IGNORED

Moussa Sissoko

Fan psychology is a funny thing though (I'm guilty of this too by the way, I'm not 'blaming' anyone here). When it looks like we're signing him for 30 million - "Fucking ridiculous, I'll cry if this goes through". Then another rival club comes in for him: "Twats! He's ours, we saw him first! He'd have been a great signing..."

Hahaha. Dead right aswell. Crazy.

This is dead according to Vinny O'Conner... seems Sissoko had no intention of ever joining us.

Based on what he has said I think we have had a close escape there. The bloke sounds like a tool and given a lot of the Newcastle fans comments he doesn't seem to fit the type of mentality we would want at the club.

What a disappointing end to the window.

Whilst palace singed Remy Benteke and Townsend to bolster their attack we've basically signed Bolasi and maybe Valencia.

Why on gods earth haven't we signed another striker?

If Barkley gers injured we haven't got a natural CAM to replace him with.

Why would he leave it this late in order to bring Sissoko in? You can't have a back up plan an hour before the window shuts.

Pathetic business, just when I thought the club was ran by professionals were still the same old shitty Micky Mouse outfit we always have been.

Edited by AidanLewis

Escaped me have their.

What a disappointing end to the window.

Whilst palace singed Remy Benteke and Townsend to bolster their attack we've basically signed Bolasi and maybe Valencia.

Why on gods earth haven't we signed another striker?

If Barkley gers injured we haven't got a natural CAM to replace him with.

Why would he leave it this late in order to bring Sissoko in? You can't have a back up plan an hour before the window shuts.

Pathetic business, just when I thought the club was ran by professionals were still the same old shitty Micky Mouse outfit we always have been.

I would rather have Bolasie over all 3 of those players you have mentioned for Palace.

If Barkley is out then we can still put Deulofeu at CAM or go two up top.

Im pissed off because we are not getting that one big signing. Wheres the ambition? Intention? What are we supposed to be? Mid table club or a top club? Transfers must show that intent.

We're getting beaten to players who aren't even being considered by top clubs, how are we going to lure a big fish without first doing the little things to get us near the top of the table and european football? Chicken or an egg situation for me... I think we had a modest but solid window. Sold Stones at a premium and by the look of things have a young more than capable replacement with loads of potential in holgate. We did a fine job getting a stopgap keeper solution on the cheap. We nailed an absolute bargain in gueye who looks like a proper star. Williams will give us a proper defensive unit we've been lacking. And we splashed some cash on a real difference maker who also gives us depth and options on the wing and in attack.

I think they deserve some heat for not locking down another goal scorer for depth, but everything else points to this being a window in which we were smart, didn't shell out a ton of cash on ppl who weren't worth it, but still bolstered our squad nad got it to a point where Koeman feels strong about our positioning moving forward. This window was utter craziness anyway; might be worth a punt to see if a solid depth piece in attack is available for a more reasonable sum in January.