IGNORED

Moussa Sissoko

Not everyone that wanted us to sign him only wanted him because of the price, to show we were spending money. You do love a good generalisation! :P I found that the majority that wanted us to sign him acknowledged that he was overpriced but that this was a crazy market and if we wanted him then that's what we'd have to pay. It was a relatively small amount of fans that went crazy because they were like spoilt kids.

I didn't want him and the only thing that pissed me off about it was the way he, and his agent, went about it all.

It may sound like a generalisation but when you constantly see comments saying "we have only spent X, where's the £100m" - then it appears that many people do see it is as a case of how much we spend - not who we buy.

I would sooner get the right targets at the right price - not the last on the list at an excessive price.

It may sound like a generalisation but when you constantly see comments saying "we have only spent X, where's the £100m" - then it appears that many people do see it is as a case of how much we spend - not who we buy.

I would sooner get the right targets at the right price - not the last on the list at an excessive price.

To be honest, that's the generalisation I've seen but I tend to leave the cesspool that is Twitter well alone.

Edited by Matt

still pretty bemused that we offered £30m for this lad. It sounds like he has the most horrendous attitude - he went on strike at Toulouse to force a move to newcastle.

essentially 2 good international games won him this move and fee. Newcastle fans booed him off the pitch and all sorts. Not a player I want - put it this way I would be very anxious today if we had signed him for £30m. Massive risk by Spurs and a big gamble by us that I'm pleased didn't pay off.

still pretty bemused that we offered £30m for this lad. It sounds like he has the most horrendous attitude - he went on strike at Toulouse to force a move to newcastle.

essentially 2 good international games won him this move and fee. Newcastle fans booed him off the pitch and all sorts. Not a player I want - put it this way I would be very anxious today if we had signed him for £30m. Massive risk by Spurs and a big gamble by us that I'm pleased didn't pay off.

I can only assume that Walsh was in desperation mode at that point and just wanted to get someone, anyone, in.

I can only assume that Walsh was in desperation mode at that point and just wanted to get someone, anyone, in.

there are a few people out there who think under the right management he could be an absolutely amazing midfielder - literally no flaws technically or athletically. Its just his "head" - apparently Rafa gave him the arm band and he responded well.

Once Spurs were interested, I don't believe he was ever going to sign for us. I do believe that he played us off against Spurs for a bigger paycheck and to force a move, and also that Sky reported it as a double u-turn in order to inject some drama into their fucking awful garish transfer deadline day shitfest - they knew that he was only ever going to spurs.

Glad he's not coming here. Let's hope he bombs for the the Hotspurts.

• 1 month later...

hes fucking useless in the centre, and I've never seen him play as a winger. So no :P

just cause you've never seen it doesn't mean he doesn't do it, FFS i would expect better logic from you

http://www.transfermarkt.com/moussa-sissoko/profil/spieler/46001

they track the positioning of the players and use it on their detailed position map. Right midfield matt, eat your heart out

Edited by markjazzbassist

Yeah. RM is the same as a winger. Ok. Rodwell played there too, is he a winger?

as far as i am concerned right midfield and right winger are the same thing. you're not in the middle, and you're on the right side. you are playing as the outside most player on the right, what the fuck is the difference other than nomenclature?