IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

Don't want pelligrini. Too old and not set the world alight at City. I've got a horrible feeling if Martinez goes it'll be moyes. Can see kenwright giving his speech about taking a knife to a gunfight now we have a proper gun and watch what davey does with it. I can fucking see it.

Don't want Moyes but I don't want Martinez more.

Don't want pelligrini. Too old and not set the world alight at City. I've got a horrible feeling if Martinez goes it'll be moyes. Can see kenwright giving his speech about taking a knife to a gunfight now we have a proper gun and watch what davey does with it. I can fucking see it.

I don't think moshiri will settle for moyes.

• 2 weeks later...

If Mourinho would even consider Valencia then we would defo have a chance.

For me he would be the one manager who would get the most out of our big four young players.

I hate the man but you're right on both points.

Chalk pie yes we can offer money but there is no champions league or Europa or anything to offer. So sadly we need a money hungry manager or one that's not at a champions league club.

I hate the man but you're right on both points.

Chalk pie yes we can offer money but there is no champions league or Europa or anything to offer. So sadly we need a money hungry manager or one that's not at a champions league club.

All we need is a one who thinks our squad is close enough to Champions League, its their job to get us there.

Surely we'd be a low risk, low pressure proposition for someone like Mourinho given his recent situation, he'd be given plenty of time and money and if he doesn't get the nod from Man U then there's not too many EPL clubs looking which is where he's said he wants to stay.

All we need is a one who thinks our squad is close enough to Champions League, its their job to get us there.

Surely we'd be a low risk, low pressure proposition for someone like Mourinho given his recent situation, he'd be given plenty of time and money and if he doesn't get the nod from Man U then there's not too many EPL clubs looking which is where he's said he wants to stay.

Agreed I'm talking more to the shouts for simeone, emery, etc. mourinho just got fired so he's not guaranteed a top job.

If Mourinho would even consider Valencia then we would defo have a chance.

For me he would be the one manager who would get the most out of our big four young players.

Wouldn't even give give us a look when he can go to some of the best teams in the world.

Wasn't he the one who sent lukaku packing.??

I think we are the perfect club for mourinho. He's won everything there is- Why would going to man united be a challenge for him? The expectation is they win the league etc and it's job done. No great shakes.

Going to Everton and creating a dynasty is a better way for his career CV imo.

Mourinho shouts are so far fetched even with Moshiri. He just wouldn't entertain us.

Thing is, there aren't that many big teams with open positions. Only ManU in England, and there are many at the club who think Mourinho is the wrong type for them. Most top jobs in other big leagues are also gone. Milan could be a possibility, but they are midtable as well these days. Any clubs that have positions open outside of England will have much smaller budgets for next season. In England, this is the situation for the bigger clubs:

- Arsenal: even if Wenger was to leave, they wouldn't hire Mourinho.

- Chelsea: they are hardly going to get him back straight away.

- ManC: Guardiola already has this gig.

- ManU: No manager, but as I said doubts remain if they want him.

- Spurs: Pochettino is safe.

- Liverpool: As is Klopp.

- West Ham: Bilic isn't going anywhere.

- Newcastle & Villa: Going down.

- Southampton: Only if Koeman goes (but somehow I can't see Mourinho at Southampton, not their style manager).

- Sunderland: Hard to see Mourinho taking over that circus.

The rest have significantly smaller budgets.

I do feel Mourinho is out of reach but as above it's not that ridiculous a shout unless of course this Man U deal is a possibility.

He made no secrets about wanting Stones in the summer. He'd have him here.

Rumours that he was going to sign Niasse for Chelsea (which I don't believe).

Chelsea were continuously linked with Coleman in his reign.

There's been rumours that Lukaku would be a priority target should he go to Man U.

Players like Barkley, Deulofeu, McCarthy are young and already established.

He's what we need... Moshiri and Kenwright et al need to convince him that we're what he needs as it's clear he wants to stay in England.

Thing is, there aren't that many big teams with open positions. Only ManU in England, and there are many at the club who think Mourinho is the wrong type for them. Most top jobs in other big leagues are also gone. Milan could be a possibility, but they are midtable as well these days. Any clubs that have positions open outside of England will have much smaller budgets for next season. In England, this is the situation for the bigger clubs:

- Arsenal: even if Wenger was to leave, they wouldn't hire Mourinho.

- Chelsea: they are hardly going to get him back straight away.

- ManC: Guardiola already has this gig.

- ManU: No manager, but as I said doubts remain if they want him.

- Spurs: Pochettino is safe.

- Liverpool: As is Klopp.

- West Ham: Bilic isn't going anywhere.

- Newcastle & Villa: Going down.

- Southampton: Only if Koeman goes (but somehow I can't see Mourinho at Southampton, not their style manager).

- Sunderland: Hard to see Mourinho taking over that circus.

The rest have significantly smaller budgets.

After that post the only logical manager for us is Rafa, when Newcastle go down.

Wouldn't even give give us a look when he can go to some of the best teams in the world.
Wasn't he the one who sent lukaku packing.??
Which of the best teams would take him?
Bayern? No
Barca? No
PSG? No
Real? No

Sent Rom packing? Rom has made no bones about asking can he leave to play, and that the first person in football to txt him wishing him luck when he signed was Jose.

Why do you think that? What young players has he developed to make you think that way?
I think Lampard was only 23, 24 max, when Jose went to Chelsea and convinced him he was the best midfielder in the world, and he played like it too.

In being specific, with Joses sit back and counter style of play you have to be organised at the back. One thing we currently are not, I think this would improve Stones no end. You have to be quick in transition, which suits Geri, breaking like that would be great for Barkley too, though his speed of decision would have to improve. I also think fast counter attacking like that is perfect for Rom, see some of his best goals for us on the break. And every player has to defend, so Barkley would have to tackle.

Apart from hoping he could do for Ross what he did for Lampard, I'm basing the rest on the style of play he brings rather than his track record of improving youngsters.

I also think the siege mentality he brings to a club would be great for our non atmosphere at Goodison Park, the crowd would love him.

Realistically though, won't happen, even though I think if United don't want him he would consider us, and would raise out profile massively, but we'll still have Roberto and carry on being nice old soft Everton who everyone likes. If we had Jose everyone would hate us, and fear us.

Edited by StevO

I see, but we might get Europa (although its a stretch from the view from my couch), and if he is such an egotistical cunt, wouldn't he want to take pride in "breeding" a club to success, sort of in the same manner that Raineiri and Ponchettino have? These cats now have instant immense street cred, no? I am probably wrong, but to me its a perfect situation to truly show how good you are.