IGNORED

Will Koeman at EFC & Mourinho in old trafford change things?

With Lukaku (I'm one of the best in the world) for £65mil for anyone daft enough to pay it & Stones price set at £40Mil does Koeman coming in as manager change anything?

I can't see Lukaku going to MU with Mourinho & Ibrahimovic in-situ, £65mil from Chelsea also looking unlikely. Does PSG & Bayern still hold enough sway? Lets face it the Premier League is the place to be next season and especially in the NW. I can't see lukaku & his agent keeping there mouths shut long enough though - Our drop in form was coincidental with him giving it the big I am for next season.

Stones seems to be intent on leaving - does the Koeman / Mourinho appointments change anything, especially with Barca's Mori interest?

I think Stones will stay now doesn't matter who comes in, lukaku is gone, just wish it would be sooner rather than later incase he has an awful euro's or gets badly injured. If Koeman comes hopefully he'll bring Frazier Forster with him. Don't think I'm fussed on any other Southampton players. Dont see Mori going anywhere yet either.

Let me ask this straight up - do we really want Koeman? I mean I think Southampton has played some good matches, but I dunno, I'm not ultra excited about this.

Can somebody tell me why we need to be at excited at EFC with this bloke?

read the other thread on who to replace martinez. i've posted in there as well as others.

Shane Long seriously? And what the hell Has he done in his career apart from get relegated and play second fiddle to other players? Aren't we meant to be moving forward? We might as well approach Alan Smith and Mikael Forsell as well.

Edited by MC11

Long is okay and effective but I can't see us paying what Southampton would demand. Maybe Koeman can get Niasse (remember him?!) up to standard and have him as the impact player Long often is.

On the subject of who Koeman may bring from Southampton... Dave Watson the gk coach for them and England is highly regarded - worked with Hart, Butland, Foster and Forster in his time at Birmingham (where he got a lot of credit for development of the 1st 3), Southampton and England. If you don't know who he is you'll recognise him if you watch the England games - seems a very influential figure.

Koeman likes target players so I suspect Lukaku's replacement will be someone in the Pelle mould, hopefully a bit better and younger. I don't get this hate for Long, he scored one goal less than Pelle in the league and I suspect (can't be arsed to check) he played less.

Shane Longs okay. But Btay did say as a back up striker!

Where I disagree is bringing in okay players such as Long as back up. This is were I think clubs get it wrong...don't buy in back up players, use the young lads that you've already invested large sums in.

Give youth a chance!!!

Koeman likes target players so I suspect Lukaku's replacement will be someone in the Pelle mould, hopefully a bit better and younger. I don't get this hate for Long, he scored one goal less than Pelle in the league and I suspect (can't be arsed to check) he played less.

You want Shane Long here and expect that to improve us? £100m to spend lets get long in. He played 2 less games than Pelle and scored one less goal. Must be brilliant. Hahaha

Would not be shocked if we go for Benteke once Koeman is confirmed.

I'd be very shocked especially at the price they'd want to recoup.

I would like us to get 2 'top' strikers in - maybe one with a bit more experience e.g Dzeko, Mandzukic, Gomez, Huntelaar and then maybe Janssen.

With the amount of money Koeman will have I don't think that's too far fetched at all.

I'd be very shocked especially at the price they'd want to recoup.

I would like us to get 2 'top' strikers in - maybe one with a bit more experience e.g Dzeko, Mandzukic, Gomez, Huntelaar and then maybe Janssen.

With the amount of money Koeman will have I don't think that's too far fetched at all.

exactly, though Huntelaar is getting on a bit, isn't he?

exactly, though Huntelaar is getting on a bit, isn't he?

33 this summer... for the right price I'd still have him on a short contract with a younger top class striker. Kone is our 'senior' striker currently, hardly an inspiring figure for the younger lads to look up to.

33 this summer... for the right price I'd still have him on a short contract with a younger top class striker. Kone is our 'senior' striker currently, hardly an inspiring figure for the younger lads to look up to.

on a free, yeah ;)

Janssen looks a good shout up front and Koeman should know all about him since his Feynoord days. Another from Feynoord was Clasie to Southampton (and maybe Goodison according to media) so there's precedent there. But Koeman also needs defenders, and those he can trust. Based on his Feynoord days I'm guessing van dan Beek or de Vrijl could be strong possibilities as am worried we'll lose Stones. Stones leaving would be a huge mistake but that's old news - I'm guessing the young lads learnt a lot from his mistakes, just hope we get the benefit and not Mourinho or Guardiola. He'll learn to defend with Koeman, Southampton a little leaky towards end of season but started (ignoring Liverpool result).

As the School of Science doors are now in full swing I can see some of our English youngsters providing the passion and drive, not sure what Koemans impact will be but with Unsworth & Joe still in place it should be in good hands. Got to thank Martinez for that. Still I don't see the harm in a Scott Dann like figure coming in. Just keep him out of the Derby squads;- )

Mourinho likes world class marquee players although he probably wants Matic too, undoubtedly he'll fight like a dog for Stones - but theres likely no room for Mata - is Mata a good creative fit at Everton? Still Can't see anywhere else for Lukaku other than old Trafford with the room & money.. Price may just keep rising this summer, which makes me doubt whether we can move him on with financial fair play rules limiting Chelses.

Mind you if the dummy stops doing what his puppet master agent wants and gets his head straight I would keep him, no question.

Our backups have been Vic, Jelavic, Kone and to a degree Niasse so I do see Long as a step forward. I'd rather have him on in heartbeat than see Kone or Niasse. I'll make it clear he isn't my first choice, the boy Janssen would probably be.

Realistically if Lukaku goes can we attract 2 quality strikers to come here who are in their prime?