IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

Lukaku I can understand as he doesn't strike me as a Bielsa type centre forward (except for his physique). Niasse looks more like it assuming he is any good. But Barkley doesn't look like someone why shys away from hard work. Deulofeu is also physically a decent fit (Bielsa likes his players to have pace) but whether he's prepared to put in the shift I don't know. Bielsa won't accept him standing with his arms on his hips on the centre-line while the opposition attacks.

Barkley looks utterly lost doing any type of defensive work. I'd reckon a manager that puts so much emphasis on front-to-back pressing as Bielsa would have serious concerns about him.

Fortunately for Ross it sounds like the Bielsa rumours are BS.

That would be strange. The manager is the most important single appointment a club makes. Moshiri is not exactly someone who has no clue. He has been involved with Arsenal for years so he knows the score and doesn't have to rely on middlemen for important decisions. Moshiri most certainly will have the last say both whether to keep Martinez and if he's to be replaced, who takes over.

Mourinho has already unloaded Lukaku once. He's notorious for having favourite 'types' of player, Rom's face just doesn't fit with him, and I doubt Barkley's would either given the fact the lad cannot defend to save his life.

Also, Mourinho just doesn't bring kids through. I'd rather have a Van Gaal or Klopp type who base their whole philosophy around developing players from a young age. There's a lot of young talent at our club that would never get a look in under Mourinho.

That's the thing though nogs, Mourinho didn't unload Rom. Rom asked to leave and they had no issues. Barkley can defend just fine for a player in his role, we've seen it with England. At Everton he is told he doesn't have to defend/tackle.

After Van Gaal, I cant go on.

Seems Mourinho is in line for Utd job. Would anyone fancy giggs as manager with phil neville as his top asst?

sorry mate I had to negative rep you for that one! Giggs strikes me as one of the thickest footballers I have come across, and Phil Neville is just like Doddsy on Mike Basset England manager.

I would take an experienced manager like Biesla and have Gary Neville as an assistant manager - I believe that lad has a big future in the game.

What about Ronald Koeman? I don't know if we could attract him given Southampton outperforming us, but possibly given our squad and the promise of bigger spending-- He's done a good job at Southampton.

Sean Dyche?

Koeman has potential but I think we should be aiming higher but I really don't understand the calls for Dyche

What about Ronald Koeman? I don't know if we could attract him given Southampton outperforming us, but possibly given our squad and the promise of bigger spending-- He's done a good job at Southampton.

Sean Dyche?

Even before the investment i would have been unhappy with this.

Sean Dyche?

I like Koeman he's a good manager but Southampton are a decent side and are very financially sound unless the national job becomes available I can't see him leaving tbh

Dyche no thanks he's a good championship type manager who will do well at getting teams to bounce from tier to tier in the mould of Warnock Mick McCarthy etc

I'd be happy with any of the following if Martinez is given his marching orders

Biesla

Rudi Garcia

Pellegrini

De Boer

Loads of other names out there but trying to be abit realistic Biesla and Garcia are both unemployed Pellegrini will be come the end of the season and De Boer potentially has the makings of a good manager and has the right credentials

I like Koeman he's a good manager but Southampton are a decent side and are very financially sound unless the national job becomes available I can't see him leaving tbh

Dyche no thanks he's a good championship type manager who will do well at getting teams to bounce from tier to tier in the mould of Warnock Mick McCarthy etc

I'd be happy with any of the following if Martinez is given his marching orders

Biesla

Rudi Garcia

Pellegrini

De Boer

Loads of other names out there but trying to be abit realistic Biesla and Garcia are both unemployed Pellegrini will be come the end of the season and De Boer potentially has the makings of a good manager and has the right credentials

Add Lucien Favre to the list and I'm in agreement. Some solid men there, could help get us back to European football.

Could well do Finn but going off his recent interview I'm sure he said he would like to stay in England and go to a club that is a "project" and European football isn't a necessity due to the extra games etc

I just felt all fingers pointed towards us tbh I can't really think of another club with managerial problems/unrest if you will that fits those remarks bar ourselves

Mark I actually didn't realise he'd resigned tbh mate as I don't really keep up with the Russian scene but fully agree a good manager

I'd go with that maybe. Dealt with tevez admirably.

His signings were very hit and miss though... javi garcia, rodwell, bought aguero in along with silva and toure

Not forgetting Balottelli.

It was also interesting to read that he give half time team talks when he was a player. Must have had it in him from the get go.

Honest to God, we have to sort another manager out quickly though because if we leave it too long after Martinez's departure current players will be looking to go elsewhere.

We have to get a manager with some credentials if we are to attract players to the club. A 'going nowhere' club with a 'done nothing' manager will ensure that we remain 'also rans' in the Prem. To be taken seriously management needs to secure someone with credentials, to show we mean business.

I've assumed that Martinez will be going, perhaps at the end of the season if not sooner as we can't afford to be discussing this again next season as we did with Moyes for a number of years while the management dragged it's collective feet.

We need a new face with new ideas, getting the players back real early, getting them fit, drilling the defence and organising various plays to suit various scenarios (plan B, C and D!). Stop these annual pre-season shit games with Bury, Preston, Rhyl, Tranmere etc. and get some real opposition. Martinez's World Cup pundit scenario screwed this club to the extent that we're still paying for it.

Time for a change of outlook for this club. Get rid of 'the plucky underdogs' shit, 'punching above their weight' shit. If you want something to happen, you have to change things to make it happen. FFS let's get professional and do away with the 'that'll do attitude' that we've had to endure since Howard Kendall' departure. We need Joe's 'dogs of war' attitude to get management moving. Hopefully the new boss will assert some authority here and lose Bill's loyalty outlook (laudable though it is in certain circumstances) that has kept us in the 2nd tier....sliding to 3rd tier of Prem clubs.

It is an unhappy fact that Kenwright alone is responsible for an awful lot of what has happened in the last 20 years in this club. His refusal to sack managers at times where other clubs would have had them gone for years has taken this club into the mess it is now.

Moyes should have gone 3/4 years earlier, but Bill procrastinated for so long that the decision was taken out of his hands. Martinez should have gone 2 months into last season, yet here we are hoping he will be gone this season. A 'let's give him till Christmas' scenario should not even be on their minds behind the doors at Goodison at the moment.

I sincerely hope that the new boss with his past experience will see what has been going on here and fix it fast.

Alan Stubbs, he seems to have mastered the Everton way if tonight is anything to go by....

"FT: Hibernian 2-2 Falkirk
Posted at
21:46
Massive credit to Falkirk. They were down to 10 men and two goals down after 86 minutes but somehow managed to salvage a draw, which preserves their six-point lead over Hibs."

Alan Stubbs, he seems to have mastered the Everton way if tonight is anything to go by....

"FT: Hibernian 2-2 Falkirk
Posted at
21:46
Massive credit to Falkirk. They were down to 10 men and two goals down after 86 minutes but somehow managed to salvage a draw, which preserves their six-point lead over Hibs."

been following them in the standings and they've been on a massive fall recently. around christmas they were 5 points off Rangers, now they'll be playing the first playoff match instead of the second as Falkirk has risen far above them.

Stubbs would have to win 2 Championship playoffs and then the 3rd against the SPL side, i think barring that he's fired.

To respond to the doubts about Dyche, I will say that he reminds me of a young Moyes in many ways. He is able to produce solid, tight sides that play with incredible effort and team spirit. I think he's done quite well with a bunch of grafters at Burnley, but whether he has the vision and ability to take a bunch of top players and make them compete in the Premier League is another question.