IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

I really don't understand why fans who want rid of Martinez suggest such low calibre replacements. At best you're just getting like for like - taking a chance on someone. That's not what we need or should be aiming for.

I'm not saying we could attract the very best, but Eddie Howe? Sean Dyche? No.

This

Hein Vanhaezebrouck. He'd be absolutely perfect match with EFC. The guy is a savage, but rather than Martinez, knows the basics of football strategy damn well.

I had no clue who he was so had to Google and I'll be honest it's no different than suggesting the likes of Howe or Dyche

He may be a decent manager but we need a big name and should be aiming much higher plus he just reminds me of that fat smacked arse "The Beast" from the Chase

I had no clue who he was so had to Google and I'll be honest it's no different than suggesting the likes of Howe or Dyche

He may be a decent manager but we need a big name and should be aiming much higher plus he just reminds me of that fat smacked arse "The Beast" from the Chase

:D well I was always refraining to name managers from my own context over here, but heck why not. I have every reason to believe that Hein is a better manager than over half of the numbnuts that are managing teams around the EPL. There's so much incompetence and lack of vision and I blame the system for that. It's literally a type of job that pays massive money and requires hardly any training, let alone degree. I think there is a Fifa course, but as far as I can remember it's not even obligatory. So manager jobs are almost given as little gifts to whoever is popular in football. Neville at Valencia? Are they daft? It'd be better if some universities would start cooperating in research on the subject, I'm sure there's enough money in football to finance that and build a 3-year bachelor's study programme to train managers in the basics of football (Martinez, take notes) and further statistical and tactical insights.

Neither Howe nor Dyche have taken unfancied teams to the knock-out stages of the Champions League.

Neither Howe nor Dyche have taken unfancied teams to the knock-out stages of the Champions League.

Indeed. It requires the right perspective. At Kortrijk, Hein regularly brought the (financially) poorest team in Belgium to play-off 1, where the best 6 teams of Belgium fight for the title. Then at Gent, he made a mid-table team into champions with a team that had no star-quality players. Next season he leads them to the knock-out stages of the CL, finishing ahead of Valencia and Lyon in the group stages. Again, with a Gent team consisting of players that are on paper rather so-so, but the way he made them play is so noteworthy that I just throw his name here on the EFC forum.

And if it means anything, I don't even like KAA Gent.

Edited by Mirallas

Neither have had the opportunity either

I'm not knocking the man but would you genuinely be happy in appointing a manager on a stint or two in the CL? McClaren did well on that front albeit the Europa league

In context I don't see that as much different than Martinez winning the FA cuo with a shite Wigan side and that's working out great

Well that would be shite.

Even though I'm a USAer, I don't really follow the USA National Team at all, so I really know nothing about this guy. Is he really that bad? Why?

Is it sacrilege to support a team other than your home country in the World Cup? Well I did. England, mates. I feel a MUCH greater connection to those players than the Americans. I don't watch MLS, nor will I. My buddy thinks I'm nuts AND being disrespectful. Yes and so what.

Even though I'm a USAer, I don't really follow the USA National Team at all, so I really know nothing about this guy. Is he really that bad? Why?

Is it sacrilege to support a team other than your home country in the World Cup? Well I did. England, mates. I feel a MUCH greater connection to those players than the Americans. I don't watch MLS, nor will I. My buddy thinks I'm nuts AND being disrespectful. Yes and so what.

half the team plays in europe not MLS i don't follow MLS either and can easily follow the team.

Because he is just like martinez, had a good first cycle and then the wheels fell off, players speaking out and tactically he's square peg in round holes every match. he did well with the german national team because Jogi Low was the tactician and made Juergen look good, now we know that cause USA is shit and Germany won the world cup with Jogi. Wasn't good at Bayern during his stint there either.

He's a good motivator and like RM great with the youth but game management and lineups are awful.

The only positive thing I'll say about Klinsmann is that he changes up the formation and isn't afraid to play with one sitter and two attacking mids.

I'm not as frustrated with Klinsmann's game management and tactics as I am with his selection of players. But, let's also be honest about the quality of the players he's selecting from, post-Landon Donovan. We've not got much in the way of consistently quality players further up the field. Our best players are fullbacks, centerbacks, and a midfielder. And, even they are hit or miss.

(By "our" I'm being nationalistic, and referring to the US national team in familial terms. Thought I'd call myself out for that before someone else did.)

Edited by JoeQuince

Moyes and De Boer got a shout out on NBCSN by Neil Ashton in London. Also said they are hiring an "overlord" type of figure to oversee recruitment, day-to-day, etc. Also said that RM is under extreme pressure alluding to a possible replacement.

I don't want Moyes or a Director of Football.

Neither have had the opportunity either

I'm not knocking the man but would you genuinely be happy in appointing a manager on a stint or two in the CL? McClaren did well on that front albeit the Europa league

In context I don't see that as much different than Martinez winning the FA cuo with a shite Wigan side and that's working out great

Well you judge him on basis of you not knowing him. I know him and can estimate him pretty well, and that's what I'm basing my opinion on. In contrary to footballers, managers still aren't taken seriously if they're not Spanish, British, Italian, Dutch, French, German or Portuguese.

There is a glass ceiling for Belgian, Brazilian, Swiss, Austrian, Russian, Danish, ... managers and there's absolutely no reason for that. I can't even think of one that managed to make it to a big team. Simly because they're never considered, but not because they're incompetent.

Edited by Mirallas

Neil Ashton is normally pretty switched on at this kind of thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Moshiri wanted someone to be a go between for him and the manager. It's all change now, I expect to see plenty of new things over the next year or two. Hopefully a manager is one of them.

Neil Ashton is normally pretty switched on at this kind of thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Moshiri wanted someone to be a go between for him and the manager. It's all change now, I expect to see plenty of new things over the next year or two. Hopefully a manager is one of them.

He made it sound pretty definitive - I would say it sounds about right, especially considering the state of affairs right now.

Well you judge him on basis of you not knowing him. I know him and can estimate him pretty well, and that's what I'm basing my opinion on. In contrary to footballers, managers still aren't taken seriously if they're not Spanish, British, Italian, Dutch, French, German or Portuguese.

There is a glass ceiling for Belgian, Brazilian, Swiss, Austrian, Russian, Danish, ... managers and there's absolutely no reason for that. I can't even think of one that managed to make it to a big team. Simly because they're never considered, but not because they're incompetent.

I've not judged him read what I originally posted he doesn't fit what I'd personally like to see myself and many others want a high profile name who has experience at a high level who can draw good players not an unknown quantity

Well there must be a reason as I can't see all the clubs in the top European leagues being judgmental on nationality and you being right

Scolari?

I think they should have the rooney rule developed so not only do you have to interview John Barnes, Paul Ince, and Sol Campbell for any open roles you need to interview at least 3 coaches from countries like San Marino, Andorra, Switzerland. Even if only a handful have taken their badges.

I'm being facetious... I dont care what colour or nationality our manager is. I want someone who is proven to demonstrate sound judgement, tactical acumen who understands how to manage players.