IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

So am I, just going fantasy land, not serious.

(Like Ranieri taking over at Leicester, ridiculous decision ;))

To be fair I didn't think Ranieri was a ridiculous decision I thought Leicester did well to attract him.

But o Neil well the least said the better really! (Wonder if Roy Keane would follow him now that would be a complete nightmare)

I don't want any big signings. I want a manager who has our team play a cohesive style with and without the ball. I'm sick of watching a bunch of soloists every week. I want a goddamn philharmonic.

That's something that's getting to me. No cohesion or togetherness. Each player is doing "their role" and not doing a team role. So frustrating.

Edit: There's expressing yourself as a player and then there's taking liberties.

Edited by Lowensda

The only way anyone would have any faith in Martinez would be for him to come out after the season has finished and say he's cocked ip massively and is employing a Davey Weir/Richard Gough type to sort our defensive frailties.

There's as much chance of that happening as the club announcing we've signed Ronaldo and is mulling over Messi but he's seen as a little short for the position we want to play him in.

Lukaku, Gerry says different.

Though your right maybe we won't get a top player in his prime.

Both players where out of favour at their parent clubs which adds meat to the bone

I wouldn't say Gerry was a top signing bar Evertonians I'd bet he was a relatively unknown player to many, he has the potential to become a tip player he isn't there yet

Maybe Martinez sold it well to Lukaku as said unwanted by Chelsea not many other clubs especially top sides showed any apparent interest

We've slipped over the last two years and potentially have a side and the financial backing that may attract good talent but if a player wants European football as most "top" singings do then sadly we've fucked it

Edited by EFC-Paul

That's something that's getting to me. No cohesion or togetherness. Each player is doing "their role" and not doing a team role. So frustrating.

Edit: There's expressing yourself as a player and then there's taking liberties.

It's Martinez's laissez-faire style of football that kills us. It's entirely dependent upon putting out players who have individual quality and hoping the combination of those players "expressing themselves" will overwhelm the opposition. The only guiding philosophy seems to be "move the ball." We lack any tactics or organization whatsoever. We don't move as a collective with or without possession. We're basically the anti-Atletico. We're Arsenal-Lite. Same "strategy" without the uber-expensive, super-skilled players it requires. Why make it so dependent upon the players to come up with miraculous moments of skill? Why not set them up for success as a unit? You win more games by not conceding than you do by doing whatever it is we're doing.

It's Martinez's laissez-faire style of football that kills us. It's entirely dependent upon putting out players who have individual quality and hoping the combination of those players "expressing themselves" will overwhelm the opposition. The only guiding philosophy seems to be "move the ball." We lack any tactics or organization whatsoever. We don't move as a collective with or without possession. We're basically the anti-Atletico. We're Arsenal-Lite. Same "strategy" without the uber-expensive, super-skilled players it requires. Why make it so dependent upon the players to come up with miraculous moments of skill? Why not set them up for success as a unit? You win more games by not conceding than you do by doing whatever it is we're doing.

yes it's reminiscent of Brazil 1970. just throw 11 men out there and hope for the best.

yes it's reminiscent of Brazil 1970. just throw 11 men out there and hope for the best.

What a strange comparison; that was possibly one of the best teams of eleven men "thrown out" in the history of the game :dont know: .

yes, lukaku is not pele, and likewise with the rest of the 11. so trying to use that tactic with a greatly inferior set of players is idiotic.

My point was that the comparison was a strange one, you need to come up with another example of a team that failed using those tactics, calling us "reminiscent" of Brazil '70 suggests we are like them. Does to me anyway.

My point was that the comparison was a strange one, you need to come up with another example of a team that failed using those tactics, calling us "reminiscent" of Brazil '70 suggests we are like them. Does to me anyway.

ah gotcha, Brazil 74 same coach same philosophy, saw them tied with scotland (!!) to get 2nd in group but got through on goal difference. were then beat by Dutch 2-0. They played in the 3rd place match and were beat by Poland (!!) 1-0. Coach fired.

After that they got serious about tactics.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I am bored of this bull that RM signed these great players. It doesn't matter how good the individuals are if he can't get them to play as a team and win games. Waiting until the end of the season to sack him is stupid put a caretaker in charge and get on the hunt for someone who can use these players. It sends out a message to the squad that we accept mediocrity if he keeps his job past the next 5 minutes.

Maybe just maybe they can't say anything just yet, maybe the man they're after is busy till the off season. Maybe Kenwright has been able to save Martinez the embarrassment of being sacked and can walk away in the summer as a mutual parting.

You can always hope.

Is that a cooking analogy or a spelling mistake?

If it's the first I'll green you but if it's the second a definite :Red card: :P.

Abit of both Mike I know how you like your cooking shows so did it to appease you :)

No it's this daft phone I've just read what I put pretty good auto correct moment though given what was attempted to be said!

Edited by EFC-Paul