IGNORED

Euro 2016

In a bar in Bordeaux. We are top of the league!!!

Which one Geth? My bro lives there and I was there for four days earlier this year; visited most of them :P.

Edit; been travelling all day so missed both games but just saw the highlights, how was Škrtel still on the pitch and no pen given for a blatant elbow right in front of an official at 1-0?

Agreed, Rooney was excellent. Probably MOTM

I'd agree, think England would have won had he been upfront though. Dier, Alli, and Lallana all had a good game too. I'm surprised how well the midfield done, I thought that was England's weakest area. The defense didn't have much to do, but looked a little shakey when called upon. No comment on the attackers Kane, and Sterling.

Rory McIlroy sends inspiring message to NI squad..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36507268

"It's an honour to represent Northern Ireland around the world - and to put our wee country on the sporting map."

So why has he chosen to represent the Republic in the Olympics rather than GB & NI :dont know:?

All depends on whether you see NI as part of Ireland, right? Britain can hardly complain after calling its athletes Team GB. What other team names itself after an island instead of its own country?

All depends on whether you see NI as part of Ireland, right? Britain can hardly complain after calling its athletes Team GB. What other team names itself after an island instead of its own country?

Probably none; I was just commenting on the fact that he said representing NI as someone from there was an honour, but given the chance to represent them he chose instead to represent a "foreign" team. He might personally see the North as part of the island of Ireland (which obviously geographically it is) but the reality is that it's not in the same nation.

Complex issue I know, 'specially given that the Ireland rugby team is selected from the whole island but the fact remains that he's a citizen of, "the Great Britain and Northern Ireland Olympic Team run by the British Olympic Association" (to give Team GB its full description), so if he's proud to represent his "wee country" that's the team he should be in.

Rooney was absolutely class, and it is fucking lunacy that he was subbed.

Kane was poor and needs dropping. At the very least make him stop taking our set-pieces. They are beyond shite. And you want him on the end of them, not fucking up the delivery!

Agree some of those balls Rooney played were Pirlo esq he's made for that role now

Can I fathom the logic behind Kane on set pieces can I fuck tall strong lad with a good head on him taking corners well done Roy

Some good performances but lack of finishing has done us over and I think Sturridge or Vardy would have buried one or two of those chances

Wilshire for Lallana Vardy for Kane that's all he needed to do around the hour mark

Steve, England doesn't enter the Olympics. The Olympic team is 'Great Britain and Northern Ireland'. Northern Ireland athletes can choose to represent the Republic of Ireland if they so wish. You can Google to get the details.

The UK is an odd exception that grew historically, where not a country, but its separate states can participate to a international competition, and the Olympics aren't much help there because of the 'under 23' rule. But otherwise I'd have liked to see a UK team on the euros. Add players like Bale and Ramsey to the selection. It would suck for Schotland and NI though. But if Bale took Lallana's spot yesterday it might have been a whole different outcome.

Which one Geth? My bro lives there and I was there for four days earlier this year; visited most of them :P.

Edit; been travelling all day so missed both games but just saw the highlights, how was krtel still on the pitch and no pen given for a blatant elbow right in front of an official at 1-0?

Went to quite a few. The Sweeny Todd was good. Plus the ones near the river at the front. Bit expensive there but all worth it just to see that game. The atmosphere was incredible in the stadium (don't know how it sounded on tv) and I'm so happy we got the win. Dare I say we should qualify from the group now. Bring on the showdown on Thursday.

Went to quite a few. The Sweeny Todd was good. Plus the ones near the river at the front. Bit expensive there but all worth it just to see that game. The atmosphere was incredible in the stadium (don't know how it sounded on tv) and I'm so happy we got the win. Dare I say we should qualify from the group now. Bring on the showdown on Thursday.

Sweeny Todd's was my favourite, went there four or five times and my brother always goes there for the football. He lives about five minutes walk away, I could've saved you a hotel bill, he's got a spare room :P. Incredible buildings down by the river there; did you have a look at the "water mirror"?

Going back to England, Hodgson has stuffed up. He has taken far too many strikers and centre mids with basically no wingers at all.

There were plenty to choose from: Townsend, Lennon, Zaha, hell even Gayle could do a job. No other country in the tournament tries to fit square pegs into round holes as much as England.

I feel for Vardy, Kane stunk the place out last night, and I have a sneaking suspicion that if Vardy had already moved to Arsenal and scored all those goals for them this season that he would be starting ahead of Kane.

I think kane should play 'with' Vardy. Kane is good in the air so why does hodgson have him on corners and free kicks. Edited by Hafnia

Yeah those Russians were out of order!

Honestly, I don't care which country the fans support: Russia's received a formal warning, though, and England a dishonourable mention.

I'd like to think that a country would recall its team if fans cause trouble. That would be the right thing to do, but such is the obsession with sport these days that such a course of action would be unthinkable. So, we have to rely on (and blame) organizations such as UEFA.

I think kane should play 'with' Vardy. Kane is good in the air so why does hodgson have him on corners and free kicks.

According to the Telegraph, Hodgson was impressed by the way Kane struck the ball in training. So he takes all the corners and most of the free kicks. Typical stubborn Hodgson, he won't change it now even if its obvious its not working.

According to the Telegraph, Hodgson was impressed by the way Kane struck the ball in training. So he takes all the corners and most of the free kicks. Typical stubborn Hodgson, he won't change it now even if its obvious its not working.

Yep. He does like to prove he's an individual does roy Edited by Hafnia