• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

agreed. Also, Spurs are in CL and will have that weight and Wembley woes as well. Great squad but i could see them dropping in the league if they start going far in CL. Their squad is tiny.

Yes very true. Their squad is not too deep.

Also, the Redshite. Not a lot of quality behind that first 11 or so and they play at such pace that I'm not sure it can be maintained for a full season.

Obviously, we have our own work to do and also have the Europa.

I'm glad you could be arsed quoting it- it's impossible using a phone. Apparently he's saying just look for a replacement at the minute- so what do we do when we find the replacement? :blink:

To be fair i expect most clubs will be keeping their eye out. I remember them talking about it at Soton once, they essentially scout managers like players. They understand that at some point it will have to happen.

I don't think there are too many great ones knocking about but if you aren't completely happy then you have a look at who is potentially going to be available in the future.

To be fair i expect most clubs will be keeping their eye out. I remember them talking about it at Soton once, they essentially scout managers like players. They understand that at some point it will have to happen.

I don't think there are too many great ones knocking about but if you aren't completely happy then you have a look at who is potentially going to be available in the future.

There is absolutely zero chance our board are scouting managers. They're backing him heavily and will have a time set where they expect to see fruitionof their endeavours- it 100% wont be 3 games into the season.

Ronald has done exactly as I thought. He's come in and steadied the ship. But he won't break the glass ceiling. He'll just maintain mediocrity. Top 8 finish with the occasional Europa league appearance getting knocked out in the second round

Could, might, maybe turn out right. Time will tell.

It does present us with a problem though, that I've thought about a little bit over the last couple of days after reading various comments, if he fails, how do we get that man who can? Maybe with the promise of new stadium and the supposed increase in spending power and wage structure, we might have a better chance of attracting that man...

It's the same issue with players. We can't really attract the players who are already at the level we want to be.

Bit of a rock and a hard place situation.

From the beginning it's been stated this is a 3 year project. We're just over a year in with the first productive transfer window. His tactics have been highly frustrating and will continue to be until the squad settles, which is going to take a long time because of all the change. That simple really, and changing manager now (which won't happen) will only add another season to the project progression. Like him or not, we're stuck with him but that doesn't exclude him from being rightly (in my opinion) lambasted when he fucks up.

This topic has become very emotional and emotive.

I find the arguments on both sides interesting. But nobody is actually listening to an argument, simply escalating it.

We all have our own opinions each as valuable as the next person. ( Apart from mine which is of course the most valuable and most correct opinion of all.) :rofl:

Keep it civil guys and keep it going if you can this thread does not need to become another Lukaku thread to be interesting.

Besides what ever your point of view it is not going to have any kind of effect in the grand scheme of things.

So what your saying Mr President is don't sack him but lets get his replacement ready so we can sack him. :rolleyes:

After all he took on the shambolic Martinez failure show and got us 7th. He has transformed our squad and qualified us for Europe, all in 1 and a bit seasons. Yep lets "Terminate his contract"

Big Sam is available, as is Pardew once he gets back from the bookies, and I am sure that both Bilic and De Boer will be looking for work soon. Cant wait.

I know the response I'm going to get from some for writing this, but so be it.

"After all, he took on the boring Moyes show and got us 5th. He has transformed our squad (with Lukaku, Barry, McCarthy, etc.) and qualified us for Europe, all in 1 and a bit seasons." Sound familiar? Martinez was a nova - a sudden blast of success followed by a slow death. Right now, for me, this is what I see with Koeman - except that he only managed 7th with a bunch more money. The period between now and Christmas will be very telling. We should be beating Spurs at home, so let's go do it. If we play ultra-defensively against them at home, that will be very very telling.

Edited by Cornish Steve

The Spurs game is massive. He must surely go 433 again and take it to them. They are a very good side but they are a little fragile now as they will also feel the pressure to win. If he goes for 5 and we get rolled over again it will almost prove that he doesn't know what to do anymore.

Yes, it is massive. We really must take the game to them. We're at home, and this is a team we must hope to finish above.

For crying out loud, Burnley beat Chelsea away and tied away to Spurs.

This topic has become very emotional and emotive.

I find the arguments on both sides interesting. But nobody is actually listening to an argument, simply escalating it.

We all have our own opinions each as valuable as the next person. ( Apart from mine which is of course the most valuable and most correct opinion of all.) :rofl:

Keep it civil guys and keep it going if you can this thread does not need to become another Lukaku thread to be interesting.

Besides what ever your point of view it is not going to have any kind of effect in the grand scheme of things.

Haven't you noticed that the board listens intently to our ramblings here? Coincidence? I don't think so!

There is absolutely zero chance our board are scouting managers. They're backing him heavily and will have a time set where they expect to see fruitionof their endeavours- it 100% wont be 3 games into the season.

No probably not but imo putting up plenty of money is a good reason to have plans in place.

Just to make sure my arguments aren't taken too far one way, as I appreciate I am only stating one side of the argument, but Koeman does deserve more time to prove himself, but he does have a lot to prove. I genuinely hope he succeeds.

Can I just be clear... sacking a manager for me is a damage limitation/relegation prevention exercise.

Tatty bye koeman? Yep pretty much says he's not my choice of manager much longer than is required till we get the next one in who supposedly ticks the boxes. If he's not right then rinse and repeat.

I envisage him being here all season. I hope I'm wrong but I expect us to require a new boss after this season.

Just so I don't come across all the time as a Negative Nelly about Koeman... It's certainly true that, in most team sports, sorting out the defence takes priority over sorting out the offence. Not always, but most World Series baseball champs in the US win because of pitching, not hitting. When I think back to European champions Nottingham Forest in the 1970s, they won the cup because their defence was pretty much impregnable. I remember them swatting down wave after wave of attacks, and they needed only one counter-attack to win. Despite this, I have to say they were still fun to watch. Koeman appears to be focusing still on defense, just like last year, and I don't blame him for that, but it still doesn't excuse the awful game tactics. Right now, we're not fun to watch.

Guest B.angel

I have major concerns over Ronald. After a full season and the start of this campaign, I fail to see the philosophy on how he wants to play.

Every club in the Prem has an identity of how to they are set up to play. Something we still don't have. The way we play at present is one of the most boring sides I've seen in the last five years. We must remember this guy has spent up to £200mil and is cashing in on 6mil a year to put a display on like we seen on Sunday.

Everyone is barking on about striker, striker,striker... The way I see it, and have seen it for the past year is that we desperately need two wingbacks with extreme pace and energy. Baines is having everyone off lately. This blue icon label is wearing very thin with me now. His legs have completely gone and he never steps past the half way line. He gets to the line and drills a twenty yard pass across the floor. This is all well and good but the real reason this guy does this is because he is petrified he will get caught out at the top end of the field cause everyone will see his legs and realise.

We are also in desperate need for our two central midfielders to drive forward with the ball. If they can do this then the business been made in the final third can truelly flourish. This is one good thing Barkley done and I truelly miss.

I will never write of Ronald off at this stage but from what I'm seeing lately does not inspire me as I still can't clearly see what he is trying to do.

Guest B.angel

Also, if we truelly want to hit that top four, we can't be moaning over paying staggering amounts for the likes of sigurdson. It sounds really silly but we need to treat this money like monopoly money. It wouldn't surprise me if 1/3 of Ronald's signings at the end of the season were deadwood and shipped off for a reasonable price. It should be experimental at all costs. City started like this and look how much it took them to become one of the elite in the Prem.

Haha -- why was he banned in the first place? I can't remember.

He was already close to the line, has re-registered under two or three different names since but we in the TT mafia have ways of knowing (tweaks moustache). He's probably back this time because he's been banned everywhere else :rolleyes:,

:rofl::rofl: I read through it a bit and was LOL here at work. the good old days. Brett Angel bullying people, MC still posting and having a go with Pad every other comment, and me guessing Kone would score at least 12 goals for us in one season :crying::crying: some real gems there

MC took a real dislike to me for some reason, dunno why, I happen to think he's a very good poster when he's not trying to turn the board into a warriors gang mentality of cliques.