IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

Plenty, but I was asking why he looks nailed on for the job there. And I never questioned your opinion on you wanting him back here or gave mine on the matter, so what's your point?

Because he's favourite for the job, was all smiles and couldn't help telling everyone how great a club celtic is, he's also an ex player.

The second part of my posts was aimed at anyone who wanted to query me wanting Moyes back including yourself.

2 pounds on Alan Pardew :D

I honestly like pardew but am the only one on here who does. He made a comment about Everton being a small club years ago and that rubbed a lot of people on here the wrong way.

He's not leaving palace though.

Biesla is my favorite, I'd take moyes as a consolation prize but not for the long term. Just short term to shore things up.

Having had time to reflect on last night's debacle, the more I'm convinced that we need to bring someone in who will commit to building a first team from our Academy set up. Martinez gets praised for being 'good with kids', but that's bullshit. He is incapable of coaching them to improve them, Stones and Barkley are shadows of the players they were touted as a year ago and both will be extremely lucky to go to the Euros imo. Meanwhile, Galloway doesn't even get a place on the bench last night even though we were down to two senior centre hals - where's the trust in youth there? Pienaar was looking at Martinez like he'd lost the plot when he brought him on for Stones, the players know it.

From all reports, we have an excellent young crop of players coming through. Martinez will only ruin them, we've lost Stones already and I fear for Barkley, he just looks clueless. We need someone in who will clear the decks - Osman, Gibson, Hibbert, Kone, Howard, Pienaar, and although I like him Mirallas because there's serious questions over his fitness. In fact I'd only keep Coleman, Jagielka, Barry and Baines of the 'old' guard, and then I'd be expecting all four (with the exception of Coleman) to be increasingly back-up players.

Lukaku and Stones won't be at the club next season. That gives us McCarthy, Deulofeu, Mori, Besic, Robles, Barkley, Cleverley, Lennon and (aherm) Niasse plus the four I've mentioned. Scary huh...

To that, we need a manager who will identify the best of the youngsters, and integrate them quickly. We know Galloway can hack it, and I liked the look of Browning, too. Garbutt should be another definite. Then we need someone who will turn the rave reviews Walsh, Ledson, Dowell, Davies etc are getting on loan or in the U21s into first team opportunities for us. Otherwise its just a waste - look at Adam Forshaw, hardly got a kick for us, League One player of the season for Brentford two years ago and now about to get promoted to the Prem with Middlesborough. Frustrates the hell out of me to see talent not given a chance.

Oh, and for all those calling for Mourinho - the biggest mistake Man Utd will make this summer is appoint him. Their U21s have just won the league for a second straight year. Van Gaal will turn them into title contenders. Mourinho will make sure no one ever hears of them.

thanks for reminding everyone how much of a cock you are :)

Why don't you just fuck off and find a forum for Belgian fan boys with no particular allegiance to any club you sad twat.

You come on here with little subtle wind ups because you don't give a shit about Everton. You try and tone it down every now and then but just can't help yourself when a moment like this pops up. Seriously fuck off. Your posts have no relevance to anyone who supports Everton.

We don't need anyone to build from the academy up right now, we need someone to stabilise the first team. We need someone who our best players will want to play for, will want to stay and work with. We have a great bunch of players in our first team, concentrate on the kids and we might not have the level of player in our first team that we do right now. For me this is make or break, bring in the right man to do the job and we may get to keep hold of Rom, Ross and Stones and improve the team further. Get it wrong and we lose them all, it may be some time before we get the chance to go at this level again. Selling them for big money is no use to us, we don't need the money. Even if we sold all three and got £200m for them, who could you attract to the club at that level? We would be in even more of a mess from what I can see.

Bring in Unsworth as a temporary manager. It will be a good experience for him till he goes back to the Under 21's where he has done great work. At the very least he gets what it is to play with a bit of fire in his belly.

I would like to see where Unsy could go as a manager, part of the fabric of the club for the last 25 years and a bright articulate bloke.

You come on here with little subtle wind ups because you don't give a shit about Everton. You try and tone it down every now and then but just can't help yourself when a moment like this pops up. Seriously fuck off. Your posts have no relevance to anyone who supports Everton.

This is a perfect description of yourself.

I honestly like pardew but am the only one on here who does. He made a comment about Everton being a small club years ago and that rubbed a lot of people on here the wrong way.

He's not leaving palace though.

Biesla is my favorite, I'd take moyes as a consolation prize but not for the long term. Just short term to shore things up.

The same Pardew whose team have amassed eight points in sixteen games this year? That'd show real intent!

I would like to see Moyes back - as somebody else has mentioned the best we have seen of a Martinez team was based on purely on what Moyes had built and left for him, and nothing at all to do with any thing Martinez has brought to the table. Mix what Moyes had built and the enthusiasm that comes with any new manager, would give you that first 6 months we saw under Martinez. That has been as go at it got - followed by two years moving backwards.

Moyes was always a few quid short of getting the 20 goal a season striker in to his squad, that would have made all the difference in his teams. Martinez has had that striker in his squad for the last two years and still managed to go backwards.

The last few seasons under Moyes we played decent football and probably punched above our financial weight, we are punching below it now. I was personally sorry he went.

I would like to see Moyes given a crack back at the club, with less financial constraints than he had during his first stint. He knows many of the player already.

He was a dead man walking before he walked in to Old Trafford, everybody knows following Sir Alex was a poison chalice. He would have been called a bottler all his career if he didn't take that job when he was offered it, he had to take it really. He's been there and tried that now, and seen the grass isn't greener.

Nothing that wrong with protecting leads once you go ahead in my opinion!! Crying out for some tactic like that now. Winning 1-0 is far better than losing 4-3!!!

While Martinez' past 2 seasons have shown us we could certainly do worse than David Moyes (like we didn't already know that), his first season showed that we can do a lot better than Moyes too. We shouldn't be looking back, only forward.

Even without that, we need a name. A name that can attract the better quality players that our money can bring in now. I'm not overly keen on Pellegrini personally but there's no doubt he's more of a name than Moyes. Even with a club like Manchester United Moyes' name just didn't have the pull.

Let's move on from Roberto Martinez, but more importantly let's move on from David Moyes.

While Martinez' past 2 seasons have shown us we could certainly do worse than David Moyes (like we didn't already know that), his first season showed that we can do a lot better than Moyes too. We shouldn't be looking back, only forward.

Even without that, we need a name. A name that can attract the better quality players that our money can bring in now. I'm not overly keen on Pellegrini personally but there's no doubt he's more of a name than Moyes. Even with a club like Manchester United Moyes' name just didn't have the pull.

Let's move on from Roberto Martinez, but more importantly let's move on from David Moyes.

Sensible!

People are looking back at Moyes with blue-tinted glasses just because Martinez is having a nightmare.

It's funny to me that there's this notion that all Moyes needed was a striker to make that next step, when in truth that's the one position he obviously didn't understand -- Goodison was a striker's graveyard for most of his tenure, and it wasn't just due to the quality (or lack thereof) at his disposal.

I'm not saying he was a terrible manager by any means, but he was a settler who got too comfortable.

I just think we should be more ambitious.

Sensible!

People are looking back at Moyes with blue-tinted glasses just because Martinez is having a nightmare.

It's funny to me that there's this notion that all Moyes needed was a striker to make that next step, when in truth that's the one position he obviously didn't understand -- Goodison was a striker's graveyard for most of his tenure, and it wasn't just due to the quality (or lack thereof) at his disposal.

I'm not saying he was a terrible manager by any means, but he was a settler who got too comfortable.

I just think we should be more ambitious.

This 100%.

Agree with this.

We need to take the next step. Show some intent.

I would like to see Moyes back - as somebody else has mentioned the best we have seen of a Martinez team was based on purely on what Moyes had built and left for him, and nothing at all to do with any thing Martinez has brought to the table. Mix what Moyes had built and the enthusiasm that comes with any new manager, would give you that first 6 months we saw under Martinez. That has been as go at it got - followed by two years moving backwards.

Moyes was always a few quid short of getting the 20 goal a season striker in to his squad, that would have made all the difference in his teams. Martinez has had that striker in his squad for the last two years and still managed to go backwards.

The last few seasons under Moyes we played decent football and probably punched above our financial weight, we are punching below it now. I was personally sorry he went.

I would like to see Moyes given a crack back at the club, with less financial constraints than he had during his first stint. He knows many of the player already.

He was a dead man walking before he walked in to Old Trafford, everybody knows following Sir Alex was a poison chalice. He would have been called a bottler all his career if he didn't take that job when he was offered it, he had to take it really. He's been there and tried that now, and seen the grass isn't greener.

Nothing that wrong with protecting leads once you go ahead in my opinion!! Crying out for some tactic like that now. Winning 1-0 is far better than losing 4-3!!!

I don't think I've ever seen someone hit -5 rep before Rob (not even me); respect!

That team Moyes left finished 5th in the league and was progressing very smoothly. Martinez added Lukaku to that and piggy backed off Moyes. Simple as that. Proven by the last two seasons at absolute dross. Worse than anything I've seen under Moyes.

This is a good post mate.