it is significantly more common, but I figure Moshiri as a private jet type.

Liverpool/London on train is much easier than faffing around at airports. Only two different levels of travel, first class and standard, nothing at all to stop those in standard wandering through first. Years ago you used to be able to do an upgrade once you were on the train for just £3, wasn't advertised much but I did it all the time, probably doesn't exist any more but certainly free movement still does.

UK national distances are minute compared to the US (though I'm sure I don't need to tell you that).

Liverpool/London on train is much easier than faffing around at airports. Only two different levels of travel, first class and standard, nothing at all to stop those in standard wandering through first. Years ago you used to be able to do an upgrade once you were on the train for just £3, wasn't advertised much but I did it all the time, probably doesn't exist any more but certainly free movement still does.

UK national distances are minute compared to the US (though I'm sure I don't need to tell you that).

Thanks for the explanation. It's funny to me how England is very class conscious yet there seems to be less separation between the well-to-do than in the US, where we're all temporarily embarrassed millionaires. I'm assuming the reasons for this are mostly geographic (as you were suggesting) and demographic in England, rather than reflective of significantly better socioeconomic integration.

Thanks for the explanation. It's funny to me how England is very class conscious yet there seems to be less separation between the well-to-do than in the US, where we're all temporarily embarrassed millionaires. I'm assuming the reasons for this are mostly geographic (as you were suggesting) and demographic in England, rather than reflective of significantly better socioeconomic integration.

My word. Can someone translate for a common skint Northerner? I'm only here to discuss Everton and I get that wrong most the time!!!