IGNORED

Euro 2016

Travesty; but what can you do?

When Greece stole it I was happy, tonight I'm not; but France have only themselves to blame.

Their tactics were sound though. First you injure the other side's best player.

Payet didnt even apologize or check on him; stay classy dimitri.

sorry, typo, i meant to say Portugal didn't steal anything

really? The most "safe" team bored their way to victory because of one man. "But he didn't play most of the game!" - yeah but they'd would'nt have even qualified without him. Poor "team" stole the trophy. Simple as that.

Strange tournament I never got fired up for it beforehand or during it I'm not sure if that's down to a lack of advertising patriotism etc as I didn't expect us to much either way but the whole thing has been generally dull and boring

Teams haven't been up to par big players have generally been poor not much to shout about really

Worst major tournament in my lifetime

Edited by EFC-Paul

I enjoyed watching France and Italy. Griezman pretty much confirmed he's up there with Suarez atm. Italy were just class. The weaker teams certainly didn't help the tournament. The old system was much better. Portugal wernt as bad as some are making out here. Certainly not the best side in it but the last couple of games they defended brilliantly.

Their tactics were sound though. First you injure the other side's best player.

Payet didnt even apologize or check on him; stay classy dimitri.

He did actually.

I didn't even think it was a bad challenge anyway. He won the ball and then his momentum carried him through to Ronaldo's standing leg.

Dreadful tournament: utterly dull and forgettable. Best 'team' were Germany, but they were undone by lack of a striker in the SF. France flattered to deceive and I was pleased they lost. I have Portuguese friends and my little boy loves Ronaldo so I was very happy for them. Team defence, as ever, wins games, something I hope we learn from for the new season.

Dreadful tournament: utterly dull and forgettable. Best 'team' were Germany, but they were undone by lack of a striker in the SF. France flattered to deceive and I was pleased they lost. I have Portuguese friends and my little boy loves Ronaldo so I was very happy for them. Team defence, as ever, wins games, something I hope we learn from for the new season.

Agree. The tone was set by that god-awful opening ceremony...

Wanted the French to win though, I can't stand play acting cheats and thats the majority of the Portuguese team.

really? The most "safe" team bored their way to victory because of one man. "But he didn't play most of the game!" - yeah but they'd would'nt have even qualified without him. Poor "team" stole the trophy. Simple as that.

A colleague of mine made an interesting suggestion. He felt that Portugal were a better and more balanced team when Ronaldo wasn't playing. Isn't that often the case with teams that boast a superstar?

A colleague of mine made an interesting suggestion. He felt that Portugal were a better and more balanced team when Ronaldo wasn't playing. Isn't that often the case with teams that boast a superstar?

I disagree but then, I don't care enough anymore to debate it :)