IGNORED

Martinez wins £10m compensation for being sacked

Sometimes you are a tool Haf when you see only one side of the argument...

Maybe he should get a cut of the Stones deal for making him the £50mil player he is or maybe a cut from the Lukaku deal when he eventually leaves too? Fuck it, might as well give him the whole Naismith fee as almost everyone wanted him gone before Martinez turned him into a gem.

Likewise maybe Walsh should have to pay Leicester for losing money on Kramaric?

If I was Martinez I would have been doing the exact same thing and so would everyone else on here.

About 70% of this site have been saying pretty much how Martinez has ruined us.

But Haf says it....wow.

People are really taking your Lukaku critism personally it seems.

Well that's how it looks haha.

Back to the deal Martinez signed, if you look at Kenwrights dealings he's never been the best or his advisers haven't been. i.e. Moyes was allowed to run his contract down, the farcical way they forgot to give Gosling a deal in time to stop him leaving for free.

The deals for the grounds we may or may not have had a chance to move to all point to the same person unfortunately.

We have one good season albeit with Moyes defence and some lunatic journalist mentions Martinez and Barcelona in the same breath and booom panic panic panic. Stupid contract thrown on the table and the rest is history.

I will repeat again. He has got a poor right foot.

You can show me stats saying weve had 25 days of sunshine on the wirral this summer, my opinion will be that summer is pretty non existent.

So you think hes good in the air too? Me? 6/10 is generous.

If you keep repeating it does that mean it will come true?

There's a surprise, a thread about Martinez turning in to a Lukaku debate. I assume it's Lukaku anyway. Once I saw strikers being debated I stopped reading.

Anyone else think Martinez is a cheeky fucker rinsing us for that amount after failing so badly?

Yes but his contract says he was entitled to it so the blame must lie elsewhere.

There's a surprise, a thread about Martinez turning in to a Lukaku debate. I assume it's Lukaku anyway. Once I saw strikers being debated I stopped reading.

Anyone else think Martinez is a cheeky fucker rinsing us for that amount after failing so badly?

More annoyed at the club mate.

His contract said he was entitled so he did what any of us would do and took it

Hmmm. Wonder how we got here? A comment about right foot goal wasnt it.... anyway.

If Roberto was a relative of mine i would say "fair play to your lawyers roberto, i'd keep it quiet... you've had them off big time there. If you add your belguim wages to your everton wages then you are one of the highest paid managers in the world.... what where they thinking?..... it made financial sense for you to fail!"

If i was related to bill or bob "ffs, havent you learnt yet?.... moshiri will have you out and with good reason"

Disaster.

I noticed a huge change in him in his second year. He behaved like a kid who had entered a cheat code into a computer game. Previously he was guarding every life he had, preserving energy as he knew it was vital to his survival. Then all of a sudden he feels untouchable - comfortable.... he becomes wreckless because he knows he cant lose.

Edited by Hafnia

Haha....you guys crack me up. It's always funny reading it later when you're not involved. Nobody comes out looking very good!!!

I was wondering what thread I was reading!!!

Anyway...it's standard to pay up a contract when you sack em (although I think this is some lunacy...you don't get sacked for doing well but get rewarded!). I think the bit we can be pissed about is that there appears to be no clause with regards to how much compensation you get and how quickly you get a other job. Only in football could a failure become a multi millionaire.

Someone dropped a bollock in the contract renewel neogiations. The problem is that BK is far too soft, he's like a big cuddly teddy bear and falls in love all to easily. His heart completely rules his head and he makes statements like an excited kid on Christmas day.

I've never really pointed the finger at BK but I do hope for the day that someone with a more iron fist is running things behind the scenes.

This is not an Everton phenomena it is standard practice in football, Newcastle had to pay £6M to get rid of fat Sam

It was a bit of a no win situation for the Board, if they hadn't have rewarded him with a new contract and his second and third seasons were as good as his first and a bigger club then came in and snatched him people would have been blaming the Board for not tying him down to a new contract. Just take a look at the Idrissa Gueye thread, people were saying he deserves a new contact after 2 games!

This is not an Everton phenomena it is standard practice in football, Newcastle had to pay £6M to get rid of fat Sam

It was a bit of a no win situation for the Board, if they hadn't have rewarded him with a new contract and his second and third seasons were as good as his first and a bigger club then came in and snatched him people would have been blaming the Board for not tying him down to a new contract. Just take a look at the Idrissa Gueye thread, people were saying he deserves a new contact after 2 games!

All very true. But generally, you have to stay out of work for a while. Hence why a number of managers get sacked and tend to be 'unemployed' for a while. As far as I know anyway.

There is rewarding and protecting your asset.... this was a case of removing any risk of them underperforming.

I was fine with him doing 3 years and elevating us and earning his move to a barca. The contract was a fuck up. Plain and simple.

That shower at newcastle arent an example of conducting business the right way dunc.

I understood the need to secure him, it was a wreckless gamble the way it was done. Not good.

About 70% of this site have been saying pretty much how Martinez has ruined us.

But Haf says it....wow.

People are really taking your Lukaku critism personally it seems.

Well that's how it looks haha.

I respond to the individual points regardless of whoever posted it.

Never anything against Haf, without it going to his head, I do think he is one of the better posters on here it's just that this time he is wrong ;)

• 3 months later...