IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

That doesn't change anything, the decision has clearly already been made, if that decision is to let him stay then the need to let it be known

The uncertainty isn't doing anybody favours

Possibly not decided?

None of us know. So we'll just have to wait.

Had a look at Löw's club record and it doesn't make great reading. I'm sure he would be able to lure good players to Goodison but he hasn't proved he is a good club manager. International football is very different from club football.

Had a look at Löw's club record and it doesn't make great reading. I'm sure he would be able to lure good players to Goodison but he hasn't proved he is a good club manager. International football is very different from club football.

That's exactly my thinking. When I first saw his name linked, I was seriously impressed, but you have to take into consideration that club and international football management are two different beasts.

In the cold light of day, and in terms of club football, you have to ask whether he's better then that other German across the park.

His most extended spell was his first, at Stuttgart. He inherited a mid-table club (12th and 10th place finished the years preceding his tenure) and took them to two consecutive 4th place finishes. In that period, he won the German cup and then took them to the finals of the cup winners' cup.

Outside of a couple of strange small spells at clubs, he's generally been good for better than 50% win percentage. That's pretty solid.

Then, add in the fact that he's had time to refine tactically and has shown that he changes things as opponents have adapted or tried to stop his teams from playing. He consistently finds a way to get his teams to play through those that like to sit deep and park the bus. He also plays a 4231, but does it in such a way that his team plays free-flowing fast football and then actually defends. He's kind of a perfect fit for what we already have here.

Why not do it now? Get a temp in till the end of the season. Allow the remaining dates of this season to be allocated to recruitment. Let the new man get his feet under the table whilst the players are away and then have him start from scratch, the day that the players return?

Why are we waiting? Just rile more fans up thinking they're holding onto him?

Why not do it now? Get a temp in till the end of the season. Allow the remaining dates of this season to be allocated to recruitment. Let the new man get his feet under the table whilst the players are away and then have him start from scratch, the day that the players return?

Why are we waiting? Just rile more fans up thinking they're holding onto him?

Maybe it has to do with a clause in his contract -- where if he gets fired before X amount of time that he gets an additional payout -- that someone mentioned earlier.

I have no idea if it actually exists though.

Maybe it has to do with a clause in his contract -- where if he gets fired before X amount of time that he gets an additional payout -- that someone mentioned earlier.

I have no idea if it actually exists though.

Moshiri is a billionaire. 3-5m to him is nothing. Plus if we win out he makes the money back in tv money for each position we move up in the table.

Moshiri is a billionaire. 3-5m to him is nothing. Plus if we win out he makes the money back in tv money for each position we move up in the table.

Sorry, but that's bullshit reasoning. Good business practice isn't just to throw money away because it's "nothing." I work for a multi-billion dollar corporation, and I can tell you that a 3-5MM loss doesn't go unnoticed. People lose their jobs for being that carefree.

Also, we aren't going to be able to move up enough to recoup 3-5MM either (that's an ifs-and-buts argument anyway). Maritnez could also potentially win out the rest of the games under that logic.

We may be able to take a bigger hit financially now, but that doesn't mean we should just because we can. Those small fees add up, and we don't actually know how much Moshiri is going to invest. You're also assuming the payout is only that amount; it could be more (if there is one).

You're right, Moshiri is a billionaire. But all of his billions are not Everton's billions.

I really hate the line of thinking of: "Oh we have more money to spend? Let's not be careful with it."

We're also Everton, we like to do our business with a little more dignity.

What will we gain for sacking him before the end of the season?

Could there be negatives?

For example other managers looking at us and thinking were too much of a risk after sacking Martinez.....wait till the end of the season rather than the upheaval and administration now.

Get it all in the place and then do your business.

Sorry, but that's bullshit reasoning. Good business practice isn't just to throw money away because it's "nothing." I work for a multi-billion dollar corporation, and I can tell you that a 3-5MM loss doesn't go unnoticed. People lose their jobs for being that carefree.

Also, we aren't going to be able to move up enough to recoup 3-5MM either (that's an ifs-and-buts argument anyway). Maritnez could also potentially win out the rest of the games under that logic.

We may be able to take a bigger hit financially now, but that doesn't mean we should just because we can. Those small fees add up, and we don't actually know how much Moshiri is going to invest. You're also assuming the payout is only that amount; it could be more (if there is one).

You're right, Moshiri is a billionaire. But all of his billions are not Everton's billions.

I really hate the line of thinking of: "Oh we have more money to spend? Let's not be careful with it."

spot on

What about this is dignified though? The club have been deathly silent while Martinez is in the firing line, they've left him there to have shit flung at him. I don't see any dignified behaviour whatsoever.

Absolutely this. All they're doing in handling it like this is tightening the noose.

What about this is dignified though? The club have been deathly silent while Martinez is in the firing line, they've left him there to have shit flung at him. I don't see any dignified behaviour whatsoever.

If you were a top top manager looking to take a risk on a club that hasn't won anything in 21 years except plucky club of the year award 20 times, it might be what tips the scale to "fuck that for a game of soldiers"

Edited by Chach

Opinion that's all.

Mine is that I prefer the club to keep thier business quiet until the right time.

I wouldn't expect them to come out and say...he's going when we have another manager sorted.

I see it as the same as we have always operated. We try to act profesionally, sometimes it comes across good and sometimes bad.

If you were a top top manager looking to take a risk on a club that hasn't won anything in 21 years except plucky club of the year award 20 times, it might be what tips the scale to "fuck that for a game of soldiers"

I can't work out whether you're saying how this has been handled is dignified or not :lol:!

Whoever we get we need someone with a hard edge, someone like Simeone. The players have had it too easy for too long.

i completely agree. he also gets those players into a very team attitude. i follow atletico and watched a torres interview yesterday where he said he is loving life, he lives and dies with his brothers on the field, each match is a battle they must win and conquer. hairs stood up on my neck while listening, he has those men fired up.

It can't happen. Sorry... no it will not happen.

Haf's worst nightmare, O'Neill comes to Everton and we go on to great things :D.

(I know it's not going to happen in a million years, but I'd love to see it just to monitor your posts :P)

Whose betting on crap like this? Seriously if he was named manager can you imagine the class of player he'd attract! Just for the record Haf I'm with you on this one 100%!

So am I, just going fantasy land, not serious.

(Like Ranieri taking over at Leicester, ridiculous decision ;))