IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) Saturday November 5th

markjazzbassist

I do respect your opinion but when you look at the top five for the last seven years or so they don't change and its know coincidence there all big spenders last season bucked the trend with Leicester but we won't see anything like that again a one off so unless our spending starts to get inline with Arsenal,Spurs,Utd,City and the shite we will struggle break into the top five.

The youth policy is vital to this club we have over many years brought some great talent into the game only problem is we end up selling we need to keep these home grown lads and add to them but to do this and be successful at it you need money that's just how it is in our league

I do respect your opinion but when you look at the top five for the last seven years or so they don't change and its know coincidence there all big spenders last season bucked the trend with Leicester but we won't see anything like that again a one off so unless our spending starts to get inline with Arsenal,Spurs,Utd,City and the shite we will struggle break into the top five.

The youth policy is vital to this club we have over many years brought some great talent into the game only problem is we end up selling we need to keep these home grown lads and add to them but to do this and be successful at it you need money that's just how it is in our league

Great post I agree. of the current youth the only ones actually ready would be holgate and Davies. Garbutt can't hack it in the championship (doubt he will in the prem either) and Galloway can't get a shift at CB in a top league.

We need a GK, LB, RB, 2 backup CM, 2 more proper wingers, and 1 proper striker. We don't have any of that in super high quality or premier readiness in the u23. So we need to buy.

We also need to clear the dead wood. Gibson besic Lennon mcgeady kone biased Valencia McCarthy garbutt could all leave and likely wouldn't affect us one bit.

I must admit I am now worried. We have played 2 decent sides and been battered by both albeit only losing to one. Koeman didn't do that with Soton so I can only imagine it is because he doesn't have the players but if you look at almost all of our games this season we have started slowly, we could have easily been 2 or 3 down at West Ham in the first 30 mins as well, so something isn't working regardless of whether it's 3, 4 or 5 at the back.

Chelsea played well but they aren't as good as we showed them to be. They weren't allowed to be that good against Soton the previous week for example. We didn't test David Luiz once (who is still as shit as he was before, albeit less exposed), we didn't close down anywhere near enough and the most worrying thing is that Liverpool play with the same intensity and IMO we are set for yet another dicking from them, especially at Anfield.

When you consider that Koeman was after Sissoko and Kone this summer who have been shocking so far for their respective clubs, I'm not having the argument that it would be better with 'his' players either. There is plenty of talent in this squad and he needs to use it.

Bear with me on this:

Remember the positive vibes when Koeman got the job. I said then that he was not my choice but I was willing to wait, at least for a while. I said similar things after the debacle of the League cup.

Today, I saw something awful, not the defeat, not even the scoreline. No, what I saw was abject cowardice by an Everton side.

No fight in them, lack of direction and dirty yes DIRTY tackles. I always say so when the opposition do it to our lads so I will not be a hypocrite and ignore the (lack of) performance today.

The tactics were not apparent apart from sit back, and metaphorically die in a public execution without a whimper.

I was disgusted, upset and fed up with Koeman.

We're the joke of the league and everyone's laughing.

Nah, not everyone, Man City couldn't beat us and Chelsea made it look easy, they went top after City couldn't beat Borough.....

So City aren't laughing and I'm sure you can find others, any way it's only a game of football, nothing to stress over.

First half - not a single attempt at goal and shit.

Second half - a couple of half-arsed attempts at goal. Still shit.

Stek - Really shit.

Jagielka - Looked on his last legs.

Williams - Didn't look far behind Jags to be honest.

Funes Mori - I literally cannot recall his performance at all.

Coleman - Should have been sent off and was shit.

Cleverley - Our very own Jordan Henderson. Does absolutely nothing and did absolutely nothing yesterday.

Barry - Completely overran with Mr. Nothing next to him providing nothing.

Oviedo - Shit.

Barkley - One step forward, about fucking ten backwards based on yesterday. Did nothing when he had the ball and even fucking less without it. If he'd done the square root of fuck all yesterday it still would have been more than he actually did.

Lukaku - The only one I felt slightly sorry for because there was literally nothing behind him. If he wanted to touch the ball then he had to come deep into his own fucking half! But when he did touch the ball he wasn't good enough either.

Bolasie - His contribution to the game was to get booked. His contribution should have been to get sent off for two stupid challenges, which would have been a silver lining if he hadn't also been shit.

Lastly - don't play 3 at the back with these players. They're not good enough for it. Get players in that are suitable to the system before trying it again, don't force these ones into it. I don't like getting thumped like yesterday.

Edited by Romey 1878

Stek - Really shit.

Cleverley - Our very own Jordan Henderson. Does absolutely nothing and did absolutely nothing yesterday.

Oviedo - Shit.

Barkley - One step forward, about fucking ten backwards based on yesterday. Did nothing when he had the ball and even fucking less without it. If he'd done the square root of fuck all yesterday it still would have been more than he actually did.

Lukaku - The only one I felt slightly sorry for because there was literally nothing behind him. If he wanted to touch the ball then he had to come deep into his own fucking half! But when he did touch the ball he wasn't good enough either.

Bolasie - His contribution to the game was to get booked. His contribution should have been to get sent off for two stupid challenges, which would have been a silver lining if he hadn't also been shit.

Lastly - don't play 3 at the back with these players. They're not good enough for it. Get players in that are suitable to the system before trying it again, don't force these ones into it. I don't like getting thumped like yesterday.

That's interesting because Funes Moris performance was a difficult one to forget for me. He's shite at defending and needs to be offloaded, every time I see him play he is awful, against West ham he turned his back to an attacker twice in the same game, TWICE. Big nono! This league to stop buying players from the Argentine league it's not worth the risk.

I don't like Costa but Coleman wants a severe bollocking over that challenge. Career ender.

So.e may look at it and say "yes get in".... I looked at it as a disgrace.

Totally disagree, he miscontrolled then over stretched trying to make the tackle and ended up going over the top after getting the ball, no malicious intent whatsoever

Stek - Really shit.

Oviedo - Shit.

Pretty accurate summary, only thing I disagree with is the Coleman sending off

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

This. What's the point of keeping on playing the same supposedly 'senior' pros who were shit for two seasons under Martinez and, lo and behold, are still shit? Koeman cannot have watched yesterday's game and thought anything other than - this lot are not good enough. We have a youth set up that produces a lot of good professional footballers, the current U21 side has some real talent. Can we please fucking see some of them play senior football for this club instead of being summarily moved on while we play the same hapless, spineless wankers who keep letting our club down so badly??

Im as angry as I was at any point last season, it just isnt good enough.

In fairness Galloway isn't getting games for West Brom and their Left Back looked very average the other night.

Plus the U21s seem to be coming undone slightly. We have a couple of gems in there but there aren't at premier league level yet.

It's still early days with Koeman buts disappointing that we appear to have gone backwards rather than forwards in those dozen games.

Edited by Bailey