IGNORED

Euro 2016

Well afterwards: Great game! All players were great. Just like Germany earlier, I do enjoy a good faceroll every once in a while. Hazard motm, but he's been good in every game so far, just like Vermaelen. Hungary was actually not that bad.

Edited by Mirallas

Looks like Belgium are starting to peak at just the right time.

Lukaku had a decent game, did all of the stuff that most criticise him for not doing enough (hold up, link play, making runs and keeping busy) but didn't manage to do the thing that many rate him for by scoring.

The service to him wasn't great and ironic that the one ball he'd been waiting all game for arrived a couple of minutes after he'd gone off and Batshuayi was the beneficiary instead! Seems cemented as first choice every game now though, so that will only push the price up. I was expecting some of the others to be sharing starts, Benteke, Batshuayi etc. but they've barely had a look in.

Credit to them for playing with a positive attitude and not parking the bus.

Fear wales will be different if belgiums past two games against them are anything to go by.

TBF, Wales were unleashed in those qualification games and Belgium were relatively reserved. It remains to be seen how it will pan out this time. I could go both ways, definitely since Vermaelen will be suspended, he's been huge for Belgium in the past few games.

Edited by Mirallas

As someone who played football for over 30 years, I am totally bewildered by the number of times you see a player, under no pressure, have a shot at goal and balloon it into row z. Don't these people practise their shooting?

They do but in sight of goal most suffer from hero-complex and think they can Payet the ball into the top corner.

Hazard was a different class the lads a special player on his day definitely up there with the best of them

I don't get all the Bale hype he's scored the goals etc granted but I think he's looked ok for the most part Ramsey has been more consistent IMO

Looking forward to our game tonight heard rumours of Sterling to start and I can't believe I'm saying this but if he does I can see him having a blinder on the counter attack ?

Edited by EFC-Paul

Something about Bale irritates me. I think it's the "look at me being all humble with my inferior team mates" vibe that I'm getting.

Yes Gareth, we know you play for a huge club and are your teams best player... we know that you play in Spain because you have gone all Beckham with your silly hair do and little streak of hair dye. Maybe if you move to Man United you will get a short back and sides

Hazard was a different class the lads a special player on his day definitely up there with the best of them

I don't get all the Bale hype he's scored the goals etc granted but I think he's looked ok for the most part Ramsey has been more consistent IMO

Looking forward to our game tonight heard rumours of Sterling to start and I can't believe I'm saying this but if he does I can see him having a blinder on the counter attack

On the counter attack? Going to be pretty hard when there are no Iceland attacks to counter like.

Edited by Romey 1878

Something about Bale irritates me. I think it's the "look at me being all humble with my inferior team mates" vibe that I'm getting.

Yes Gareth, we know you play for a huge club and are your teams best player... we know that you play in Spain because you have gone all Beckham with your silly hair do and little streak of hair dye. Maybe if you move to Man United you will get a short back and sides

I love him. Being the most expensive player ever and playing for Real Madrid he could easily be a bit arrogant and big headed - but he's not. He loves playing for Wales and it's fantastic. Quite opposite of what we had with Giggs. Brilliant player but didn't play any friendlies or seem that passionate about his country.

Less than 5 years ago we were ranked 117th and now we're in the quarter finals of the Euros. Coleman deserves massive praise for the work he's done. Gary Speed started the process of transforming the team and Coleman has done a wonderful job.

I agree about Bale actually not playing that well but then again he's scored 3 and has 1 assist in 4 games so he's had a huge influence. That's what world class players do. Ramsey has been terrific and so has Joe Allen. James Chester and Ben Davies have also been sublime. I was lucky enough to have a ticket for the match on Saturday and it was just surreal seeing us there. Belgium will be incredibly tough but we've had the upper hand in recent matches so they'll know what we're capable of. No fear, enjoy the occassion and go for it. Come on Cymru!

Edited by Geth

I love him. Being the most expensive player ever and playing for Real Madrid he could easily be a bit arrogant and big headed - but he's not. He loves playing for Wales and it's fantastic. Quite opposite of what we had with Giggs. Brilliant player but didn't play any friendlies or seem that passionate about his country.

Less than 5 years ago we were ranked 117th and now we're in the quarter finals of the Euros. Coleman deserves massive praise for the work he's done. Gary Speed started the process of transforming the team and Coleman has done a wonderful job.

I agree about Bale actually not playing that well but then again he's scored 3 and has 1 assist in 4 games so he's had a huge influence. That's what world class players do. Ramsey has been terrific and so has Joe Allen. James Chester and Ben Davies have also been sublime. I was lucky enough to have a ticket for the match on Saturday and it was just surreal seeing us there. Belgium will be incredibly tough but we've had the upper hand in recent matches so they'll know what we're capable of. No fear, enjoy the occassion and go for it. Come on Cymru!

I'm being satirical if im honest. He deserves alot of credit. Quite heart warming seeing him with his daughter after the game. Edited by Hafnia

Bale is one of the only things I like about Wales. TBF I have nothing personal against the Welsh, but purely because all the media are telling me that the welsh people are so amazing because so and so, makes me just dislike the living daylight out of em, and I don't even know any Welshmen :D I hope they lose next Friday, even if their opponent weren't Belgium.

Bale is one of the only things I like about Wales. TBF I have nothing personal against the Welsh, but purely because all the media are telling me that the welsh people are so amazing because so and so, makes me just dislike the living daylight out of em, and I don't even know any Welshmen :D I hope they lose next Friday, even if their opponent weren't Belgium.

The media can write what they want but we've waited 58 years to qualify so I'm sorry if we enjoy ourselves and actually behave. We can get a bit excited so we tend to sing a lot but it's all good natured fun. Don't really like Belgium either if i'm honest. You think you're much better than you actually are. We'll just have to stuff you like we did last time. Maybe Nainggolan will actually know which we you score this time rather than head it straight to Bale. We don't fear you and have you're number.

Edit: Your chocolate is also overrated - just like your national team.

Wales 1 Belgium 0

Edited by Geth

Edit: Your chocolate is also overrated - just like your national team.

Your notions on how Belgians estimate their national team are as misinformed as your notions on chocolate.

Edit: I deleted the rest of my comment, because I don't want the discussion to go this way. Just keeping that bit up here ^

Edited by Mirallas

Your notions on how Belgians estimate their national team are as misinformed as your notions on chocolate.

Edit: I deleted the rest of my comment, because I don't want the discussion to go this way. Just keeping that bit up here ^

I'm not going to argue on here about the match like two children. May the best team win on Friday. Edited by Geth

I'm not going to argue on here about the match like two children. May the best team win on Friday.

Do Wales make chocolate out of interest?

Thought you lot just ate leeks and laverbread :P.

(And sheep when they became old and unattractive obviously)

Do Wales make chocolate out of interest?

Thought you lot just ate leeks and laverbread :P.

(And sheep when they became old and unattractive obviously)

i hope he knows they're not Malteasers lying around on the slopes of Snodownia :unsure:

I'm not going to argue on here about the match like two children. May the best team win on Friday.

It is strange of mirallas to come on here and just state he hates all welsh people (??), but it is true that noone in belgium thinks the national team is better than they are. Its the foreign press that drools over the team because of all the premier league players, but so far this generation of belgians has beaten noone of note in official games.

May the best team win indeed.