IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

Moyes is a stabiliser, we need stabilising. I get the idea behind why he would be a good candidate but only as an interim. That said, he'd never accept a 1 season contract and I sure as poop don't want him back for the next 3-5 years (or at all if I'm honest).

I see the logic but I don't agree and don't want him.

All this Moyes talk is starting to scare me - we need to move forward not go back 10 years. Also how appealing would it be for top players to come and play under Moyes????

Sacked pretty damn quickly in his last 2 jobs. eeeerrrgh no thank you.

If i had a choice i would like Diego Simeone- never going to happen but he might want a crack in the Prem against his old pal Pep and maybe Jose????

Come on Moshiri start flashing some of those dollars around. Money talks these day's.

All this Moyes talk is starting to scare me - we need to move forward not go back 10 years. Also how appealing would it be for top players to come and play under Moyes????

Sacked pretty damn quickly in his last 2 jobs. eeeerrrgh no thank you.

If i had a choice i would like Diego Simeone- never going to happen but he might want a crack in the Prem against his old pal Pep and maybe Jose????

Come on Moshiri start flashing some of those dollars around. Money talks these day's.

Bookies have him pretty much as favourite, alongside Pelligrini; but there are lots of other names in there at quite short odds...Jorge Sampaoli (seems a bit left-field), Howe, Biesla, Benitez down to Mourinho at 10/20-1, depending on which bookie you go with.

Bookies have him pretty much as favourite, alongside Pelligrini; but there are lots of other names in there at quite short odds...Jorge Sampaoli (seems a bit left-field), Howe, Biesla, Benitez down to Mourinho at 10/20-1, depending on which bookie you go with.

Very good coach. Not sure he's Premier League though.

I think Pellegrini is the right man and the timing couldn't be better.

That said, we'll probably get Moyes. That just seems so... Everton... and I'm talking about the Everton of the last 20 years, unfortunately.

yes agreed. pelligrini will come out and say " i wanted the everton job, i was willing to take less pay, i have enough money, but they decided to go with moyes". i know it's coming, just preparing myself.

bill will be smiling acting like he just signed SAF from retirement.

Edited by markjazzbassist

kin ell

Who are these UNIBET lot? Have you seen the names they are taking money on? Surprised Harry Catterick isn't involved.

I would be so gutted if our board appointed Moyes again. Wouldn't mind Pelligrini though - he would definitely bring Hart and Aguero across with him ;-)

The board have not come out and officially backed Martinez, they have offered him no support. He is going. I would hope that they are saying nothing till the Pelligrini or other deal has been done.

Good point, amidst all the unrest you'd have expected them to come out with something to back him up... A glimmer of hope that his number is up

I've not seen many champion Moyes coming back and in today's world of social media being a guage of opinion I hope if Martinez does go the club have taken note

I've said from the off Pellegrini and still think he's a very good choice and it's not often the timing is right and a manager of his pedigree would be available

Is Lucien Favre still on the short list? I'm only just beginning to become familiar with all these managers, but he seems like a great choice.

Mate I've seen Favre mentioned, as well, and from what I've learned of him I reckon he'd be a potentially genius choice. Either him or DeBoer, and I'm well and truly pleased

The board have not come out and officially backed Martinez, they have offered him no support. He is going. I would hope that they are saying nothing till the Pelligrini or other deal has been done.

I will only believe that Martinez is going when the board make their 'we have every confidence....' announcement.

Not sure if it's been previously mentioned, but when is the last time a manager has not said a word 4 days after loosing a fa cup semi final?

I've never paid any attention to what losing semi-final managers say after post match press duties so I haven't got the vaguest idea, be amazed if anyone on here claimed to have knowledge of the subject.