• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

I don't see what lukaku would have done to improve us... a great finisher but it's not chances we are missing.

Bolassie will feel like a new signing.

He would give us the threat of getting in behind, a bit like DCL does when he plays up front. It just creates that bit more space for the rest of the team as defenders drop that little bit deeper. Plus Lukaku is a lot more lethal in front of goal, so when a half chance does come up, its more likely he would take it. I wouldn't say there would be a massive amount between him and DCL though, but there would be a difference between him and Rooney.

He will add a dimension that we sorely miss but he was apart of our terrible performances last season and who knows how he will come back. I wouldn't be expecting too much from him until next season, nor Coleman.

It's not about sacking him pad.... but if we signed a player who was showing himself to make the same mistakes you would be calling it out. So why not with the manager?

3 fookin centre halves- one of which looks like a bloated Sunday league hacker.... when has it worked?

Who do you replace him with Haf?

What about the players he has signed to fit in with his plan, sell them as well to give the new manager funds and space to create their own squad?

We are 7 games into a season that may have as many as 60+. Sacking the manager, even calling for him to be sacked now is ridiculousness personified, its worse then Trump!

What about the players he has signed to fit in with his plan, sell them as well to give the new manager funds and space to create their own squad?

We are 7 games into a season that may have as many as 60+. Sacking the manager, even calling for him to be sacked now is ridiculousness personified, its worse then Trump!

7 games in and only 1 lost (away to Chelsea) but get him to fuck because we're not playing like Brazil.

I honestly cannot fathom why anyone would consider not giving him time to develop the team. We've spent a lot and completely revamped the squad- lets change manager 3 games into the season.

He would give us the threat of getting in behind, a bit like DCL does when he plays up front. It just creates that bit more space for the rest of the team as defenders drop that little bit deeper. Plus Lukaku is a lot more lethal in front of goal, so when a half chance does come up, its more likely he would take it. I wouldn't say there would be a massive amount between him and DCL though, but there would be a difference between him and Rooney.

He will add a dimension that we sorely miss but he was apart of our terrible performances last season and who knows how he will come back. I wouldn't be expecting too much from him until next season, nor Coleman.

If we were creating loads of chances that just weren't getting finished I would be regretting the sale of Rom.

The fact is we are just lacking structure, cohesion, fluidity, pace and for me he would be as much use as tits on a bull for us....as he was against the top teams in previous seasons.

Where have I specifically said sack him???

I have said let's start looking elsewhere - it could be next summer or next winter but for me unless he can clearly explain what it is he is trying to do then it's a short term appointment for me.

These players and the players he inherited are better than the shite we are watching.

Simple as that.

I have said let's start looking elsewhere - it could be next summer or next winter but for me unless he can clearly explain what it is he is trying to do then it's a short term appointment for me.

These players and the players he inherited are better than the shite we are watching.

Simple as that.

So what your saying Mr President is don't sack him but lets get his replacement ready so we can sack him. :rolleyes:

After all he took on the shambolic Martinez failure show and got us 7th. He has transformed our squad and qualified us for Europe, all in 1 and a bit seasons. Yep lets "Terminate his contract"

Big Sam is available, as is Pardew once he gets back from the bookies, and I am sure that both Bilic and De Boer will be looking for work soon. Cant wait.

Edited by London Blue

So what your saying Mr President is don't sack him but lets get his replacement ready so we can sack him. :rolleyes:

After all he turned the shambolic Martinez failure show and got us 7th. He has transformed our squad and qualified us for Europe, all in 1 and a bit seasons. Yep lets "Terminate his contract"

Big Sam is available, as is Pardew once he gets back from the bookies, and I am sure that both Bilic and De Boer will be loking for work soon. Cant wait.

Don't rule out Pulis. Not sure we can afford his 500k contract buyout from West Brom though!

I think some of the players and fans need to be put through hypnotherapy.....

They need to stare in to space and repeat "we are not small time".... then have images of Dixie Dean, kendall ball and Harvey..... league trophies, fa cups.....

£150m.... a river side stadium site.

Maybe then they will stop thinking like 7th place is 'great for a club like Everton.

Say what you like about that lot. They got rid of "king Kenny" for 7th place and a league cup.

They need to stare in to space and repeat "we are not small time".... then have images of Dixie Dean, kendall ball and Harvey..... league trophies, fa cups.....

Maybe then they will stop thinking like 7th place is 'great for a club like Everton.

Say what you like about that lot. They got rid of "king Kenny" for 7th place and a league cup.

You really think Pochetino will leave Spurs to manage us right now?

Haf, nobody thinks 7th is where we should be, but we get to the Champions League in stages. Get to the Euro league so we can get better players, then challenge for the top 4.

We have a great history but that's what it is history. We have had no success for almost 30 years. Koeman, Walsh and Moshiri represent the best chance we have had of success in decades. So lets give them a chance, give them support eh and thank fuck we are not Blackburn, Wolves or Forrest.

Our greatest ever manager said it takes 3 years to build a squad, Koeman is at the beginning of year two, so lets give him and the players a bit more time eh?

Thats the only way we get there.

Edited by London Blue

See this is a problem. Debates are debates, fair enough.

But see when fans start attacking each other? No one see a problem with this? Reading through several threads and several posts...you would think that the club is in crisis. It's unbelievable. It's only bloody August! Usually we wait until at least Winter before we start posturing over who's the best fan, our great history, this and that.

People who look at 7th are being realistic, taking all things into consideration. Having the odd historical spell doesn't give us a ticket to finish above those above us...afterall, let's look at those 6 and see how many things they've won since we last won a cup 22 years ago? I think only Spurs draw a blank (or have they lifted the league cup in that time???).

Usually it's Winter time when I turn off this forum for a couple of months...at this rate, i won't make it to winter!

Although I've quoted Hafs post, this aint aimed directly at him...so much shite read the last couple of days, his just peaked it for me. Please peeps...lets give our heads a wobble!

You really think Pochetino will leave Spurs to manage us right now?

Haf, nobody thinks 7th is where we should be, but we get to the Champions League in stages. Get to the Euro league so we can get better players, then challenge for the top 4.

We have a great history but that's what it is history. We have had no success for almost 30 years. Koeman, Walsh and Moshiri represent the best chance we have had of success in decades. So lets give them a chance, give them support eh and thank fuck we are not Blackburn, Wolves or Forrest.

Our greatest ever manager said it takes 3 years to build a squad, Koeman is at the beginning of year two, so lets give him and the players a bit more time eh?

Thats the only way we get there.

He's already 1 year and £175m into it.... he took over a team that was good enough to get a bloke sacked for finishing 11th... we are already a certified top 7 side.

To make this clear I'm doing nothing more than putting a spotlight on him. He's getting held accountable.

I'm not judging him by results - I'm judging him on what I see. What I see is someone who doesn't know how to set a side up. He does this wrong time after time.

How many of us knew what was gonna happen yesterday? Too many. Predictably baffling.

But see when fans start attacking each other? No one see a problem with this? Reading through several threads and several posts...you would think that the club is in crisis. It's unbelievable. It's only bloody August! Usually we wait until at least Winter before we start posturing over who's the best fan, our great history, this and that.

People who look at 7th are being realistic, taking all things into consideration. Having the odd historical spell doesn't give us a ticket to finish above those above us...afterall, let's look at those 6 and see how many things they've won since we last won a cup 22 years ago? I think only Spurs draw a blank (or have they lifted the league cup in that time???).

Usually it's Winter time when I turn off this forum for a couple of months...at this rate, i won't make it to winter!

Although I've quoted Hafs post, this aint aimed directly at him...so much shite read the last couple of days, his just peaked it for me. Please peeps...lets give our heads a wobble!

Aha this.

Unfortunately newty.... many of us arevwwll versed in watching this scenario unfold.

Stubborn manager sticking to something that doesn't work.

Unfortunately newty.... many of us arevwwll versed in watching this scenario unfold.

Stubborn manager sticking to something that doesn't work.

Yep. I am too Haf.

I'm not blind to certain things, as i have been previously, and it's a small 'watch out' for me at the moment rather than a full concern/dilema/crisis/riot.

I think the most realistic target for us is to close the gap between us and the teams that finished above us last season (whilst not being overtaken).

Every side has brought in players, had some leave and made changes.

I would expect that we would develop from last season and start closing that gap on those above us. City are very beatable, Chelsea less so but I think even Koeman would have expected that after 14 or so months of being in charge, he would have developed a team that would cause those sides more problems. Might not have got more pointso, but were more in control. We were swatted aside by Chelsea, and the only difference with City was that they missed their chances and we didn't miss our one, otherwise I expect that if they had gone ahead, we wouldn't have pegged them back.

Koeman is a competitor and he knows full well that we got lucky in both games. The doubt I have is that I don't think he knows what to do about it. His solution is to play 5 at the back and hang on. It's probably not what he sets out to achieve, he probably expects more control but he isn't going to get it.

The Spurs game is massive. He must surely go 433 again and take it to them. They are a very good side but they are a little fragile now as they will also feel the pressure to win. If he goes for 5 and we get rolled over again it will almost prove that he doesn't know what to do anymore.

Edited by Bailey

I think if Arsenal carry on as they are, we should be looking to jump above them and close the gap on the rest.

They've accepted a bid for Oxlaide-chamberlain from Chelsea for £35mill (not sure where this leaves Barkley), both Sanchez and Ozil are in the last year of contracts and don't seem keen to sign. Wouldn't surprise me if at least one of them leaves this window too. Their fans are in bits about that club. Doesn't look too clever at that place.

I had my doubts.... I've had them confirmed.... no thanks Ron - seen you before and we had over 10 years of it.

Tatty bye.... next please moshiri.

Simple as that.

Owned there Haf mate, just hold your hands up, you'd get much more respect :rofl:.

I think if Arsenal carry on as they are, we should be looking to jump above them and close the gap on the rest.

They've accepted a bid for Oxlaide-chamberlain from Chelsea for £35mill (not sure where this leaves Barkley), both Sanchez and Ozil are in the last year of contracts and don't seem keen to sign. Wouldn't surprise me if at least one of them leaves this window too. Their fans are in bits about that club. Doesn't look too clever at that place.

agreed. Also, Spurs are in CL and will have that weight and Wembley woes as well. Great squad but i could see them dropping in the league if they start going far in CL. Their squad is tiny.