IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Home) Friday September 30th

markjazzbassist

Well, we played okay for a total of 10-15 minutes. Otherwise Palace pretty much had their way with us. We were particularly poor throughout the second half and lucky, really, to get away with a draw in the end. If I were trying to be fair to the lads we have caught Palace on a real high and it's clear they're improved from last year. Expect them easily in the top 10 if they keep on like this.

Thought Cleverly and Jags were good throughout the game. Others were decent in flashes (Bolasie, Ross, Rom). Can't understand what we're doing trying to defend those second balls from corners, but showed defensive resolve not to concede from any of the 600 they earned.

Sadly, Oviedo is not a premier league footballer.

Still think the Stek (and whoever let Coleman alone with Benteke) was at fault for their goal. The way I saw the situation, when the ball left Benteke's head Stek thought it was going wide and didn't react right away. Maybe just a trick of the camera angle, but that's how it looked to me.

PLAY DEULOFEU AND MIRALLAS AT ALL COSTS. Let's fucking have a go.

Don't think either are what Koeman wants in an attacking midfielder/winger. Think he'll be looking to strengthen in this position with players like Bolasie who are better at pressing - something I think Mirallas is quite good at actually.

Seemed to work pretty well, if ref and linesmen mistakes were ruled out, they just won 2-0 away at a team in the top 4.

I thought at the time the free kick award for our goal was correct decision and now I've seen it on TV I can't see how there is any question about it

Likewise their disallowed goal , Delaney heads it back across goal and there is absolutely no doubting that MCCarthur is offside

One point is better than no points! Coleman was no match against Benteke for CP's goal, and I don't know how well Hollgate would have done in the same position. Oviedo, on the other hand, did well enough in Bainesies absence. I think Everton's flanks needs major sorting after this match.

The cross should have been closed down and keeper should have positioned himself slightly better but that was a good goal!